The Ukrainian situation

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Feb 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Some things don't age well... :confused:

[​IMG]

#481 Acad23, Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Biden needs to be harder on Putin. He should make believe he's Corn Pop. Let him really have it.

#482 bicketybam, Feb 25, 2022
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Don’t shoot the messenger or the source as it primarily comes from a professor. Again, I hope this is true, but some of this information could just be to keep the morale up.

I don’t completely doubt that the Russian army might be getting killed at a decently high rate against guerrilla style forces mixed in with real military forces.

4. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Psaki tells the press they are trying to get OPEC to increase production to lower prices, and at the same time we are told lowering production and shutting down the pipeline has no negative impact on prices. Cant make this crap up

REVISion likes this.
  5. DetroitRed

We could literally cripple this dude if we went back to the XL pipeline. Relief to our people and put an end to this war. But these people have to be evil. What other explanation?

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

That’s really ridiculous. What did trump do for Biden? And again, if he was such a stooge , why did t he carry out his goals while his stooge was here to do nothing about it?
    I’m not sure where you get the trailer park idiots thing from. Where I am , the trump flags were flying in the most prominent neighborhoods.
    I can understand anyone having reasons for not liking trump, Biden, or anyone else. I just dont understand why it always has to take a detour down irrational avenue

#486 typeOnegative13NY, Feb 25, 2022
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Well that’s not true. It’s true that in the long run the pipeline was the right move to expedite moving oil throughout the country but the restarting of it’s construction does not do anything in the short term to hurt Russia.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Aren't we buying oil from Russia right now?

never mind... looked it up.

I'm buying a Tesla... :confused:

#488 Acad23, Feb 25, 2022
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Purely from a military standpoint, the Russian military isn't looking very good. For all their macho campaign ads, they're having a surprisingly tough time with the Ukrainians. In no way shape or form should the US go to war with Russia, but if the last couple days are indicative of the Russian military's strength, our soldiers would wipe the floor with theirs.

10. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Chinese

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Very good points, I think we would too

papapump likes this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

Seems they have spent decades building military strength they can’t dare use

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s not irrational it was correct.

I made 3 claims, trump was Putin’s preferred candidate, trailer park Americans lined up to vote for trump, and when things changed (trump lost) Putin’s strategies changed. Are any of those incorrect? No.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. typeOnegative13NY

I’m still not understanding why trump was putins preferred candidate, what he got from trump being president, and why he didn’t invade Ukraine while his preferred candidate was in office. If Russia being happy with trump means they don’t invade other countries..:: yeah, I’m still not getting it.

REVISion, jago and DetroitRed like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Well I agree to an extent but in a military to military battle in a vacuum I don’t think Putin would be wrong to calculate a pretty swift and easy victory. What he miscalculated badly was thinking that the cities would be baron and he’d end up on a military to military battle.

Citizens have stayed behind and voluntarily not only taken up arms but joined the military. Urban guerrilla warfare never works in the favor of the invaders especially with non uniformed civilians willing to die for their freedom with God behind them (Ukrainians are deeply religious people).

What also works against him is that he hedged the majority of his offensive plan on taking the capital and chopping the head off the government with the idea that the entire country would fold. This second miscalculation is particularly egregious because western Ukrainian has a lot more rural lands flooded with military bases and assets for reinforcement.

The last miscalculation is the set of iron stones on Zelenskyy. There are limited scenarios, even in a Ukrainian victory, that the guy with the balls of steel survives. He very easily could’ve retreated west and the guys taking up arms in the targeted capital. Talk about guts.

In closing, Putin should’ve either watched the first trilogy of Star Wars or studied the American Revolution (or most revolutions). Fucking nitwit.

REVISion, Cman68, papapump and 2 others like this.
  16. typeOnegative13NY

Don’t know the validity of this , as it’s from the social medias, but …..

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mute likes this.
  17. DetroitRed

Its reverse sideways upside down psychology. You know, the extra sneaky deaky sinister freaky kind

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Asymetrical Warfare always favors the insurgents. I would bleed the Russians everyday until the amount of coffins headed north exceeds the amount of tanks headed south. I would make the Ukraine the most dangerous place 0n earth for the Russians and their sympathizers.

BrowningNagle and papapump like this.
  19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Russia claimed that they suppressed Ukrainian air defenses in the first few hours, which appears to be false. It also looks like he underestimated how many people were actually going to fight. These citizen "territorial defense forces" are a mess and many of those people look like they've seen real guns only in movies but they are eager to fight. IMO, it's even scarier if Putin fails in the Ukraine. We all know what's gonna happen if Russia takes over Kiev and overthrows Zelensky. But what's gonna happen if they fail? I am fairly certain that Putin won't just accept defeat. What's he gonna do then?

20. typeOnegative13NY

It’s insane. It works both ways too. My wife’s sister has turned into a nut from the other side. The other day my wife gets a text asking if she knew that Fauci was mother Theresa’s illegitimate child. Wtf is going on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.