POLL: Who is Responsible for Darnold Not Being Signed?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, Jul 27, 2018.

?

Who is Responsible for Darnold Not Being Signed?

1. Darnold and his agent, etc.

56.3%
  2. The Jets and their management

8.0%
  3. Both sides share the responsibility

17.2%
  4. Stokes

13.8%
  5. Brook

8.0%
  6. It doesn't matter much it will be done with over the weekend

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Offset language is always cited as reason for rookie contract disputes but other language is often the case. Deferral of signing bonus payment is often included (Reason Bosa held out) as are clauses that make the contract voidable.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

FYP

FJF likes this.
  3. The Waterboy

So make his 4th year salary vet minimum with the rest made up by a roster bonus, That way the team can give in on the offset issue but would only be about $800K on the line.

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's even worse for Darnold. The $4.5 million is guaranteed, your scenario cost him $3.3 million.

5. The Waterboy

$3.7M but who's counting? There is a very high probability it costs him much less since if he does get cut before the end of the rookie contract I don't think he is getting another contract for $3M+ a year. If he gets cut that means he was playing monumentally bad and likely gets a vet minimum contract if anything.. If he doesn't get cut then he loses nothing.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Should've been an option for the poll.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

8. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

If this video is true, it puts some more of the blame on the agents though as many have already said, in the end Darnold has the power to just end it...not sure if I am posting correctly but it is Mike Garafolo at NFL.com saying Darnold told his agents to just get it done, they told him to let them handle it, and he is deferring to them. Sorry if this was already posted.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-train...-wants-deal-done-wants-to-be-at-training-camp

Should have refreshed, just saw this was posted in the other thread between the time I started typing this, got distracted by a shiny object, and made it back to post.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Trojan Parade, lol, is that where the Church & Dwight Company advertise and celebrate their newest newfangled condoms? Come to think of it, it always baffled me why they don't have a float for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. It's TrojanPride, and he is a she. She's been a welcome addition to the board, although she hasn't chimed in about the contract kerfuffle. Trojan Parade, haha, I guess that was your Cookie Puss moment. ; )

EDIT & P.S.: To anyone rightfully confused by that last sentence, I can explain if anyone wants me to. It's worth it. Ralebird knows what I meant. If he read the original reference point, that is.

EDIT & P.P.S: Sigh. I'm always behind the 8-ball. Brook! has already pointed this out . . . but the not the Cookie Puss part.

#49 jetophile, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  10. jetophile

Haha, you suck. Between matt posting Roger Vick and then Keith Byars in the NFL Countdown thread, I'm officially traumatized. Liked for the Word Play and the wit.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand that perspective, but they just had a high profile QB bust in Hack, and they potentially have an ace in the hole with Teddy. There's no reason for Darnold not to sign the contract the Jets offered if he believes in himself. Other than greed, there's no reason to demand a contract without the offsets when no other player has it. Who does he think he is? He's only hurting himself and the team by missing TC.

NYJetsO12, Leicester Jet and LAJet like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I disagree with your first sentence. Darnold is the one causing the problem, not Mac. He's wanting something no other player has and is just being greedy. If he's confident in himself, he shouldn't even be thinking about the possibility of getting cut or traded.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I disagree that Mac has more to lose than Darnold, my friend. Mac and the Jets still have two very capable QBs in camp. Darnold is only hurting himself, his chances of starting early, and of being a team leader by holding out over something so trivial. If he believes in himself, then getting cut shouldn't even be on his radar screen, but even if so, why does he think he should be entitled to get paid by two teams? That's just sheer greed. If that's how he's gonna be, he can fuck himself right now as far as I'm concerned. I never wanted him in the first place.

I agree with your last sentence and that MM is right on principle.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Darnold is going to say fuck it and show up. He knows his agent is being unreasonable.

As far as public perception goes, the best thing that can happen is that he fires his agent and comes to camp.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with you more.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually, the Trojan has brought out everything here in support of her boy except the marching band so I kind of think Trojan Parade is more fitting. Sometimes a baby is ugly and the consensus here is telling us he is the one, where's the commentary?

But you do have me stumped with Cookie Puss. How does Tom Carvel fit in here?

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Playing the what if game, that shithead Sexton is poison to us. In the future we should black ball this greedy prick if at all possible.Had we told him and Fitz to take a long freaking walk 2 years ago, we would have been $16M richer, probably in a better draft position the subsequent year, and in all likelihood taken Sam with the first pick this year as well, without having to give up 2 second round picks. Damned, and we would still be in position to tell him to fuck-off again. LOL, this too will be history soon

NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  18. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Rappaport says this is not about offsets nor bonus allocation, it's about contract language related to voids. Much like when Manziel was cut and his remaining guaranteed money was voided. Apparently Darnold is worried he will be the next Manziel. Fuckin great

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and LAJet like this.
  19. jetophile

Do I really have to link the post! I can barely figure out how to not get ripped off on toilet paper in the Supermarket! Toilet paper! Two ply vs. how much and how many sheets and how many yards! What do I look like! Heisenberg and uncertainty! I just want to wipe my butt! So them liberals! I'm sure you were too busy giving away all of your very own personal stuff on your front lawn to the populace because everyone deserves a free TV! I bet that TV cost you a bundle but no way you said hands off that's mine and I paid for it! Next thing I know, you'll join a drum circle!

http://forums.theganggreen.com/thre...ad-whoever-that-was.90712/page-2#post-3707508

If anyone can please tell me how to direct link a post, I will kiss the ground! I think it happened once by accident! Then again, being old and stupid has its benefits! Go Jets!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This stuff on whether a guarantee is a guarantee and a void a void should have been figured out weeks ago

It's like Mac and Sexton that slob just started to read their own contract lol...and it's not like the first contract either has put together..smh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.