Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 5, 2021.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I mean this is just wrong. Not to mention I don't think you can draw many conclusions from an injury-riddled year playing in the worst offense in pro football. He was used completely wrong and that's why you should probably put way more stock into what he did in college, the way he did it and what he will be asked to do here in comparison.

This on the other hand, is completely correct.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it isn't fine. i'm saying robby is elite on another level with downfield speed. plus long arms and ball tracking skills

3. GasedAndConfused

I watched him in college as well. he doesn't get a lot of separation. he bullies the ball away from people. he's bigger and stronger then robby and a better blocker but doens't have the speed that robby does to require over the top help

4. GasedAndConfused

man people just don't watch?

here he is with the jets

here he is at baylor (and college Cbs are not as fast as NFL ones)

here is robby with the jets

Robby blows by NFL Cbs with ease and when they give him a big cushion he's deadly on comeback routes

I also did a breakdown a while back of his route tree
    https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...obbie-anderson-underrated-route-runner.92274/

jet fans here criminally underrate robby. I said he'd hit 1k yards as soon as he left the jets and sure enough he did it

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Trying to compare stats when Davis played in an offense that was run first and second and pass as an afterthought, when Anderson has not played in such an offense, and instead played in offenses with the Jets where the passing attack was more important. Robby is not a fit for this offense. Even if JD had kept him, I'm certain that LaFleur still would have wanted Davis. Anderson would win a footrace with Davis, but he's not a better WR. That's just silly.

Saying that Anderson would bring a dimension to the offense we don't have is wrong. Moore, Mims and Davis are all fast. So are Jeff Smith and Vyncint Smith. Berrios isn't slow.

blackssmagic likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

No, I'd say that you criminally overrate Anderson. He's a doofus with a doofus hair style. I'm glad he's gone.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Come on man, that just plays into Ralebirds hands, now I hold my hands up and agree he would not fit in here now, I wasn't glad he was gone, another Gase fuck up imo.

First season away from the Jets and with Steady Teddy throwing the ball he gets over 1k yards, Gase wouldn't know how to plan a downfield throw if his life depended on it, 13 throws over 20 yards wasn't it, fuck me :mad:

Anyways, just like Sam he isn't a Jet anymore so it doesn't really matter ;)

blackssmagic and SOJAZ like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

really? bowles and gase both ran a lot and had bad o-lines and bad QB play. carolina is a run 1st offense as well that runs through c-mac and when he was out they ran it through davis. I'm the 1st to say stats don't always matter and davis is a good WR but robby brings something to the table davis and mims can't meanwhile davis and mims are very similar WRs. same way crowder, cole, and moore are. We don't have a robby type WR.

10. GasedAndConfused

I don't overrate him at all. just your statement shows how much you underrate him. weren't you one of the ones saying we got a better deal with perriman and he's cheaper so JD was amazing lol meanwhile perriman sucked which I said in the 1st place and even JD said he made a mistake not bringing back robby because he misread the market on him.
    pretty much. like sam I wish him the best. he was a good jet. i'm happy with the group we have now but robby is an elite home run threat in the NFL and we don't have that currently. that was my only point.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Why are the Panthers are trying to trade him?

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are they?

I wonder if that has something to do with the tweets about Sam when he left he Jets lol

13. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

NFL Football Player Stats & Stats Leaders - Yards Per Catch (teamrankings.com)

HAHAHA- Robby hasn't averaged over 15 YPC ever. I liked Robby as much as the next guy, buy you're really overrating him.
    You're acting like he's Tyler Lockett.
    I'm sure the combination of a healthy Mimms, Davis, Crowder and Moore will make you forget about the "linguist" known as Robby Anderson
    Fuck man, I do miss his interviews though

blackssmagic likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

that doesn't mean anything. robby is a complete WR and is used on a full route tree. he won't have the same YPC as someone with lesser catches who is only used on deep routes. periman was 5th in the NFL for the jets last year and was awful. that should tell you all you need to know about that stats. only 3 of the top 10 are actually good WRs (moore, jefferson, metcalf) robby had 95 catches good for 10th in the NFL. nobody with that many catches will average over 15

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

All you did was show me how poorly he was used by the worst coach in the history of our franchise playing in the worst offense in the history of our franchise. Then what you did was follow up with a video that proves my point, so thank you I guess.

blackssmagic likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Perriman only sucked with Sam and because of the injuries. I had said that if he could stay healthy he would be a good player for us, and he was when healthy when we had an NFL caliber QB throwing to him. He was plenty good with Flacco.

17. NCJetsfan

18. NCJetsfan

LOL I know it does. I just wanted to give him something to rant about. Seriously, if we had kept Anderson, we probably wouldn't have Davis and Cole and maybe not Moore, and I'd much rather have those three than just Anderson.

K'OB likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Robbie would get MAYBE 2 deep balls thrown his way. Where Zack will target Crowder 10+ times a game, with 8 of those going for a 1st down. Robbie may pass Jamison in a yr or two after our oline jells and Zack has 3-5 seconds to go deep. But until then, Crowder, Moore, and whoever comes out at TE will be Zack's best friends.

blackssmagic likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

so you didn't watch. >)