XBOX 360 Project Natal

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Drew, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

Did anyone see this at E3? Looks insane.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSWERIJvve8[/YOUTUBE]

Microsoft also showed off Left 4 Dead 2, Crackdown 2, Rock Band Beatles, Modern Warfare 2, and the rumors are finally true, Metal Gear Solid has been confirmed for XBOX 360. Metal Gear Solid Rising is due out. Raiden is the main character unfortunately. Still cool.

I'm hanging out watching the EA conference now hoping that they show NHL 2010, Madden 10, Tiger Woods, and any new Rock Band info.

EDIT: EA Sports is on now. Talking about Fight Night Round 4.

#1 Drew, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Nintendo Wii is doomed.

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

That's not even the whole thing. They showed a girl actually demo this one game and it looked wild. They also had this creepy ass thing that was the closest to Skynet existing as I've ever seen. It was a computer animated boy that has showed emotion, remembered your name and had conversations with you. Uber creepy.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I envy you Drew. I would love to go to E3 and prowl around. I may be a sony fanboy but I would have absolutely enjoyed the whole show.

5. Christian

Christian Active Member

Drew are you saying Metal Gear Solid 4 is due out for Xbox or is it just that new game Metal Gear Rising?

6. ........

........ Trolls

Just the new MGS game is on Xbox.

The only problem with Project Natal is it's Microsoft. Inevitably, 50% of them will fail within 6 months. Other than that, it looks great.

I'm really tired of exclusive content for cross-platform games, though. The newest is baffling. Beatles Rock Band has an exclusive track that is being sold for charity? So, the purpose is to limit the number of people who will contribute to said charity? WTF is up with that?

7. Christian

Christian Active Member

Oh thats a shame that Metal Gear 4 isnt coming out for Xbox. I would love to see them port it to Xbox or PC but no such luck apparently.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The world is not going to be here much longer. This is freaky.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

No.. this is fucking creepy. It's that Skynet shit I was talking about before.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40E3oq5DGxQ[/YOUTUBE]

10. ........

........ Trolls

So Drew, are you at E3 or just watching the vids? This thread has me confused.

Just talked to a friend who works for G4. She says that the alleged fall/winter 09 release date for Natal is likely a pipe dream and that it will probably end up being a few years down the line and packaged with a pimped out 360 or next gen. However, there is some good hope for it because the guy who did all those crazy tests with the Wii recognition system is working on it. Should be interesting.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

I just saw the Microsoft presser on TV. Most of the other stuff I have seen on YouTube.

There's no way IMO Natal comes out this year. Maybe for the Holidays in 2010. I don't think they will release another console anytime soon. Natal is solving that problem. As of now... how much better can graphics get in all honesty?

In that last video with the kid... if you look at the XBOX where the hard drive goes there is a bigger thing on top of it. Maybe that's a special add on that comes with Natal?

12. ........

........ Trolls

Possible. I'd imagine that the "pimped out" 360 she was talking about would have some kind of upped internals, while not a fully new gen machine.

13. The Dark Knight

Holy shit. That just blew my fucking mind. Skynet indeed. Good grief.

14. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

What's the point of a pimped out 360?
    The games have to be developed for regular 360s, so what can you do to it?

15. ........

........ Trolls

Well, a lot of people are concerned that the 360's processor isn't going to be able to quickly handle the demands of the new device smoothly. Just as they developed new chips to deal with the heat issues, they may start to place a faster processor in them for Natal, or allow it to display at 1080p native. Right now, only the Elite can even properly display a 1080p signal, and it merely upscales games.

16. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

1. Its likely not even real (the video posted). They didnt actually show anything.

2. What Sony has in store (that was shown) is a better idea.
    Nobody is going to play a game without a controller. How do you shoot?

Sony : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiX-26VL4bM

And Nintendo could be fucked. Tiger 10 with Wii Motion Plus is out next week. Im super hyped for it. If Sony had Tiger with what they showed this week i would buy that over a graphically challenged Wii version.

Edit. And there is no way i can swing my driver in any room of this house by playing with "Natal".

#16 xmscott, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  17. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, I think Sony's system is going to be great. The only problem is that it does look like the presentation was thrown together a bit hastily. I doubt we see either one before Q4 of 2010. Sony's been working on that one for quite some time.

I'd love motion control tech to come out quickly for the PS3. I'm not a big fan of the Wii, but I can still appreciate the gimmick from time to time.

18. Drew

Drew Active Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsb0ZEAm3A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie02k3eAvxY[/YOUTUBE]

19. The Dark Knight

I liked that PS3 video. Looked fun and it didn't make me worry for my safety. :)

20. pib01

pib01 New Member

how long will it take to develop any software that incorporates natal? and knowing microsoft they will be charging big bucks for the hardware