10 Worst Losses of the Decade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Dec 31, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Why aren't the two AFC Championship game losses listed here? C'mon now, the Miami "tarp" game was against a team we had beaten twice already that year, and that Denver game, up 10-0 totally outplaying Denver but just not cashing in enough points. Winning in Denver meant we get our second Super Bowl win. Not sure how we would have fared against Washington in that Super Bowl (Probably not very well. They were a good team) but winning these two winnable title games means we're a franchise with three Super Bowl appearances - not too shabby. Our reputation would be totally different. They belong on the list.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

It's for the decade, not all-time.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i was about to cry after that loss to the steelers...Fuck you Herm and double fuck you Doug Brien

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I don't blame Herm at all for that loss. Sure, we could have tried to get better field position for the kick, but it was Doug Brien who missed THAT FUCKN' KICK TWICE. TWO FUCKN TIMES. ARE YOU FUCKN KIDDING ME?! !@#!@#!!!!

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We beagn the deacde by losing a HOF Coach then watching another HOF Copach step down before he had the chance to coach a game here. We ended the deacde w/ a ton of increcible gifts seeing every team we needed to lose actually lose and watching the Colts give up. Hopefully that good fortune is a sign of things to come thise decade.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The loss absolutely falls on Herm. A 40+ yard field goal attempt is never automatic for any kicker. Moving backwards to kill a few seconds off the clock is inexcusable in that situation. Brien should have made the kick the first time around but that second miss was on Herm.

8. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

With so mant miserable memories to recall, I don't think last year's Miami game should be top ten. By the time that game was played anyone who had followed the jets through the years knew the season was over. That Denver game on the other hand was hard.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This is actually a very good (bad) choice. this was the game where the tide turned irrevocably to the forces of evil

10. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I'm on board with this.

11. alwaysbeenajetsfan

alwaysbeenajetsfan New Member

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That and the 2001 home Buffalo game which is on the list are very underrated. You can even throw in the win early that year when Mo Lewis knocked out Bledsoe to give Brady his chance. If we win either the NE or Buffalo home games, that infamous Saturday night snow game in Foxboro was our home game, New England would have had to travel to Oakland the week before instead of us and probably would have gotten beat, considering they were rightfully beaten at home. The whole course of this decade could have been different.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Jesus that was such a forgotten piece of Jets history. I have tried to block all the New England success* out of mind.

Hard to argue with any of those games although I don't know if the Atlanta loss this year was that bad of a loss especially if we make the playoffs. The Miami loss last year was bad but not top 10 bad.

For me one that should be on there but isn't is

November 22nd , 2007 @ Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day.

That team sucked but I waited 25 years to watch the Jets play on Thanksgiving Day and they didn't even get off the plane in Dallas. Hell I don't even think they got on the plane in New York. It was my son's 1st game (he was 1 day old) and I just remember thinking "wonderful he's now cursed too" . I think the Seahawks game is clearly top 3 material and that Oakland playoff loss was brutaland should be higher because we all learned that night in Oakland that Chad Pennington was not "the next Joe Montana".

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Herm elected to take a knee TWICE before the last FG attempt, not once. I hate him.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Me too. BIG TIME. :mad:

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ugh. I forgot about that.

!@#*!(@&#(*&!@*#!@*(&#*(!@&!!!!