$100mil cure?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

None of it matters if Darnold,does not get his act together, Watching highlights from the Paxton Lynchs, Mark Sanchezs,Brady Quinns of the world. They all seem do make the throws that sam misses . I am not impressed at all with Sam. 100 million in cap will not help him

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lon Chaney says bite by Wolf at Full Moon>>>>>>>>Wolfman next night

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

For once in my life I'd like to see the Jets field the best team in the league. Period.

Most talented, best record, home field throughout the playoffs none of this having to worry about who's the #1 seed or trying to sneak into the playoffs in week 17.

The Jets have had excellent teams but never the best team which is why they get beat in the playoffs on the road a bad break here a bad break there their season us over.

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Aside of Rex’ teams getting hot in the playoffs, we haven’t had a team like that since 98’.

Been a looooooooong time.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I've got a $3 cure, I can fix this team in a few minutes
    [​IMG]
    It can fix anything

FJF and David-The-Meats-Harris like this.
  6. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Lol well played

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Even in 1998 that wasn't the case because Denver was the defending SB champion that year and they made a serious run at a undefeated season/got the #1 seed.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Is it not clear now, spending money on defense is dumb?

Look at LA. Fucking fantasy team on D and can’t stop KC.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In general, I agree with that sentiment looking at the talent we already have on defense and the lack of talent on offense. That said, relatively speaking, there isn't going to be as much in the way of offensive talent available in FA as there will be of defensive talent. There will be good edge rushers available in FA and we'd be dumb not to sign one, maybe 2. We could lose or choose not to re-sign Claiborne. With as poor as Johnson has played, it wouldn't hurt to sign a CB and maybe another LB to strengthen our middle.

Take a look at what might be available offensively in FA. At WR Donte Moncrief and Tyrell Williams are the only 2 that I think could make a big difference unless Golden Tate is available, and I think he may have signed a 2-year deal with the team to which he was traded. At TE there are a bunch of older, overpaid TEs and a bunch of younger guys of whom I've never heard. We could possibly sign a new LG (Cann, Pamphile, Spain, Sirles) or C (Paradis, Morse) but the odds are against any of those guys making it to FA. At RB, unless you want to pay a ton of money to Le'Veon Bell, or sign Frank Gore or Adrian Peterson, then Tevin Coleman or TJ Yeldon is about as good as it gets.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree this FA class is top heavy with a severe drop off.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

100 million dollar cure is an interesting thread title. At some point, Hospice should be considered.

nyjetsmets89 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

If the Johnsons keep Mac for another season or 2 it will set the franchise back 5 years winning wise. The reason the team doesn’t win is we have absolutely no talent. This is the direct result of Mac and Bowles talent evaluators and philosophy. The 100 million will buy 3-5 players. We just need 18 more. At least the team will make the Johnson’s money and still rise in value no matter what. Sad times indeed. This run will make the 70’s look like good times

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Everything can be fixed with duct tape or wd40. If it moves and and it’s not supposed to tape it. If it don’t move and it’s supposed to,wd40

The Waterboy likes this.
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Relying on Mike McPuke to rebuild the jets is like relying on the Todd Bowles to manage the clock/make a halftime adjustment. McIdiot has already HAD 4 free agency periods and 4 drafts and the jets are NOW worse than ever!!!!. The dumb shit GM has no clue a team even NEEDS an offensive line on the field, and when McNuts has free agent money he gives huge foolish extensions to revis, fitzpatrick and mowilk, or he throws $72 M at Trumaine toast. The lucky sperm bros. will likely keep MacPuke thru his latest 2 year extension-, and after which (after the 2020 season) will wish they had fired him and Todd Toilet Bowl after the 2018 season. What a idiot we have for coach and GM and owners. I read a recent article that the jets are the laughing stock of the league for 2018, and will likely finish with a very high pick. I think I've seen this movie. Get a new GM to invest that money and a new coach--These two nitwits have done squat in four years!!

Jets1035 likes this.
  15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Free agency could help, but of greater help would be a GM that did not have his head up his butt every year at the draft! Since the jets will have a top 5 pick in 2019, they should make a trade like Indy last year or like the trades Parcells made in 1997 moving down and getting several picks. Mike McIidiot is NOT the kind of GM who can turn an high pick into several decent picks. He will probably draft a DB in round 1 in 2019. In 2017, he only drafted FOUR of them (DBs) , plus THREE receivers and ZERO OL and DL (in one draft). During the 2017 draft, McIdiot was on ESPN crowing on and on about "that receiver from California" he just selected in round 4, but he had apparently already forgotten his name (Chad Hansen). Mike ("what's an offensive line?") McNitwit thinks the game is apparently only played outside the numbers, so he'll probably load up on more DBs and receivers again. Dumb dip.

Jets1035 likes this.