1 of the BEST Revis Discussion threads ever.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

They're not excuses, it's the truth. Watch the game film - Revis wasn't even in position to defend Ginn as he was expecting help over the top from Rhodes. As for the Moss TD, he was legitimately injured and still at half strength.

Learn the game of football, idiot.

2. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

chill out bro theres really no need for insults

I understand why the OP made the thread, from watching Moore, he thrives on a jumpball situation.

It should be noted however Revis defends the jumpball with sound technique.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyImK4qfyss[/url][/YOUTUBE]

#62 IWillPeeGreen, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

You're an idiot. You should try not to talk.

4. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Campbell deciding to challenge Revis in a jump ball situation is probably the best case scenario for our defense.

[youtube]gRTToHdQt28[/youtube]
    [youtube]3lM_o8RFSKo[/youtube]

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Mark Sanchez COULD have a better season than Tom Brady. I mean, one guy is the best in the league and the other is a young upstart who has shown success.

Do you realize how fucking stupid your argument is? I can grab a tall crackhead off of the street and say he could win a jump ball on Revis. I don't even understand what your point is.

Come back when Moore has 10 catches for 120 yards on Revis come Sunday. I'll be here when he has 1 catch for 8 yards. I'm sure that 8 yarder will be a jump ball catch too so you can come back and prove to us how you were right.

6. Jam.

Jam. Banned

:rofl::drunk::metal::wink::up:

7. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

HAHAH.
    wait.
    HAHAHAHA

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The people on there who pride on their knowledge is hilarious. The two dudes rolling with The Godfather avatars are blowing each with their responses about Revis.

Always this happens...Notice that the Raiders are not being stupid enough directly to act like a Jason Hill...They also know they have a retarded franchise with some looney fans

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

And that is all 6'5 of V jax and a great player in Boldin... But all 6 foot of Moore can do what one of the best jump ball players in the game couldnt. Cant wait to see Revis bitch all of their recievers at the line and then rip the ball out of moore's hands

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Raiders fans are still mad.

[​IMG]

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

[​IMG]

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Lets throw some jump balls up for Cromartie too.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You are wrong. It is certainly not delusional. It would be delusional if I wrote that Mike Brim or Ray Mickens or Dwight Lowery were on Sanders' level.

Mike Haynes, Rod Woodson, Sanders and Revis are the four best cornerbacks I've seen play. I happen to believe that Revis is operating on the same level as those three guys when they were in their primes. Also, I should note that it is probably more difficult to play the cornerback position in 2011 than it ever had been in the past.

Also, can you provide a source for those Sanders numbers?

14. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

dude i'm sorry, but you come on here trolling about how our best player is overrated and use specious reasoning to defend that claim... you're the one who clearly instigated things with the other posters here.

15. jve

jve New Member

Did you not bother to read another example? Watch....

Let's say Texans fans think that Andre Johnson is the best WR of all time. They're overrating him. He's probably the best receiver in the game today, but he's certainly NOT the best of all time.

I don't get why people can't understand how pretty much anyone can be overrated unless you are almost unanimously considered the best (i.e. Jerry Rice, Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps, etc). The NY media/ESPN claim he's without a doubt the best CB in the game and a LOT of Jets fans (including one last page) say he is better than Primetime. That's overrating. You go on a neutral board with people who actually do watch the games as opposed to giving viewers info that will boost their ratings, hits, etc, then you see a MUCH more realistic view.

I do understand why people see overrated and automatically think it's bad. It's not. Like the example above, you can be the best in the league and still be overrated. I've seen him be called a HoF lock already, MUCH better than Aso, better than Primetime, and a top three defensive player (pretty much all of this by Jets fans of course). That is overrating a player. Doesn't mean he isn't elite.

16. jve

jve New Member

They are excuses. Revis allowed the touchdown, plain and simple. It was on him. Cry about Rhodes all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Revis allowed it.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the coaches office like yourself, so I am unable to obtain said game film.

17. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Yeah, seriously. That's an incredibly hefty claim right there, he better have evidence to back that up.

18. jve

jve New Member

So, you say that playing CB nowadays is tougher, but you completely avoid Asomugha in your top 4 despite him being the best cornerback of the last half-decade? The man has allowed a shade over 600 yards and 1 touchdown in the last 4 fours years. Just proof you have never seen him play.

They are from STATS LLC

In his prime, Deion's shutdown numbers were incredible. Nobody else has come close to what he did

STATS LLC started tracking what cornerbacks allowed back in 1995, which means they didn't track that kind of stuff for the first half of Deion's prime. But here's what they have Deion allowing from 1995 to 1998 --

1995 -- 16-for-47, 158 yards, 0 TD (9 games)
    1996 -- 22-for-46, 225 yards, 0 TD (16 games)
    1997 -- 12-for-39, 159 yards, 0 TD (13 games)
    1998 -- 20-for-42, 198 yards, 0 TD (11 games)

Pretty sure you need to pay...but it's from this topic...

footballsfuture/com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10300744[replace that slash]

19. jve

jve New Member

Actually no, Sanchez couldn't unless Brady became a paraplegic. Not sure how comparing an average at best QB to one of the greatest ever through a whole season is relevant to a guy winning one jumpball against a CB.

20. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

One could only hope. :grin: