Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey type!
    Good to see you
    Man oh man....Wilmington NC here...i mean...i have never seen anything like this. Never. Its just impossible to be outside for a long time....have been to beach 3 times in past 10 days but even there...by 11 am...insane
    Will keep you updated.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Well, hellllloooo @jaywayne12! I hope all is well with you! I don't have any Central Air in my matchbox of a house, and it was sweltering today! I only have an AC in the bedroom and my Studio (which keeps me in there), but as active as I am, sometimes I just flat out can't handle the blazing heat. I detest the Summer and the sun, ugggghhh. I usually hike regardless, but today I said frig it and ran up and down both flights of stairs (basement to top floor) for a half hour until my legs screamed instead of going outside.

I was sweating so much it was running in my eyes and making my eyes burn. I've been taking care of my next door neighbor's cat and his pool because he's been away the last few days and I cannon-balled in as soon as I was done, running clothes and all, haha.

3. jaywayne12

Lol...hey jeto! Great to see you kiddo
    The heck with the cat but congrats on the pool!
    They say up north you guys get a break starting tomorrow...front comes through then stalls here...so we get on and off thunderstorms with heat still
    Great to see you jeto

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hi! I think we're supposed to be getting some T-Storms, too; which of course means the second I take one step in the woods the sky is going to split open, lol. Saw a big rattlesnake (6 footer) about a week ago so a lot of good my snake kit is doing me sitting in my glove compartment. o_O

Speaking of which, @FJF I picked up a pair of these last month: Crackshot Snake Gaiters.

[​IMG]

I like 'em pretty good so far. I had a great pair of LaCrosse Snake Boots with a great hard heel, but they sprung a leak after a year and I was so disappointed. I don't know, I find that their quality has gone down, so I tried Cabela's brand, and was disappointed in those for a different reason: the heel is soft like a work boot boot heel. :/

FJF likes this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s crazy man. The actual temp isn’t even that high. But the feel like is terrible. First year I moved here we had 4 consecutive days with actual temp over 100, and it didn’t bother me as much.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well right now they are showing that storm tracking right through Florida. Fun times ahead

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

8. jaywayne12

Nice job wb...huge change from yestetdays models right?
    It is looking very likely for an east coast hit...although im not really leaning at florida.
    High pressure off the coast looks to retreat a bit...which might allow it to swing more north.
    The magnet setup which just seems like a fit here of sc to the outer banks of nc looks like the favorite...but its early.

A few models want to bring this into the gulf....again...8 days out possibly 9.
    S
    Keep an eye out guys

Now...here is a bonus...was checking winter long term setups....
    A La Nina setup....below average precip to the south from southern ca to south carolina.
    Above average from northern pacific states to delaware.
    Great lakes area way above average...
    Below average temps off the eastern seaboard...again...great lakes areas
    What does this mean...not that much...but if you go by this...chicago area 200 miles east or west....heavy snow.
    Nyc metro? Could be snowy...but this set up is usually more rain and ice....snow changing to rain....but these setups usually do give the northeast several bombs...just not overall snowy winter.
    Great skiing vermont and new Hampshire
    But overall...central us gets clobbered.

Brook! likes this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Moving too fast + COC taking too long to consolidate = heading towards gulf. :(

10. jaywayne12

Hey SB!
    It could...the current track by the nws is a true middle ground. No model ..no true model shows their track...either east or west of Florida in fact..the current track modeled by the nws could never really become a force...it hits ever island mountain region...wouldn't survive.
    Two things I have seen that vary from where we were yesterday is one...it's taking it's time developing. It's really getting beaten up...and that will improve later today. It will get it's act together for further strengthening tonight
    Which leads to number 2. The most important....because of that all models are digesting crap...and a north Carolina...a Georgia...a Florida...hell a new Orleans...are all in play. No real clarity whether it goes gulf or east coast for 48 hours
    Where SB has a great point is the trends...it's been a HUGE swing from out to sea heading towards Greenland to hitting Tampa Bay in just 24 hours
    My gut from the high off the southeast coast that is currently retreating still thinks no gulf...but I can easily be way off
    Something to track and follow and where this country is right now...this is NOT a needed event. Will check the 5 pm updates and will post.

11. stinkyB

I think it's moving too fast and not strong enough to get pulled poleward.... odds are playing pinball on the caribbean isles (hispaniola and cuba) will tear it apart..... I just hope theres enough NE wind fetch pointing at us for a day or two ;)

jaywayne12 likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I spent my entire youth climbing every nook i could find in the Catskills and never saw a rattle snake.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  13. jaywayne12

Could be...today is Wednesday?
    Gut feeling by this weekend it becomes a big story....now whether its justified or not...we will see.
    Really hope not here in Wilmington

14. typeOnegative13NY

The track shifted quite a bit East since 11pm last night.

15. jaywayne12

Way east...again...this has "the magnet" or out to sea written all over it.
    Skirting Florida (how many times has that happened with magnet set ups)
    The magnet is myrtle beach to the outer banks...the curvature of this landscape is a bullseye for tropical systems IF...IF...the make the turn north.
    Only a Sandy setup can allow a storm once it passes the outer banks to hit virginia to nyc.
    Long islands location remains a shot.
    But again...the damn magnet....SC/NC border to the outer banks....or out to sea with plenty of beach erosion from florida to cape cod is the best case scenario....qnd here in wilmington nc? Give me a break....but yeah...bad feeling even this far out.
    The damn magnet.
    And the strength? Cat 2 or 3....but THIS means not much this far out.

typeOnegative13NY and jilozzo like this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

here we go.....renewing my meds today.

17. jaywayne12

Hey J...good tomsee gou

Here is my advise for future meds...be ready...invest 93l is on the heels on this...and that too will...will develop
    And...august after that stays busy
    Something will hit...too much in favor od future development fo next 3 weeks

Good news with this one is that it will now fight to stay alive...now may get beaten by wind shere...early

18. typeOnegative13NY

Definitely. Almost looks Matthew-like in path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. stinkyB

SHUT CHO MOUF! :mad::mad::mad:

;)

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  20. stinkyB

Similar track.... but I dont think I'll be rebuilding my house this time... hopefully

too much shear once it moves north. HOT gulf stream will juice up to cane status, but atmospheric conditions will prob limit it.

was looking forward to a weekend of good surf.... but now it looks like hard onshores and rain.... I just want some cat 4 "FISH" storms like we used to get

Terrapin IPA & Bulleit were on sale at Publix at least :)