You guys got screwed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Oct 15, 2017.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Apologies for coming off as angry with you, which I was. Aside from rehashing this ad nauseum, I took offense at being "lectured" on the fine points of the rules, when my whole point is that the rules you kept (keep) dissecting don't really apply UNLESS there was PROOF that the call on the field was wrong. But from every video clip available - and keep in mind that the NFL Video Control must use the video feed that was televised - there was NO CAUSE to overrule. Thus all of your 'splainin' is meaningless.

Really, if you can show me the video that supports an overrule, that is, where ASJ CLEARLY lost control once he crossed the goal line, then I'll consider your other points, but until then it stands as one of the greatest hosings by officials ever.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

time to unsticky this as I'd like to think we've moved on.

#302 Cman68, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  3. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

CC, sorry if i came off angry also. And no worries from your end I understand where you all were coming from after seeing a frustrating call.

I only chimed to help folks get to the bottom line, my original point in my first post 200 posts ago (#106) :). A pet peeve of mine is announcers, experts, and writers who do not know the rules and get fans off on the wrong track, these guys are supposed to help us (happened again on local radio here in Boston on Saturday). For me, if you announce a sport or are given a job to analyze the sport one should know the rules and help folks understand what they are seeing and focus their attention on the key point in the play or call, the only one to do it correctly for this play was NFL primetime.

I did not mean to come off as lecturing, and if so I am sincerely sorry, folks did not believe what i was saying that we only had to worry about AJS rolling over to decide the play one way or the other, so i pointed them to the rule, so that is why i was splainin. :).

As for replay, it can be frustrating, i hear yah. Sometimes we get them (like the fumble reversal this past weekend against Mia) where replay will go frame by frame and see where the ball or body part was, where and when and sometimes they go against us like AJS. And sometimes, like you (and many jets fans) and ASJ call, you just do not agree with what the refs sees and the latter did not have enough evidence and needs their eyes checked.