Now that the 2021 Draft is over...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, May 2, 2021.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I haven't been a poster for nearly as long as some here - about 4 years - but this draft season was the most divisive and inflammatory that I've experienced on TGG. It has driven at least one long time poster (KurtTheJetsFan) to quit the board, and possibly even retire as a Jets fan. Of course that's his decision, and he'll have to live with that, and I'm not blaming any one person for that or any of this vitriol. After all, being a fan is all about passion, and passions sometimes get out of control.

But now that this draft is in the books, I'm hoping that as the days turn into weeks and months, that our passions can cool a bit and we can return to a less poisonous atmosphere.

In that vein, it might help to consider that Douglas has done what no Jets GM has done in decades, if not since Werblin and EwbanK: restored offense to the priority it should be. We can certainly debate whether he made the right choices, but there is no doubt he focused on upgrading the "O" finally.

I look forward to having the kinds of (more or less) friendly, informative discussions we used to have.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

First time I’ve been this excited in years. Watch the video of Robert Saleh screaming Let’s go to Elijah Moore

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm really happy to have the endless QB prospect debate behind us.

I'm more excited about the Jets than I have been in a long time. We have some competent pieces at OL and a dynamic playmaker for the first time in ages. Moore is probably the most exciting offensive weapon we've drafted since Santana Moss 20 years ago. For the first time in a long time it feels like we've laid the groundwork to have an effective, modern passing attack.

Onwards and upwards.

The Dark Knight, dmw, Borat and 13 others like this.
  4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Great comparison @REVISion

FlaJet, Brook!, AJW and 2 others like this.
  5. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

^^^Well-said, CC, and I agree with everything you said. I do have to admit, however, that reading the bold made me laugh. Don't get me wrong, I hope that wherever he is, that Kurt is doing well and will one day return to TGG, but just the absurdity of someone "retiring as a fan" due to a message board debate over who to draft made me laugh, lol. Solid post.

REVISion, FlaJet, Rockinz and 7 others like this.
  6. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I don't blame Kurt for leaving. I don't post here very often but as you can see I have been a member for a while. I literally laugh at people here that think they can do better than our current GM.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Awesome thread. So sad not to see @KurtTheJetsFan posts anymore. I hope @legler82 doesn’t disappear now that we have a QB.

8. patleahy

AJW, I don't blame Kurt for leaving/taking a break from the TGG board either. I was simply commenting on him "retiring as a Jets fan forever" over the silly QB debate on TGG, esp after he had been such a loyal follower of the team for so long AND ESP at a time when things are FINALLY starting to look up for Jets Nation! Kurt deserves to be part of that excitement! :);)

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well i hope he comes back/ there were a few people here going way overboard with the trolling. I don't blame kurt. but I agree people here need to grow up and be more mature

westiedog1, J-Raw24, FlaJet and 4 others like this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Before the draft I was happy to tell anyone until I was blue in the face that keeping Sam and trading down was the best way to build the team.

Right, wrong, or indifferent we picked certain players and their level of success will determine whether we go to the promised land or yet again watch one of our hated rivals win the division and go deep into the playoffs.

At this point I may point out some of our holes or yell at my TV when one of these guys screws up but I am rooting for all of them in a big way going forward.

I thought we were stupid to give up three second rounders for Sam but I am rooting for him to have success in his new home.

Our top priority at this point should be to bring Sheldon Richardson home and grab a couple more guys to round out our roster.

dawinner127, chandler, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very well said Colorado.it’s time to rally around this new leadership. As I mentioned in another thread, first time in 36 years since we went offense with the first four. It’s clear to me the priority to make Wilson successful is upfront and center. Go Jets.

KY Jets Fan, REVISion, FlaJet and 7 others like this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Kurt quit because he hates the Wilson pick, it is a great shame, obviously, there must be some other underlying reasons as well but in the main, he really could not stand Wilson being the QB

#12 K'OB, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    PJ4Ever likes this.
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

dmw, NCJetsfan, PJ4Ever and 1 other person like this.
  14. K'OB

Unfortunately, that was Kurt in this instance, he was dead set against Wilson #2, well at any pick tbh.

Like I just said above a great shame, we had our disagreements last year about OL v WR but it was resolved in a friendly fashion in private, as it should be and I hope he comes back, but I hope he comes back because we are successful and not to tell us, he told us so lol

REVISion, NCJetsfan, FlaJet and 2 others like this.
  15. K'OB

#15 K'OB, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
  16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You think the QB debate is over? Wait until Dick Cimini tweets about a training camp INT......

17. patleahy

^^^that made me laugh, lol. :D

K'OB likes this.
  18. K'OB

He'll be fine as long as he doesn't hit a reporter with a stray ball :cool:

Lon Chaney likes this.
  19. patleahy

exactly....or wait until Zach struggles for the first time ESP if Fields is lighting it up in Chicago....lol. The Wilson v. Fields debate will RE-IGNITE in an instant, chock full O' accusations and recriminations and "I told ya so's!!!" lol....

NCJetsfan and Lon Chaney like this.
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

When you look at the history of Jets draft and some of the most embarrassing moments we have endured, Wilson being drafted as Jets QB is the straw that broke the camels back?!

This board is tame even with some of the turmoil we have experienced in the past 6 months, compared to what it used to be.

I’m hoping it was something else that caused him to take a break, even just taking a break to not get burned out from posting so much, but I’m shocked that the Wilson pick did it!

#20 Red Menace, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    REVISion, PJ4Ever, ouchy and 2 others like this.