#1 pick MUST be RB or QB!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Mar 5, 2006.

1. nohope

nohope New Member

You fool...we're not going to draft a qb in the 1st...we just negotiated with chad. Draft d'brickashae ferguson...and like lendale white...there's plenty of good runningback

2. Infinite125

Infinite125 New Member

I would like us to draft a qb with the 4th pick because chad is still too much of a question mark and since we arent sure about him and dont really have a qb for the future I think we have to take a qb especially since its not every year we have the 4th pick and its not every year there a 3 qbs as good as leinart, cutler, and vince

3. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

I don't care who we draft. Young, Cutler, Ferguson, Hawk, M. Williams, D. Williams... They will all improve this team dramatically. I would prefer Young though.

4. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Ya but then again what happens if Pennigton comes back just fine then you just wasted your 1st round pick that is why you pick a OL in the first who will most deffintly be put to use, and you draft a QB in the 3rd round so if Pennigton does do bad you have a backup but if he does good its not as bad a wasted pick.

5. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

They should draft a QB! Personally, I think a QB position is tied directly to success or failure of a team.........

Peace out.

6. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

Draft D'Brick we need O line and he is the best Tackle prospect out there in my opinion. A great player will always help out your football team. RB we can platoon Martin and Houston its not necessary to go RB with the first pick. As for QB I think there is better value in the 4th for like a clemons or a basenez, but again thats my opinion. I would not draft cutler.

7. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

It stands to reason, but the Jets draft will take shape based on what they can get for JAbe. And I also assume they will pick up T Kevin Shaffer in FA.

If they can swing JAbe for Schaub and a 2nd or 3rd, then I think they will go with Mario Williams @ #4 in the Rd. 1. Having re-signed Kendall, they pick up a Center in the 2nd Rd. (Mangold).

If they can swing a low 1st Rd. pick for JAbe, then I think they're going to go for Cutler @ 4, maybe DT Gabe Watson/C Nick Mangold at the end of Rd. 1, and then a CB/LB/WR in the 2nd Rd.

If they can somehow land Detroit's #9 for JAbe and a 3rd Rd., then I think they take Cutler @ 4 and then use the #9 to trade down to recoup the 3rd Rd. and gain additional picks to fill holes at CB/LB/WR. I know they won't want to/can't afford to pay signing bonuses for two top 10 picks.

#27 Mickey Shuler 82, Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Unless he can play RT and be just as good, it's a waste of a pick.

9. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

How is it a waste of a pick, we could move Adrian Jones to RT or LG...

10. RobA

Did you watch the early games this year? Adrian Jones cannot play RT. He is better suited at LT and is doing a fine job. Lets draft someone that could actually make an impact. You shouldn't waste a top 5 pick on the OL anyway.

11. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

You do use a pick on the OL if its your teams biggest need, as it is with the Jets.. and if he is so bad at RT, what about LG?

12. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

Hey I wouldn't mind having and Elite LT in D'Brick

13. NewEra06

NewEra06 New Member

D'Brick is for real. The kid flat out dominates. I dont care if A Jones is better at LT. If you have a chance of taking a guy like Brick you do it. We can try moving A Jones to LG.

14. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

i just hope they take the BPA, if they draft for need, i hope they trade down to the point where the BPA is the one they need

15. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

I think best player avaliable and need go hand in hand this time at #4 with D'Brick. A win win

16. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

i dont understand how you can say LT is a need when jones did fine there. that's not the biggest need. and ferguson doesn't dominate. he showed that he doesnt last season. a dramatic drop in his play and he's still expected to go in the top 5?? doesnt make sense to me.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

There are tons of good free agent RBs around and you can get a very very good RB in the second or third round. Taking a RB with the 4th pick would be a waste. No matter how good he is, how is he going to get anything done with no OL.

ake a QB or a OL in the first round, or trade down a few and get the best CB on the board and a RB.

18. RobA

Exactly (filler)

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Well at least we don't have to worry about trading down and drafting a kicker.

20. njjet

njjet Member

HERE WE GO AGAIN......

Take someone at #4 pay big BUCKS for an unproven player.

Take a look at the past drafts and just see how many busts there are in the top 10 picks over the years. If your scouting department does its job you can get big athletic guys in the second, third and fourth rounds that can build a contender without braking the bank. We need to start thinking smartly and not paying BIG BUCKS FOR UNPROVEN PLAYERS.

LET THE SCOUTING DEPARTMENT DO THEIR HOMEWORK.

TRADE DOWN!!!!!! TRADE DOWN!!!!!!