That moment when

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

After a terrible year of Jets football I looked back at that play in particular and said holy shit, we're going to win that game.

As a Jets fan you had to lose faith after a near David Harris pick six that turned into a missed field goal. SOJ. And then this moment happened...

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yup, that fumble on 4th down started this too if you remember, dumbass tried to do a direct snap. Once we scored, I was flipping the fuck out in my house.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We had a Super Bowl team in 2009 and 2010.

To this day it makes me sick that we never made it. I would be willing to bet, had we made it in both years, we would have at least one ring.

Damn, I hate reliving those years

Brook! and K'OB like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That 2010 off-season absolutely hurt

twown, Brook!, Falco21 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Yup. The 2011 team didn't have to be that much different. Tanny and Rex chose to turn over the entire skill position corps in an attempt to save cap space to try to sign Nmandi Asomugha. Trying to add even more to a secondary that ranked 6th in passing yards and 4th in yards/attempt with an All-Pro at one corner and a Pro Bowler at the other.

Sanchez probably would've ended up being what he ended up being. But we did him no favors. And we should've squeezed one more year of playoff football out of him and that core roster.

6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Probably my favourite Jets TD (that I was alive to see)...there was another one from Leon Washington when he seems to burst though a few defenders (I think off a little dump off pass)... maybe also against the Patriots... damned if I can find it.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

I think it was a primetime game against the Dolphins. He's another player that was more valuable to us than other teams. We should've kept him for his reasonable price tag.

donkey and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. twown

twown Well-Known Member

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/leon-washington-takes-a-dump-before-each-game.46455/

"After we warm up before a game," Washington says in tiny type at the bottom of page 69, "I gotta take a dump. It's a huge benefit to release that gas you don't need. The facilities are beautiful. We're spoiled. If I get a good one, I know I am gonna score two touchdowns."

donkey, MoWilkBeast, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Fuck Pats by the way.

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The 30-yarder from Testaverde to Coles that started the comeback on Monday night against the Dolphins. Most folks remember the last TD to Jumbo, but it was the first one to Coles that I'll always remember.

donkey and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

was kind of a busted play right? Testaverde just chucked it up and Coles grabbed it and the defender fell?

that’s how I remember it, although it didn’t seem like a big deal at the time

13. TwoHeadedMonster

Not at all. Coles was very tightly covered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCKu5rbL2_Q

The play starts at 0:54.

NCJetsfan and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

thank you, thank you, thank you. Here is to a future bright with plays such as this

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My favorite play of all-time was the Chrebet game-winner against Tampa Bay in 2000 with less than a minute left in the game.

Chrebet was playing really well for the first 7 weeks or so of 2000 after Keyshawn was traded. Game-winning catches, taking over games at the end and the whole shebang. That game in particular had a lot of promo around Keyshawn's continued contention that Chrebet was just a complementary player and that Keyshawn's presence had made him a good WR.

So here we are with a minute left in the game and the Jets on the Tampa 18 threatening to come from behind and win. The TB defense was insane at that point, particularly in the secondary, and they'd held a good Jets offense to just 14 points.

Chrebet lines up to the right in Keyshawn's old spot and beats the chuck at the line of scrimmage. A couple of seconds later he is behind the defense somehow in the end zone and Vinny throws a lazer that he catches for the game winner.

The cameras cut to the sidelines and Keyshawn is turning to tell one of his teammates 'I told them not to let him get behind them!'

Was a great moment and one of the funniest I'd ever seen as Keyshawn was forced to admit that Chrebet was actually dangerous on a football field where the next best receiver was Dedric Ward.

Then of course the other teams snapped to the reality: 'It's Chrebet stupid' and they doubled him from there on out and that he could not handle and stay highly effective. That moment of watching an incredulous outraged Keyshawn was almost worth it.

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

Which year was it that Cotchery got smashed between two Pats players, but never touched the ground, popped up and ran it in for the TD?

18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Thinking 2006. Or his nasty one arm elbow catch while falling down. Or his 3rd down snag, after pulling his groin, to set up the Holmes OT winner.

#18 Martin&theJETS, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Cotchery was a warrior. He was also one of the best guys at working the sidelines I've ever seen. He could catch balls that were put in places that only he had a shot at them and he did it consistently. Chad and he did this repeatedly to move the chains in 2006 during the Jets big up-season.

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

It was so un-Jets like that we had a clean drive and scored right before the half to go up even more. I remember telling my family, this is something special.

I swore that if we beat the Pats we were going to go to and win the Super Bowl. ugh.