C.J. Mosley: 'Whole NFL is sleeping on the Jets'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jul 2, 2019.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Please tell me how 7-9 is relatively successful?

jilozzo likes this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He allowed 3 sacks, 2 hits,8 pressures and committed 4 penalties in the 8 games he played. My point was you turning our discussion into a claim that my assessment of the current Browns equates to a proclamation that Mayfield the second coming of Christ..... Which is as accurate as your assessment of Harrison.
    Watch week 17 and tell me again how good Harrison is.

The hype is what drives the league. We're Jets fans so we hype Darnold. The other fan bases laugh at us based on last season.
    We hype Gase, the rest of the league laughs. Fucking Giants are hyping Jones as the savior.
    It's ok to recognize talent on another team. I think I personally have become more distant from the Jets over time so I'm not as rabid and look at things more realistically. I have no problem pointing out the flaws as well as the positives. Don't know if it's age, constant disappointment but I don't praise medicority as excellence as many of the younger more hopeful members here. Not saying you, I'm recalling last year's posts critiquing every Mayfield throw as terrible and every Darnold pass as perfect, even the ones that were out of bounds, high,behind a Reciever. All the recievers fault.

#82 TonyFtLaud, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    HomeoftheJets and Red Menace like this.
  3. Yes you wont find a more bias jets fan than me supported by my many posts on this forum:) Spare me.

I never suggested that you had a man crush on Mayfield You questioned my hatred & i provided rationale. What am i missing?

And yea i saw week 17 w Harrison..and guess what i still think hes talented.His main issue is fundamentals.But who the hell am i? I was mocked when i said Brick would be fine after the whole fan base called him a bust after 2 years. Same when i said it was idiotic to judge Adrain Jones based on 2 unplanned plays against dwight freeney in the preseason his rookie year..and AGAIN later on when i said he was a better fit at guard which he had to LEAVE NY to actually accomplish.Same w Brandon Moore being a starting level Guard despite being a UDFA. Who knows maybe its a few lucky hunches in a sea of Jets homerism..since thats my MO :)

Take care Tony..

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Have a good night.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

because last year was 4-12. That would be a 3 game improvement and for this team, that's an acomplishment!

Ralebird and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

sure......after the past 3 seasons, 7 wins will be an improvement, on paper no doubt, especially with our schedule which is very tough the first half. But the W-L record is not the most important thing in 2019.....the play of the QB, improvement of some players and the integration of the hi priced new players is most important. If all that comes together as the year goes on, severe injuries are avoided, and Gase doesn't totally melt down - then its a successful year despite what the ultimate W-L record is.

FJF likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

kurt you do know your lineman. that is true, I often value your opinion on offensive linemen

8. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Guess you haven't heard, we actually hired a real GM. His name is Douglas.

Please don't respond with some nonsense about Gase being the real GM. I don't buy into those SOJF nonsense

9. Appreciate the kind words & the respect is mutual.

Im fine w someone disagreeing w me or thinking im clueless..who knows maybe i am..but im far from a homer..ive been bitching about the defense heavy drafts & lack of offensive talent for 10 years.

Nonetheless i have alot of respect for Tony & it’s all good

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I generally try and force into my reality the way I think the Jets CAN be good. But truthfully, this year, I see a team that is going to be really good. I am extremely excited for this season. I think we're in for a ride.

Acad23 and FJF like this.
  11. NYJ1970

It still sucks in football terms overall. We should be celebrating officially entering the ranks of mediocrity?

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Mediocrity is an improvement over what we've seen these last several years. This team won 14 games over 3 years. We're starting from almost rock bottom so yeah, getting back to mediocre is showing improvement.

jets_fan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not sure which take is more Darksider. :confused:

14. NYJ1970

I can honestly say, I DON'T CARE. Wake me up when this team isn't a punchline anymore.

Wahoo likes this.
  15. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say sleeping. Every team every year has a bunch of players that say stuff like Mosley just did. People were sleeping on the Browns the years they went 1-15 and 0-16 too.

Darnold is expected to take that jump forward this year. And I think he will

But overall under Mac the rebuild was moving at a snails pace and he missed out on key additions (be it UFA or the draft...not being aggressive enough) far too often. Douglas still has to deal with some peculiar holes in the lineup that Mac let fester for too long. The lack of a true reliable center is unforgivable. Especially for a young QB. Still no reliable edge rusher. Still thin at CB. Still no true #1 receiver

After Anthony Barr scurried back to Minnesota Mac had no backup plan

This seems like we're in for a hard luck but very promising 8-8 season. And sure maybe if we get lucky we can appear ahead of schedule and slip into a Wild Card at 9-7, but I'm mentally preparing myself for that final growing pain season before this team is ready to take off for real and truly open up that window of opportunity to compete for a title in 2020

CotcheryFan and stinkyB like this.
  16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

According to pff out skills positions is bottom 5 in the league and the bills and dolphins added much more talent

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

OFFENSIVE. LINE. Darnold could be the second coming of Montana, Bell could be Jim Brown incarnate, without an offensive line it doesn’t matter. And it’s July, and THE. JETS. DONT. HAVE. AN. OFFENSIVE. LINE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

All of our receivers are middle of the pack guys and Darnold is in year 2. Not very surprising to see this.

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Theyre hardly bottom 5.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

They’re not that great to anyone other then Jets fans though.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.