13th pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WoodyHarrelson, Jan 8, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You think? He seems a little stiff to me. I have no doubts that he will be a good blocker in the NFL, but I don't think he's going to be a highlight reel guy. Kinda like a boring, but solid TE that catches 40-50 balls a year with a handful of touchdowns and but is a part of a good running game

RochesterJet and KingRoach like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, I may have gotten a little caught up in the hype on that one. Great hands but when he's running he reminds me of Trevon Wesco.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Mayer's going to be a good TE. I don't think he's going to be an 80 catch guy but I have been surprised in the past.

I think Darnell Washington is pretty close to Mayer in value and has some major upside. He's huge though and I'm not sure a man his size is going to be able to use that to his advantage in the NFL. 6'7" 269 lbs.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I like Washington, he can really move for a big man.

5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Granted they are nothing more than mock drafts, --- but I've seen Bryan Bresee's name a couple of times at 13 & I am a hard NO on that.

The Bryan Bresee freshman year at Clemson = yes. But since then, - way too much injury history. And even when healthy - not as dominating as I'd like especially since he had other NFL caliber players on the D-line to draw away the double teams.

Pass.

KingRoach likes this.
  6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm biased towards the Big10..11...12, whatever it is now, :D, however...I say we scour teams like Iowa, Michigan, Penn State until we find O-linemen. We need to draft at LEAST 2. THAT's what I want to see at 13 and beyond.

Br4d likes this.
  7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Either OT or C at #13.

My preference would be trade down but if not it's gotta be OLine

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There is a lot of play in trading down from where the Jets are right now. It's the edge of the annual QB over-reach zone and because the QB's are going to be over-selected again some real talent will get down to the pick - likely at positions the Jets have no real need for.

The #13 could easily turn into the #15 and #78 or #17 and # 80 and something else. It could turn into #24 and #56.

The draft is kind of thick in talent in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds.

RochesterJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

2 threads so I’ll post it twice lol

The obvious choice is OT; Brown is getting old and Bekki was injured the last 2 seasons…. But if Bekki stays healthy and Brown has another season in him/or Mitchell is ready for prime time, that pick doesn’t help THIS year…..

The next option is to trade back, pick up some capital were bound to lose bc of Rodgers… but we want to win THIS year

There is always a chance the Rodgers deal falls thru (AR could change his mind tomorrow), JD would be a fool to not know this and he’s no fool.

People didn’t like when I started pushing for Breece in the 2nd last April, and they’re going to hate who I want the Jets to pick at 13 if he’s available. RB Bijan Robinson.

Breece made ZW look serviceable, BR would do at least the same; we don’t know when BH is going to be 100%. A backfield of BH AND BR would be sick.

IMO this pick subtly lets GB know we’re making other plans - plans that wouldn’t piss off AR.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If our GM snags AR for us and then doesn't pick someone at 13 to protect a future HOF that idiot Douglas should be fired on the spot

11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Bumping this.

Have to point back to Joe Douglas. What did he do to make our team better?

Drafted a DE who doesn’t play because we have too many.

drafted an interior OL who doesn’t play.

signed a WR in Hardman who doesn’t play.

A rod aside, we really needed Broderick Jones. Or, trade back and get another OL. Pats screwed us and Douglas did not upgrade the OL. Here we are again with the second worst pass o and nobody from the draft who has made an impact yet, esp at positions we need.

We beat 5 backup qb last year, think we’re about to do a lot of losing sadly. This team is pretty much the exact same as last year.

#71 WoodyHarrelson, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Tippman is coming, very soon.

13. WoodyHarrelson

I’d hope so. Will McDonald has to play. You cannot draft a guy in the first round and top 15 and redshirt him. It’s wild. Hidden in the Zach drama is that. How can that be?

we have so many freaking DE. We drafted Clemons and Jermaine Johnson who have bright futures. Why did we draft McDonald? Not saying he’s not good but you can’t get better if your draft picks aren’t playing.

14. dawinner127

they took the highest rated player on their board. We are probably going to lose Lawson + Huff in 2024 so WMD and JJ will be our edge rushers.

KingRoach likes this.
  15. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Great. Then worry about it in 2024 not 2023.

WoodyHarrelson likes this.
  16. WoodyHarrelson

bumping this. The irony of a TE we passed on catching the game winning TD yest.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well then their board sucked. There are way better players than McDonald drafted later

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. dawinner127

Just another indictment on the GM. 21-54 and the burner isn't even close to being turned on for this GM yet. Pretty pathetic.

BrowningNagle likes this.