17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

corporate america. they couldnt care less unless there is a bonus or a commission involved.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This thread! Glad I checked back in today. It was just about dead and buried as it neared 1000. I feel like I’ve been away on a long trip and just got home to turn the lights on. I was an early contributor. While MetLife was being built i actually contacted the architects and grilled them on the what seemed to be a shitty escalator setup and to ask about the elevators. I could tell it was shit-show waiting to happen. Royal Tee, I could not agree more with your complaints about today’s game day experience. From ‘79 to ‘14 I was not only there, but was a guy with a radio so I could get as much game info as possible. People seated in my section stood up to turn around towards me knowing I’d be getting injury info or penalty explanations from Spencer Ross, Dave Jennings or Marty Lyons. I enjoyed tailgating, but I loved the live experience of being in the crowd. That was why I went. Not now. Maybe it began when the radio broadcast signal started being delayed, so my radio was infuriating rather than helpful. Stopped bringing it. Without the radio my attention between plays went to the annoyances you’ve accurately described. It’s sad. It’s not worth the price of admission, that’s for sure. When you come to realize the on field product is for the TV audience and not the dopes paying big money to be there, it grates on you. Then they build this thing they’re so proud of, and you quickly realize you are the ones paying for it. Worse seats, harder to get upstairs, far more expensive. No thanks.

alleycat9, Brook!, CBG and 1 other person like this.
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Just start winning, play some playoff games at home and the stadium will be irrelevant. I am sick of the losing and being left out of the playoffs year after year. I don't care how much the place sucks, I am sick of how much this team sucks to watch and follow. Its the only thing that can change.

4. snoballz

snoballz Member

Yeah, even an Apple TV show, "Ted Lasso" lampooned the NY Jets for being a bad team. My 12 y/o son is a NY Jets fan because I have been a lifelong fan but he doesn't expect much from the team because as he puts it... "the Jets suck".

Brook! likes this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I know I saw that episode last week. It will end, remember that was taped months ago. We won’t be the butt of someone’s jokes much longer. I am hoping the Giants become us. There close

6. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Still waiting on my paper tickets. Game is on Friday. Lets see how this plays out

7. snoballz

snoballz Member

The Jets went paperless in 2019. You'll need to scan tickets via Jets app. The Jets did ship parking passes along with the Yearbook. The parking passes are also in the app as well.

8. eddie sec 126

Had paper tickets in 2019. Told the jets i want paper again. Representative claims they will get here before Friday.

9. eddie sec 126

Tickets arrived today. Less than 24 hours after I berated them

Brook! likes this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

What do the paper tickets look like these days? Must be incredibly plain. In the old days it was so much fun anticipating what the tickets would look like, Some years were great. Also great was the refrigerator schedule magnets they used to provide in the 90's. I should dig mine out and scan them to post.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. eddie sec 126

Tickets are plain. Much like ones from Ticketmaster

12. eddie sec 126

Went to opening day with paper tickets supplied by the Jets. One scanned the other didn't. Now to call representative while being detained. Like I really want to sneak in. Cone to ticket booth to sort it out. Oh no you come to me. They claim it was all a mistake. Made it in but will call today to get the recird straight

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

was offered free tickets yesterday, in one of the fancy boxes. didnt go. didnt want to go. i went from paying for seasons a number of years ago to not caring about going even for free. thats how much of a shit show this has become.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

I went. Obviously the result wasn't anything any of us wants. The only reason I do not regret the decision to go was that the weather was absolutely ideal for tailgating, and for sitting in the seats. The problem for me at least is, at this level of play anything less than ideal weather and attendance by eager tailgating friends makes it tough. I planned to enter the stadium early yesterday, but my cleanup tasks proved to be too much. Still, I did not expect a long wait to get in shortly after kick-off. Unfortunately the best Jets football I saw yesterday was watching the video monitor on the outer concourse screens while on line waiting forever to get in. There's GOT to be a better way. Can 'ticket officers' walk into the lots and scan tickets for you, then issue an ink stamp or something? Like, advance check-in? Luckily I sat in a low row yesterday so once i got past the ticket scanners I got to my seat without a long trek. But the days of the 35 minute (or more) journey to reach my expensive seat are over for me.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. OHTHEPAIN

OHTHEPAIN New Member

What hoops did you have to jump through to get paper tickets ? I'm old school like you . I gave up my season tickets about 4 years ago , but would reconsider if I could get paper tickets .

16. eddie sec 126

Just told them I don't have a smart phone.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Curious to know if you have to print them off online from the Jets official website or if they actually mail you physical paper tickets and parking passes.

18. eddie sec 126

No smartphone no printer. They will mail

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Thanks for responding. Ha, good for you. They probably still tacked on that $4 handling fee. Care to post what the 2021 season tickets looked like? Stick it to Woody the Rube anyway you can I always say.

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. eddie sec 126

No handling fee. They picked up shipping. They also mailed the tickets twice. Fools. Tickets were a Ticketmaster looking ticket. Nothing fancy. Don't let them tell you NFL policy. You are the customer