X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Aug 3, 2013.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is a debate that does not really need to happen, as we all agree Captain America: The Winter Solider was a well done movie. You are likely in the minority who ranks it ahead of The Dark Knight. Nothing wrong with that. It's your preference.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You seem really invested in this argument.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Exactly.

No, you have the wrong idea buddy - the reason I said that is because you said, "fell far short of the awesome storytelling that TDK was able to deliver"

It's just something to think about. Plus you started throwing down hammers first not me.

4. abyzmul

Hammers? Now I know you have something invested in this argument. Please explain to me exactly what hammers I have thrown down in an argument about comic book movies?

5. The Dark Knight

Probably when you were discussing Thor. Okay, that was lame.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This is why days of future past sucked. Fucking 90% talking.

7. 101GangGreen101

I just quoted it in my previous post.

8. 101GangGreen101

The future fights were pretty awesome and had some brutal deaths. I would have preferred a little bit more action but I really liked it especially after X men 3

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

That scene was cool and quicksilver's scene was great. I was hoping/expecting the rest of the movie to be like that but it was endless dialogue for the most part.

10. abyzmul

U mad

11. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

There were some weird holes in the plot. Why did they "need" to release Magneto?

Why wouldn't they just get the really fast guy to help instead, have him save Peter Dinklage and take the blue girl away, lock her up, and avoid all the drama with Magneto trying to destroy humanity?

Also, the JFK stuff was groan-worthy and stupid.

Also, Wolverine being immortal is kind of a disinteresting element. It's like Superman- nothing can hurt him at all, so how can he be exciting if he can't lose/die? You have to hang that suspense of "oh no, he could lose" but if he's invincible, that drama never exists. That's why Batman > other superheroes, he's just an eccentric crime-fighting billionaire, who could die, but he doesn't- because Batman Stuff.

12. abyzmul

He's not immortal in the comics, although his healing factor keeps him alive and makes him age slow. He actually dies in the original Days of Future Past storyline (in the alternate future); he's disintegrated by a Sentinel and all that's left is his adamantium skeleton.

But he's the most popular character in the movies, so they're not going to do something like that.

[​IMG]

13. The Dark Knight

Quicksilver really was awesome. What a great surprise. Also, to Jets esq's post: Good points, but not a biggie to me.

14. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Now- that would have been completely badass to have seen in the movie. I guess you're right that they didn't want a Wolverine death scene, period, but they absolutely should've put that in the movie. It's just the alternate future, after all and it ends up not happening.

I think they just needed to do a better job of making Wolverine not seem like a "Flightless Superman with Claws" in the movie. It wasn't a crippling problem, but it would've helped a lot.

I watched the 1990s cartoons, but I only remember the basic personalities and powers of the heroes. I should probably netflix some of the earlier movies at least.

15. The Dark Knight

Wait, you haven't seen any of the other movies and just went in and watched X-Men: Days of Future Past? That is pretty bad ass.

16. The Dark Knight

[​IMG]
    Just got back from X-Men: Apocalypse. Ignore the negative reviews. It was a fun movie. Probably my favorite Super Hero Movie of the year. Better than Deadpool, Civil War and of course BvS. It is not as good as First Class or Days of Future Past, but it still is well done. Most X-Men fans will enjoy it.

zace likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You gotta admit it... Phoenix made quite the entrance didn't she...Not sure what to make of the Wolverine cameo though..

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. The Dark Knight

Haha yeah, definitely foreshadowed that. It was awesome. I actually thought they did a great job re-casting Jean, Storm, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler. I was worried I would not like them, but they were cool. Quicksilver stole the show again though.

And yeah, the Wolverine cameo was cool. He was bad ass. Remember in DOFP Beast talked about sometimes no matter what you do, things are destined to happen. Looks like that is the case with Weapon X. Poor Wolverine.

19. The Dark Knight

Here is how I rank the X-Men franchise now (Deadpool not included as I don't think it counts):
    1. X-Men: Days of Future Past
    2. X-Men: First Class
    3. X-Men: Apocalypse
    4. X-Men
    5. The Wolverine
    6. X-2: X-Men United
    7. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    8. X-Men: The Last Stand (pure garbage)

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

X-2 the best X-Men movie and it's not even close.

The Dark Knight likes this.