Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes. Just a few days ago, I was where you are, but other posters pointed out that a few weeks ago he suddenly pulled his connection to the Jets off of social media and he stopped calling into the Bart Scott and Maggie Gray show on WFAN over the question of why he did that. If he wants to remain a Jet, why would he suddenly, without explanation remove all traces of the Jets from his social media pages? That makes zero sense unless he was already checking out mentally/emotionally. He then liked the Louis Riddick tweet:

https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...ys-for-jamal-adams.93065/page-10#post-3870459 It's post #186.

Douglas spoke with him prior to the trade deadline, told him that Riddick was wrong, that there would be no firesale, and that he was in their long-term plans. Then and only then did Adams start getting upset.

I think he's smart too, perhaps too smart to lose control like this, particularly seeing that to my knowledge, he's always been very disciplined before. I think his father is a career Army man, so I'm sure that Adams was raised to keep his emotions in check, and to be more disciplined than that. It just doesn't jive. IMO it's sounding more and more contrived. I don't care how upset or frustrated he was with losing, someone that smart and disciplined wouldn't call his boss/HC and GM liars and backstabbers in print on the internet (Twitter) and then not take it down, and then refuse to speak with them. If he wasn't lying himself, we already know that his agent lied to him about what was happening, so that is troubling. As several posters have noted, Adams' actions sound very similar to Jalen Ramsey's actions and other players who wanted to force a trade from their present team. It is really starting to totally sound like something a greedy agent would plan. I get my player to make up shit, accuse his bosses of lying and backstabbing, try to paint them as the bad guys, make them think he's going to be too big of a headache to deal with and be a distraction, then I can assure his new team that he won't be a problem for them, that it was all an orchestrated act to get away from that dysfunctional, incompetent mess that is the Jets. Other teams would buy into that or not care. Some don't care about character anyway, only talent.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt initially, but then he refuses to speak with Douglas, and has posted several other things on Instagram such as affirming that what Ryan Clark said is true, that he'd love to play for the Cowboys. He can't have it both ways. He can't love it here and want to remain a Jet and "love" to want to play for the Cowboys too.

Adams supposedly had a great practice yesterday and was focused. If he was truly that hurt and emotionally upset, do you really think that his play in practice wouldn't have been affected, and that he wouldn't have been at least somewhat unfocused? I don't. Even if so, it sounds like his agent or father told him to focus at practice and not let it affect his game. They also should have told him to take the offensive crap down off of Twitter and Instagram, put the Jets back up on his social media accounts and sit down with Douglas. None of that has happened AFAIK.

2. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

So he may have updated his social media following, and maybe liked a tweet ( he's not in the list of likes so he never liked, or went back and removed ) And then someone he considers close to him asks a hypothetical question about what places he would like to land after he was told he was getting shopped and he gave a response?

You're talking about players who faked injuries and skipped practices and called out everyone from their coach to their quarterback.

If this is what we're talking about, and these are the comparisons we're making... I guess I'll let you guys go ahead with your tin hat conspiracies in this thread. I'll go about my business and eat crow if Adams requests a trade in January.

I'm sorry I interrupted.

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I should have clarified - I meant to jets fans, not within the locker room.

And yes, a win could cover a lot, but we'll see.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's not like Adams came out as being very upset that Clark aired that thought. But the player himself has indicated that he doesn't want to be here. Why would we want to keep him? Because he'll mature in a year when he wants to talk about his $80 million undeserved extension? I doubt contract talks even open up with him. Teams don't appreciate when players start nonsense. I don't think our team is any different or should be.

If you bend for a player who called the GM a backstabber why wouldn't the next player try to get away with the same thing?

The situation has soured for both sides for whatever reason. Whether you believe the player or the front office is right, the relationship is shot.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Except you're putting words in his mouth that make this seem more dramatic than it is.. He said "Went behind his back" He didn't call Douglas a backstabber. He didn't say he doesn't want to be here he said he would love it if he landed on the cowboys.

And he actually did sound like he didn't expect to have to speak to that comment he made to Clark. It sounded like he was just being a bigger person and not backing down on something he had said that Clark reported on. "

“When I found out that I was being shopped, and that I was on the verge of being traded, that was one of the teams that I told him (former Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark) I would love to go to, and it was to go to the Dallas Cowboys,” Adams told reporters from the Jets’ facility. “....So, everybody is coming at me in certain ways to say I’m a liar about a lot of things or I’m not believing in something, that’s not true. I’m always going to shoot you straight. I’m never going to sugarcoat anything, but like I said, I told RC that that was definitely a spot that I would love to land.”

Why not let Adams and the Front Office figure out what the relationship between Adams and the Front office is? What are we gaining from hoping/assuming this gets worse? SOJF lol.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He didn't just "update his social media." He removed anything Jets related. A stranger looking at it wouldn't know that he played for the Jets. Why would he do that, when he was so proud before?

He liked a tweet of someone who didn't know what he was talking about, who was looking to cause trouble, and believed that over his GM? You don't see a problem with that?

He not only gave a response, but then doubled down on it after the trading deadline had passed and after he had called Douglas a liar and backstabber.

