This is Saleh’s fault

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrooklynJetsFan, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I need ZW supporters to talk me off the ledge.

I want to like him, I've tried to like him, but, he makes it so damn hard.

He's still young.

dmw likes this.
  2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I can't defend him. He makes the easy plays look difficult

Jojo, MoWilkBeast and Savatage like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Saleh is actually proving to be a pretty good coach. The Jets shouldn’t be in a lot of these games given the quarterback production they’re getting.

I say that after being down on the hiring and him for over a year. I don’t think he has any control over how Wilson is being handled.

Jojo, Brook!, MoWilkBeast and 5 others like this.
  4. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Yeah, I heard it. Not sure he can stick with that

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Zack Wilson said in the post game that the Pats weren't throwing down field either. He doesn't get it. Yes it was windy. You don't have to throw down field all the time to win games, he was way off on many short, simple throws. There was some drops by the receivers but this loss is mostly on Wilson's inability to make the throws and slow the game down. He seemed lost out there.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Gross. Mac Jones had 4 incompletions and threw for 170 more yards. Mac Jones also sucks and played against the better defense.

Jets81, Jets79, Brook! and 7 others like this.
  7. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Saleh said after the game, he was not supposed to kick the ball to the middle of the field in that situation. as a HC you need to personally go the punter to tell him that. he did not.

Jojo likes this.
  8. NYsportsfan1962

We all agree we didn't expect the Jets to be where they are right now. But we have shown to have a top 3 defense in the league and good enough to make the playoffs and possibly win a game or two. However, the coaches and probably JD it seems would rather go down with the ship then admit their prize boy needs to sit. I can almost guarantee you there will be dissension in this locker room if it continues. The boys on this team realize how good they are and you can already see the frustration with the receivers. Zach is late on his throws, inaccurate and doesn't see the field well. Any of those are reasons are killers and he has all three. Saleh and JD better realize that soon or they will lose the locker room. Been watching this team for almost 60 years and very frustrated.

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Shades of the Giants punting it to Jackson on the Eagles a handful of years back at the end of the game. Middle of the field, Jackson dropped it, ran back to pick it up, then scored. Coughlin tore into the punter on the field

10. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I don’t think Saleh ever wanted Zach to be the starter or at least for this season. I always felt he preferred Flacco. But mgmt probably wanted Zach as the starter. I think Saleh will pull the plug on Zach after next week.

11. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I don’t think you’re right. I think he and JD are more patient than the average fan. It paid of for the defense, which was terrible last year, so they figure they need to wait a little longer for this kid to figure it out. The issue is, that with all the new weapons he still hasn’t flashed much. Breece hall was the only way we had a shot to make a deep run.

NYJetsO12 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This. Agree completely. Saleh should have shown some Balls and bench Wilson at the end of the third quarter.

mr nyjet and JetFanInNE like this.
  13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I like Saleh. His biggest issue and test is how he handles Zach. And it's a tough test. How much leash do you give him balancing that this is a win-now team with this QB was the 2nd overall pick last year and is just 20 games into his career?
    And now his lack of personal accountability absolutely reeks and could really cause some problems. He does not sound like a leader and that's a big deal.

It's fine if Saleh supports his QB publicly. But being closed doors he needs to have a firm grasp of this situation and ensure Zach is getting all the constructive criticism he needs and not being coddled

He needs to make sure Zach's poor play and lack of accountability doesn't derail this team

#33 JetFanInPA, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    HomeoftheJets, JetFanInNE and Acad23 like this.
  14. Get me the Damn Ball

I like Saleh a lot. I think Wilson starting was a mgmt decision. If Saleh had his way, he would’ve started Flacco and let Wilson sit and learn. But Mgmt probably wants to know if Wilson is the guy. Nobody would’ve anticipated the Jets being this good.

#34 Get me the Damn Ball, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    Jojo and MoWilkBeast like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Do we belong in the Playoffs at this point in time ?? Half the team does

But as far as scoring goes we are not on the level of a San Diego or KC ..Zach couldn't play an Ivy or Patriot League game and win ..there are better QBs at Fordham and Holy Cross

On SNFootball I am watching Mahomes and Justin Herbert throwing lasers and I am absolutely sick

Vahncase and mr nyjet like this.
  16. Get me the Damn Ball

He’s 4-2 as a starter

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It’s Saleh’s fault the offense had less than 10 total yards in the 2H because the quarterback is fucking lost?

Saleh’s defense was the only reason this game even came down to that punt.

I can guarantee you they didn’t want to punt it to the MIDDLE of the field there. They were kicking into the wind man.

This game falls on the shoulders of one person and one person only; his name is Zach Wilson.

Jets OG fan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  18. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Literally every dropback and throw by Herbert looks better than the best play of Zach’s career. It’s like watching a first round talent vs an undrafted talent.

NYJetsO12 and mr nyjet like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

But more than a few thought Zach was capable of being this bad...

p.s. I was not one of them

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing that has me really pissed off is that this is a game the Jets did not have to lose. In fact it is a game the Jets had to work very hard to lose.

Learning things from losses is inevitable but losing games you don't have to lose is never a teaching moment.

The person who really needs to take a lesson away from this game is Robert Saleh. The lesson is that unforced losses are unacceptable and you only have a few of those in your binder before you become unacceptable to the fans and to your players.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.