Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Come on! The guy got rid of Pete Kendall and Chris Baker. How can you defend that?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of course at 4 million it will be interesting to see if he sicks. That's a lot of money if he has slowed down as much as the Jets think he has.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Nobody gives a flying shit if he is a great guy. We care if he is great at building a top level roster, which he is.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Dude...stop giving him warnings. I like this troll. He's kept all of us entertained...

5. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
    troll

1. A large, brutish creature of European myth, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to the Japanese oni.
    2. A dumbass who makes idiotic posts in message boards newsgroups for the sole purpose of pissing people off, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to people who pass you by on the sidewalk then grab you in inappropriate places.
    1. "AAAAAAHH, it's a troll!"
    "Protect the women and children! Grab your torches!"
    2. "AAAAAAHH, it's a troll!"
    "****head... we banned him five times and he keeps making new accounts about how he pwns all and that he>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>j00!"

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

It is 4 million.

I said they should have paid him 2 million.

7. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

thats not what he got. he got 4. therefore your tanny bashing is bs. if he offered him 4 mil everyone here would be whining like you, except it would be justified by a terrible front office move. and offering 2 is out of the question when double is on the table.

8. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I'm glad we got Ellis. I'm not a fan of Roth. I think he's a JAG and not worth the money. It does seem that you didn't want Ellis back. Has he slipped that much?

9. Just let a computer do it, like Madden.

10. #28Martin

Well that's fine, that's really all i'm saying....

11. I'm not glad you got Ellis. I'm glad you paid that for him.

12. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

Not going to start a new thread because there are enough already. This does not really follow the flow but I want to get it down anyways.

Not putting together a legitimate offer for Ellis is a huge mistake. The was out best lineman last year the way I watched the games. Sure Pouha looked good, DeVito came on etc etc. To not keep this guy around is something that I think we are going to regret.

The guy was a pro's pro. He never had any real issues during his decade here, (I dont count the marijuana as a real issue) he kept his mouth shut and he performed always. Teams that have been successful in the past with the 3-4 have a stable of Dlinemen. With the cap room that we have, the way this guy has produced, and what it would meant to have Wilk and Kenrick learn from this guy for a couple years - I see so many positives that out weigh the negatives...of which I cant see any. How we did not offer this guy 5m over 2 years rather than an insulting vet min. He was out best linemen in the playoffs by a mile!

I dont usually question the FO in this new era because they have done a very good job and have been aggressive when needs be. This one is a mistake. The Cotchery move, I dont understand, but Ellis rattles me.

Devito, pouha, ropati, wilk, k ellis, .....why not S Ellis? What a good looking group that would have been. It only irks me more that we have to play him twice a year.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You are right, it is over. Worst rushing defense in the league, here it comes.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He's a nice rotational veteran DL player. We drafted 2 on day one of the draft.

15. #28Martin

If the Jets offered him 2 million a week ago, instead of this low ball BS offer, he's a Jet today. That's my opinion.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Mike Tannenbaum is the reason why this team is competitive. Without him we wouldn't have Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Sanchez, Greene, or any of the other young talented players that make this team a force to be reckoned with. No one gives a shit about Chris Baker or any of the other players you mentioned because they don't make championship caliber teams. If you want a GM that overpays mediocre players you shouldn't be a fan of this team.

17. #28Martin

Hey,, guess everyone doesn't have the popular view here...

18. Anyone who is involved in negotiations like that is going to be disliked by some people. GMs, agents, owners, players...negotiations lead to hurt feelings and accusations on all sides.

Too bad not everyone gets that.

19. #28Martin

He's done a fine job.... He's also in alot a ways a phony... That's all.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

he's not worth the 2 million to the jets, what the fuck is so hard about that?