1050 right now...Jets talk on Schaub trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsTillDeath, Mar 15, 2006.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

So Abe for a 2nd and 3rd rounder? So the #47 and the #79 pic. Wow, it is a tough call..............Hmmmmmmmm, I wouldn't sign on the dotted line yet.

2. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

well so much for schaub they way atl protects him makes me wonder how much time left has on that team....

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Doen't sound like this deal is too close yet. When Schaub is removed from the picture it sounds like we could do better.

4. MoBa18

MoBa18 Member

?

Schaub, ATL Second round pick for Abraham and a conditional pick (2nd or 3rd rounder if Schaub becomes the starter)!

Thoughts?

5. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Nobodys untradable. If theyre balking at the Jets proposal, it means they feel like the Jets arent putting the same value on Schaub as they are. When you think about it, Schaub and a second in exchange for Abraham, who is a great player but isnt even under contract... that doesnt put a ton of value on Schaub.

Id love to see them end up shipping Abe to Atlanta in exchange for Schaub and a second or third round pick. Gives us a good young quarterback who can either take over for Pennington, or retain his trade value should Pennington make a comeback since hes only 24, and it frees us up to use the #4 on Ferguson or trade down a bit and pick up Deangelo Williams.

6. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Throw in the fourth we got for Herm. So Abe and a fourth for Schaub and a second. Then take Brick or Hawk. Thats me as of this minute. Prolly will change, haha.

7. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

Listen you Falcon Apologists, let it go. No way we take any less than a 1st rounder if an Atlanta player is not involved. Let's focus on what Seattle, Cleveland or Denver can do for the Jets. Personally, I would like Abe out of the AFC if he's not on the Jets. From Seattle, I'd take the 31st overall pick, a 3rd round this year, and a 2nd rounder in 2007 for Abe. Who's with me?

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Abraham, is under contract. He is a franchise designee, which means he doesnt play, unless the Jets say so. IF a team signs him, we can match or we get 2 firsts.

And Abes relative value, being a PROVEN Commodity, is between the Number 5 and the number 20 pick, which is a gamble.

9. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

i'd rather shoot myself in the foot

10. nylonjetsfan

nylonjetsfan New Member

i dont want to give up a second and third for abraham. we have too many holes to fill. we need a safety in the worst way even if we sign milloy. i would also like to get some first day talent on the oline.

i would rather just draft a de on day 2 than make this trade and pay abraham. this is the peerless price trade all over again.

11. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I dont think to many people would say no to that, but I also do not think Seattle is offering that up, we can dream though.

12. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Did Abe overestimate his value or are the Atlanta Hucksters just trying to take advantage of a new inexperienced FO??

I say no 1st rounder no Abe. Screw them.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

you think youre gettin a 1st 2nd and 3rd?????c'mon dude....never happen

14. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Lest we forget in all this, why are they protecting schaub so much???? Is vick's time running out?

15. lightning

lightning Active Member

because when you have a Qb who can't stay healthy you need a good backup

16. Tight

Tight Active Member

Please tell me your kidding? Why in the hell would we need a safety, and not only that . Lawyer Milloy !!!

17. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

Abe has played in 3 pro bowls. Shaub has started 2 games, and is a back up. I think Atlanta needs a reality check

18. lightning

lightning Active Member

because he's a falcons fan?

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

not a bad idea, if abe lowers his price. otherwise, atlanta will pass. can't blame them.:wink:

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ATL wants to play hardball??? they can go piss up a flagpole....or something really mean about them that i cant exactly say right now!!!