Your first great Jets moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DonnieIsTheKing, May 1, 2006.

1. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Thought this would be an interesting discussion... this doesn't necessarily when you became a Jets fan but the first moment you watched and said, "I'm a fan of this team for life."

I'm a younger fan so mine personally was the Colts playoff game in 2002 when we handed their asses to them, 41-0. I remember being amazed over how strong Chad's arm was and how Peyton Manning was the worst QB in the league (I was 11 I didn't know better). How about yours?

2. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I remember watching Jets games on TV with my dad and asking why the Jets fans were wearing paper bags over their heads

3. myfavoritecmart

myfavoritecmart New Member

Last year's playoff game in San Diego. Chad's BOMB!

4. odessa14

odessa14 Banned

I really started keeping track of the Jets in 1995, I was 11 then. The moments that stick out to me is when drafted Keyshawn Johnson and a year later the hiring of Bill Parcells. That hiring single handily changed this team around for almost 10 years.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Mine had to be when the Jets beat the Dolphins in Miami week 17 to finish 8-8 and make the playoffs, just to go and lose to the Oilers the very next week. That is the first time in my life I truly understood what was happening with the Jets and got REALLY excited about them. The week after when we lost to Houston was the first time I understood the true pain of being a Jets fan.

Haha now that I think about it that was when I just turned 7 years old. Jets fan for life. :beer:

#5 xxedge72x, May 1, 2006
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
  6. Pride

Pride New Member

Im a younger fan also but mine was when we were winning at halftime of the AFC Championship game against the Broncos

7. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

i became a jets fans the year we were 1-15 and it was a pleasure rooting weekin and weekout for that 1 win that would assure us from not going 0-16. Bill parcells soon followed and the rest is history.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

1984 I consider to be the first year I watched full NFL games every week and the 49ers-Dolphins SB was the first one I watched (had to go to bed after halftime show, however). I was seven years old.

So, to answer the question- the 1984 season in general. I became a Jets fan because my father was a Jets fan.

9. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

best and first jets moment was when the jets made the playoffs against the oilers and one of my first jets games when i brought a sign, "fire Kotite"

10. Elvis

Elvis Member

Back when I was 5 years old, (1970), Joe Namath was one of the reasons I became a Jet fan. Seeing Joe Namath play really was exciting. Most kids went with the bandwagon teams (Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers) but I stuck with the Jets. The other reason was that my dad was a Giants fan so it made for some interesting dialogue through th years.

11. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I know how that feels... everyone in my family is a Yankees fan and I'm a huge Mets fan.

12. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

2002 jets/ packers....enough said. that game was freaken awsome

13. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Mines the same thing especially that Sam Garnes pick and went Vinny wnet into the game.
    :manning:
    Well atleast in that game he did.

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Another memory I have when I was really young, even though it was anything but game related, but still was a great moment, was tailgating in the parking lot when a couple of drunk guys started a huge "Aguiar Sucks!" chant that spread like wildfire. Was pretty funny.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

mine was the 1981 AFC Wildcard game. I was very young (3 y.o.) and that's about as far back as I can remember. but i know I was probably rooting for the Jets even before that.

16. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

2004 Upset over Chargers in WC playoff

17. Dbenzo3

Dbenzo3 New Member

I was born into being a Jet fan. Early 70's my father had season tickets and used to bring me to the games (once in a while). I don't have memories of Namith but the year that was so very meaningful for me was the year we lost the AFC championship game in the Miami mud. The Jets went on the road as the wild card team (in those days there was only one wild card team). We went to Cinn and wipped them good. Then out to the west coast and wiped the Raiders. It rained the following weekend and the dolphins made sure NOT to cover the field. The Jets were coming to town with a great running game. They knew they couldn't stop us but the mud sure did. That darn Richard Todd with two interceptions for TDs. To the same d-lineman, A J Duley. I kept every Day News and NY Post News papers, from everyday of those playoffs, until we went 1 - 15 two years in a row. I got so pissed I threw them all out.

18. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

I was at that game 6 rows back on the 50 yard line Jets side...it was sweet!

But when I was maybe 7 in 1981 or 80 I forget, my mom bought me a green Jets bike! It had the the Jets logo all over the place including the front plate.
    The rest is history.

19. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

mine were when curtis ran for 202 at home against the colts and when coles rolled in the endzone agaisnt the broncos i like them because i was at both of them i guess they are special to me

20. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Tough Question for an Old Timer

The game in '81 where we beat the Fish 16-15 on a last minute Todd to Barkum TD pass.