You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He's obviously putting his ego before the team in supporting Fitz.

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He's just not gunna be that much worse than what Fitzpatrick gives you...and if he truly plays that terribly you pull him immediately

I just look at it as Fitz is a consistent 3 of 10 and I can live with a potential 2 of 10 with the possibility to be much better whereas Fitz is what he is

3. King Koopa

Why not? Like you said we know what Fitz will do and simply put its not good enough...we don't know what Geno WILL do in this situation...we might think we do, but we don't know for sure

Geno had some other solid games over the years...it wasn't just those 2 and then everything else was awful

4. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

I guarantee we go better than 7-9 with Fitz at the helm. Care to bet anything on it?

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Last 4 games of 2013 are calling.

They want their preseason momentum back.

_

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I will.

If Fitz starts the entire season and the Jets go 8-8 or better, I will take an entire year away from the forum, and I'll ask the mods to enforce the penalty. You willing to bet the same terms?

I think this is a moot bet either way because I think Fitz will play himself out of a job, but I'm willing to bet anyway.

7. JStokes

To be fair you take off 8-10 months at a time on a whim so a year isn't that big of a gamble.

I'm thinking a testicle or a kidney might be more daring.

Just sayin.

_

ajax likes this.
  8. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

That's a bit extreme, but you got it. I like JStoke's idea a little better though.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. JStokes

He's going to lose the bet and all of a sudden Charlie Kelly is going to show up again.

Do the math.

_

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I did not say that Fitz will not be enough. When did I say that? The Jets obviously think they can work with his limitations and still win games.

11. King Koopa

I said it...hes not good enough

Geno probably isn't good enough either but I want to see him get a shot and confirm that as opposed to a limited journeyman

The Jets thought that Fitzpatrick was good enough to be a solid veteran backup, which he was/is.....That is why there wasn't even a QB competition. Fitz has been starting due to injury and a first year coach/GM is not going to change the QB regardless of how he plays if the Jets win......Its the safe move that the media can't really criticize, I get it...I just don't think its the correct move short or long term

#331 King Koopa, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    socaljetfan likes this.
  12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I don't blame Fitzpatrick for the loss, but I do blame him for how he performed. On several occasions, under no pressure, he threw passes at the feet or over the heads of wide open receivers in a very Sanchez-like manner. Win or lose, his performance was dog shit. The way I see it, he had two average performances and one dog shit performance. The book is still out. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

13. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Fitzpatrick getting benched mean you won the bet?

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick wasn't in the competition because he was coming back from a broken leg.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hopefully Fitz was working on timing with Devin Smith all week. He hits a couple of long passes to him Sunday morning and all this talk goes away. Well, maybe the die hard Smith fans will still whine.

16. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I hope Fitz plays better and we win. However, if he struggles again and we take another "L" - I'm sorry but I cannot support starting him after the bye. I am not sure I can think of a single worse outcome this season than the team going 7-9 or 8-8 with Fitz starting all 16 games.

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

How about going 4-12 with Geno starting

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Fitz just seems terribly inaccurate on deep throws.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That would be a better outcome for the people who just want Geno gone and for whom the main issue is getting rid of him.

I'd rather go 7-9 with anybody starting than 4-12 with anybody starting. I've seen enough 4-12 in my lifetime already.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's not that inaccurate. He does a couple of pure throwaways a game where the ball is 5 yards beyond anybody's ability to catch it. Those throws almost always happen after he's been holding the ball for 3 seconds and has to let it go now because the internal clock alarm is buzzing loudly at him.

The throws he's made to receivers have been on target for the most part, unfortunately they've been to covered receivers and furthermore a few of them have been dropped. Fitzpatrick and Marshall have looked really bad in tandem on deep throws. The first deep throw of the year was a beautiful thing and then the defender got his hand in on Marshall, after Marshall had the ball, and stripped it for an incompletion. That was part of the Brandon Giveth and Brandon Taketh Away sequence where the next drive he stripped an interception from the defender.

Marshall is going to have to slow down and start playing inside his limitations. He's a great receiver but when he tries to do too much he hurts the Jets as often as he helps them.