Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Lol. Yeah, we weren’t supposed to get much out of that one. Then I sat there and watched tall pine trees snap out the back window.

2. typeOnegative13NY

Damn, didn’t know you went through that. Hopefully this one stays far away from you.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Incredible model agreement...especially the following
    What almost all models agree on..AND THIS will be what im following early:
    1. Wind shear will keep this amazingly consistent...it hits 75 mph so a legit cat 1...maxs out at 80...before wind shear brings it back to 75...all the way tonthe coast of Maine??!
    2. The recently favorable trend of getting within 150 miles of florida coast...before its scoped up north.
    3. The magnet....eliminating as has been the recent trend of all hurricanes ..georgia and southern s.c. from a direct hit.
    4. A direct hit anywhere from carolina beach to the outer banks.
    5. The most fascinating thing to me...crosses the outer banks regardless of whether it makes landfall or not to the south...and then out to sea right? Wrong...it takes a classic noreaster track...i mean dead on classic...this is a track to follow in the winter if you want a good ole fashion snow storm.
    THEN...it stays within 50 to150 miles of the coast all te way to Maine....and amazingly....remains at 65 to 75 Mph....that is a bit rare.
    7. Although no direct hit up north...beaches will be closed and major beach erosion will occur towards the northwest of the eye...
    8.Because of this current track....long island can not be ruled out with a direct hit...especially eastern LI.

Not a monster...and come Saturday night the speed will increase big time....so in and out.

Will check later

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

5. stinkyB

Oh yeah.... almost 15" of water in the house (single story)....

6. jaywayne12

One quick update....may reach cat 2 before the Bahamas..but backk down to 1 thereafter

7. stinkyB

yes that's what the 3 champ faces were for.... :mad::mad::mad:

8. jaywayne12

For those on the east coast...promise this is the last thing....all the way thru OCTOBER...this could be among record breaking hurricanes formed to take a path from southern florida up north.
    The long term is screaming for this track....and africa looks like it will be spitting out one of these potentials every week.

Its a real shitty set up and favors at least one or two of these to do some real damage....looks like a record breaking year for tropical systems...and the loser is the east coast

9. jaywayne12

Omg. 15???

10. jaywayne12

And a good point about Matthew...thisnone does have more speed

11. stinkyB

Yep.... the waterline on the interior walls was a solid 14"... all storm surge that flooded the ICW. Came in and out with a quickness.
    Gutted the whole house.

Been on a super awesome run
    2017: Lived with my parents while rebuilding my house. NO LIFE
    2018: finished the house while I was living in it (I moved in as soon as it wasnt a health hazard (had a bathroom, a fridge, a grill, an air mattress and an internet connection so I could work from home). NO LIFE
    2019: Had a bunch of $ saved from working my ass off the 2 prior years, and re-doing the house myself and had intentions to buy a boat and a new truck..... my main source of income (I was a 1099 art director for a magazine) got bought out by the competiton.... buh bye toys. :confused:
    2020: no explanation needed.

in regards to the Matthew comparison. Matthew was on a slow decrease from Cat4 with a huge windfield and Huge seas in it's core / fetch, so that's why there was so much surge..... tides were 1' higher than this weekend too (although Sun night is pretty high)

jaywayne12 likes this.
  12. jaywayne12

Thats a run sb....better fortunes bud.

Ok...latest model run...the hurricane is giving s huge middle finger to the term wind shear....it gets to a point east of west palm....and starts to explode...winds nearing cat 3....110 or more...not done with run.
    This might be where shear comes into play...but this might be stronger than predicted now.

One thing for sure....the waters...the track going forward at this point are friggin prime.

13. stinkyB

The surf temp in St. Aug a week ago hit 87! o_O
    Back "down" to 82 but yeah.... plenty of cane fuel
    I really hope this thing caps a cat 2 or we're fuct.... zero prep. My only concern is the flooding and that prep takes the most time...... I remember the "good ole days" when major 'canes would just circle around the Atlantic before fizzling out in the norther graveyard..... "Where are you surfing before work tommorow?" "shit... I'm taking most of the day off"

14. stinkyB

15. typeOnegative13NY

Line shifted west in the 11am. It’s 2020 and I trust nothing this year.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  16. stinkyB

17. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah man. Not happy about the current track forecast. I just wanted some clouds to cool it down for a day or 2.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  18. jaywayne12

Damn. Right on the coast...if i was selfish...those in coastal sc and nc should root for this....but the weather channel is really hooking up with euro model of a total florida landfall then reentry into the atlantic near fl...ga...border. If thats the case...up north tons of rain and less wind.
    Again...will not rule out skirting fl coast...but still think this is a nc landfall.
    Hope not.
    Regardless...mucho rain even into jersey and winds should withstand the landfall or falls and tropical storm winds as far north as MASS.

Tomorrow around this time...Florida and how it interacts with this hurricane will tell the future story for the entire east coast.
    What a friggin nor'Easter track this is.
    One last thing...this puppy is blowing up as i type and i just wonder if it gets closer to 100 mph.

Brook! and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  19. jaywayne12

I have mentioned the magnet....when you look at a map of the nc/sc border...just above that line you see a u shape of the coast...the eastern tip of that u is carolina beach...and just several miles north is the beginning of wilmington....that section almost faces south.

Hoping not.

Brook! and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  20. typeOnegative13NY

The 5am gives the track about a 30 mile move to the East.

[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.