Just because he hasn't gone to those lengths yet, doesn't mean that he won't. I'm not saying that he's as bad as them, but still his actions resemble theirs somewhat.

Tin hat conspiracies? smh

I'm not hoping/assuming it will get worse. I hope that it won't. The Jets have been enough of a circus for one lifetime.

I have simply lost all respect for him or desire to see him continue to be a player on the Jets. He doesn't have the maturity and character we need. He is supposed to be a leader. His actions have been anything but a leader's. Le'veon Bell has been a leader throughout this. Heck, Anderson has been more mature and more of a leader than Adams.

Fine, we can agree to disagree.

Andy_M and BudJet like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Talk is cheap. The guy can show us what he really wants on Sunday. His future can be decided on the field.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The only difference being KD is All-World and Adams isn't.

All Gas No Shake and MJK like this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

And dropped that gimme INT that might've been taken back to the house or brought back within the 10

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

His father's an Ex NFL RB who needed 2 hip replacements since leaving the Patriots in 91
    Are you sure he's a military career man?

#1110 TonyFtLaud, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  11. JetsNation06

This is just another symptom of a horribly run franchise at the top. Adams is a very good player. Pro Bowler, sure. All World, No. However Mac never should be drafting a Safety like him at #6 when we had all of the other needs that have been listed ad nauseum for many years on this site.

Now Adams gets thrust into the role as "team leader" because of his high draft position and the pressure that came with it. He obviously thinks a little too highly of himself and this is now the end result of this shit storm all created by the idiotic organizational hierarchy know as the NY Jets.

Just another in a long line of poor moves and this kid Adams now has a pulpit to be a dope. I don't blame him too much. He is what he is. An overconfident, somewhat delusional player. I blame the Jets for giving him this type of platform in large part due to their awful drafting.

Pathetic franchise that I am getting really sick of even talking about.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Todd Bowles is just as much to blame as Mac for Adams at 6. Palantonio reported that he candidly asked Bowles on that draft day if he could have any player in draft at 6 who would it be. His answer was Adams.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. JetsNation06

Again I don't blame the HC unless they have almost full control of an organization like a Gruden setup. Bowles was just another filler in a long line of empty suits at the HC position. This problem was way above Bowles' pay grade just like most of them have been for the duration of this nightmare for 50 years now.

These problems begin and end at the top.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Everytime i see this thread I think it said Adam Gase is delusional and not as good as he thinks he is. I think this title applies much more appropriately to Gass than Jamal Adams.

papapump and TonyFtLaud like this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ralebird = maybe he wont show us anything this Sunday as he just suddenly popped up on the injury report with a toe injury,,,,,IMO this Adams saga wont get better but will get worse and in the summer he will be gone

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What? I see your point - to a POINT - but I'm especially referring to your second paragraph. Sounds like a whole bunch of typical poo-pooing and enbabling drivel to me. Granted to his credit Adams didn't do anything regrettable or boneheaded like getting himself in trouble with the law (and I think it's more than safe to say that he won't), but try acting the way a lot of athletes with diarrhea of the mouth behave in a real life regular joe job and no-one - and I do mean no-one - would have any patience for it. Unless of course you're the boss's idiotic, lazy, pimple-faced nephew and nepotism is your built-in friend.

I'm gonna go all generation gap on you, but it's not an accident that people who are generally under 30 think social media and athletes constantly looking at themselves and being under the impression that people actually give a shit about their opinions is not only acceptable it's expected. Immature displays are dismissed ad nausem. I was fit to puke with the excuse mongering when Isaiah Crowell wiped his ass with a football almost more than that he wiped his ass with a football.

Jamal Adams should take this as a learning experience when he's no longer in a Jets uniform that running your yap can sometimes go against you. He's not a mental case like Odell Beckham, Jr., not by a long stretch, and I feel bad even using that idiot as an analogy because it's somewhat of a poor one, but what I'm really trying to say is that how the people reacted around OBJ was partly responsible for him getting away with it. For all of his carrying on he's in Shittsville no matter how much money he got paid. Isn't that sort of Jamal's point, that he's sick of losing?

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We're speculating on a message board about the teams future. I didn't send Joe D a text saying he has to go. You don't believe it's a big deal. I believe it's a precursor of shitty behavior. We'll both have our answer in about 6 months or so as we arrive at the draft.

MJK likes this.
  18. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Jamal interviews after games sounds like he's the only good player & he's carrying the team on his back. Too much....I hold my self in hi reguard (in other words I think I'm great), I'm doing my best, too much I & me not enough us & we.
    His father was a first round pick for the Giants, not a Army man

#1118 BudJet, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Andy_M and TonyFtLaud like this.
  19. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I dont know whether i should post here or on the other post just like this one...
    At the end of the day we have gone from how stupid i was for my early comments to 2 posts saying basically the same thing about the same person.
    Is it true that he may be faking an injury to not play or try to force a trade? He is acting as if he is not part of the problem.

20. Coaching staff & FO have to be on the same page & have a voice on draft day.Its 80% on the GM but dont let Bowles off the hook either when he says pre draft he wants a safety above all else

JetsNation06 and CotcheryFan like this.