10-6 is about right

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Revis Now Redux, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

Not sure if anyone on this board expected us to be better than 10-6 this season.

11-5 if we overachieved but 9-7/10-6 was the best we could do with this roster and i think this season was still a success despite not making the playoffs.

Restock the LB position and i think we would've had a 12-4 year. Most of our games we lost was due to our horrible LB core giving up big plays downfield and their lack of speed on the outside.

Future is bright for us though.

2. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Agree wholeheartedly. I can't be too disappointed, with a bright future ahead...

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We had nearly as weak a schedule as humanly possible.

12-4 was realistic as hell but we lost to Buffalo twice, Oakland, and fucking Philadelphia. We lost those four games due to shitty coaching.

4. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Record doesn't matter. You make the playoffs or you don't.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It hurts because we controlled our fate. Win and in. But in football this is how life goes.

We had a solid team and injuries were not a big part. We had career years with guys on offense and we fell short.

It hurts alot, even if its fucking Rexy's Bills...It just hurts we had the ball and should have scored the touchdown there but we threw a INT.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

All of our top players Revis Marshall and even Shitspatrick are all getting up there in age.Not to mention D Brick and Mangold getting up there.The time to make a run was now not years from now

7. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I thought we were a 10-6 team before the season began, but this is an excruciatingly devastating loss.

At the end of the day, we were a solid team, but also a terrible road team. For whatever reason, this team just couldn't travel and we saw that again today.

Hopefully, Bowles and company can figure it out and we look to 2016.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Personally coming out of the pre-season I expected the Jets to be around 8-8 but didn't account for how soft the schedule would turn out to be. 10-6 is a good sign really, if they'd been 8-8 on a schedule that turned out to be as soft as it was would have been a disaster.

That said, a few key parts and the team will be set.

They will need to find a franchise QB at some point, but Fitz can hold the ship for a couple years (assuming he resigns with the Jets).
    A lot depends on what Free agents they'll be able to keep, that big contract to Revis may interfere with Keeping Big Mo.
    And yes, the Jets need to add speed at LB, especially on the outside.

onefanjet likes this.
  9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If this was not our year, this team save a ton of cap money to reload for next year.

Mo gambled and lost ending the season with a broken leg.

Our starting QB and savior threw three picks in the game that knocked us out of the playoffs.

Perhaps we can keep these guys and add a Mario Williams or an Eric Weddle to make our defense into the brick wall it was supposed to be.

We have come a long way from the 4-12 squad led by Geno Smith last year but our free agents needed to eat some humble pie if we were going to cobble together a Superbowl winning roster.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The record could be an aberration though. Marshall and Revis are one year older now and will slow down at some point, very few injuries all year, Bowles is a fraud of a coach, a low first round pick now, a special teams coach who is clueless, and a second place schedule. People can act like sun shiners all they want but this team can easily be poised to take a major step back next year if things don't fall their way.

11. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Obviously its upsetting that we lost. When you have a shot at getting into the playoffs, you need to capitalize.

However, the season is a win. 4-12 to 10-6. Solid Coach, Solid GM the future is bright

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

actually if I knew 100% that the Jets weren't going to make the playoffs in a given season I'd prefer to be 0-16 than have the 20th pick in the draft....that said you don't know you won't be in the offseason at the end....
    And if I could see in to the future like that I wouldn't waste it on football, I'd spend my time buying lotto tickets and winning every drawing ;).