Gone but not forgotten..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 11, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Jachai Polite? Oh, wait . . .

My rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, and I have this saying: Former Jet? Destined for stardom.

Terrence Mathis anyone?

#41 jetophile, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    JetsNation06 and Cman68 like this.
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

That these backup-quality-at-best players were impersonating starter material within this organization is in itself the major indictment toward the past coaching staff.

Yep. Not a single starter in the entire list up there. Nothing to see. And Cimini obviously have taken a page out of Mehta playbook of stupidity.

DC during Rex Ryan days.

jilozzo and FJF like this.
  3. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Obviously, this is one of those threads "for amusement only".

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Especially since there aren't any current Jets in the playoffs. Hasn't been a Jet playoff appearance in a decade. Lets have a good laugh.. We'll be laughing in 2020 too..

Savatage likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Indeed he could! I'm hoping that Douglas will help in that regard. I hope that he will have a frank discussion with Gase about things upon which he believes that Gase needs to improve next season, and I really hope that Gase will be open to it, listen and learn.

ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not every player liked Pettine. Cromartie called him a "high school coach" and said they argued all the time in that Collision Course book written on the 2011 Jets season, or whatever it was.

It happens, hes a good DC.

BrowningNagle and J-Raw24 like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Darron Lee a healthy scratch today.

8. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Yea I really don't understand why Carroll was dismissed after 1 year to make room for the lazy and stupid Kotite. The 1994 team collapsed by Carroll was known as a bright and up and coming NFL coach. Really wish somebody on the inside stood up to moron Hess at that point and at least tried to explain how dumb a decision that was

jilozzo likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

It wasn't a dumb decision! It was one of the few good decisions that Hess made. Carroll was very immature. He just wanted to be one of the "guys" at that point in his life. He had had a basketball goal installed in the parking lot so he could shoot hoops with the players. He was not a leader or disciplinarian. He says that it took getting fired from both the Jets and Patriots to wake him up, to make him sit down and do some real soul searching, and he realized that he needed to make some major changes in his approach. It may not have been as bad as under Kotite, but Carroll still would have been an utter failure.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He got tied up with Mehtastasis and not surprisingly wound up naked in a burlap sack tied high in a tree.

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  11. Cman68

Generally people change and get wiser as they get older and more experienced. I'm sure the Pete Carroll we see today wasn't the Pete Carroll who coached the Jets. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

He was also the primary leaker to Manish Mehta during the early Rex years.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

yup, but I would take a literally anything over what we have now. I mean as a head coach, I wouldnt give up Williams for anyone other than Rex if he wanted to be DC (never would happen)

14. NCJetsfan

True, but I think Pete Carroll knows himself better than any of us. He himself said that's what it took for him to learn and grow. With the lack of any evidence to the contrary, we must assume that he is correct that it took getting fired a couple of times for him to change. He must not have learned much of anything when he was fired by the Jets. Following his firing by the Jets, he was the DC for the Niners for two seasons. He was hired by the Patriots in '97, after Parcells quit in a dispute. The Patriots won the AFC East in '97, I think largely due to the discipline and foundation that Parcells had built. They lost the wildcard game in '98, and then in '99, the Patriots had a late season slide, missed the playoffs and Carroll was fired. The Patriots went 10-6, then 9-7, then 8-8. To his credit, Robert Kraft said that firing Carroll was one of the toughest decisions he had to make since buying the team. So he must have done something right. (source: Wikipedia) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Carroll

Cman68 likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So you're saying Gase is going to win a Super Bowl in 20 years from now?

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I would take issue with the bolded. Though I'm not inclined to hunt it down now I remember Carroll being quoted very early on as saying he would have done things differently including putting some distance between himself and the players given a second year.

Haven't found any real words from Carroll but here's a piece Cimini did six years ago that should be of interest to those who weren't around in those days.

#56 Ralebird, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  17. Cman68

LOL... Who knows man.. Again, Gase could be the exception to the rule too. I guess it depends on how many times you get kicked in the ass in life, accept that its your fault it keeps happening, then learn how to stop it from happening.

#57 Cman68, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Because Kotex was Hesses lackey :mad:

19. championjets69

H'mm hopefully U R aware that Gase cut both Henry & Tannenhill That makes me wonder if he knows anything about spotting talent :mad:

20. championjets69

Wonder who was smarter TN for hiring Vrabel or us for hiring Gase?:mad:

Cman68 likes this.