X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Aug 3, 2013.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Who else is excited for this movie to come out May 2014?

I just saw The Wolverine (which is pretty good)

[​IMG]

but the best part is the post-credits scene that sets up Days of Future Past. It is amazing.

This will combine the cast of the original X-Men movies with the cast of First Class.

People are excited for the next Thor, Captain America, Avengers and Batman/Superman movie, but I might actually be most excited for this film.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I am definitely more excited for this film than the others you mentioned.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Oh yeah the best part of Wolverine was def the credits along with the fight scene with Shingen.

With this cast and Brian Singer, who has been best with this series. It will be amazing.

Have you guys seen Singers twitter...He has been posting pictures of the Sentinels and there is a really good site that they made up for viral marketing

Check it out: http://www.trask-industries.com/#/home

[​IMG]

4. The Dark Knight

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Poeman!

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I haven't been all that interested in the X-men movies that have come out since the first one, but the Future Past story arc was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I'll see this one if I hear good things about it.

6. JetBlue

I haven't been interested since the second, which is the best one and the only one that is really any good.

First Class, like the first X Men, is just okay.

X Men 3 and Wolverine origins are horrible. The Wolverine just looks okay.

Days of Future Past has the potential to be great.

that being said, Marvel's track record isn't any better, so it is hard to criticize the X Men franchise on those merits.

the only great film Marvel has is the first Iron Man. Captain America and the Avengers are both okay. Thor and Iron Man 2 are awful, and Iron Man 3 looks weak. and I don't see Captain America 2 or Thor 2 doing any more business than the first, so it isn't as if Marvel has turned their properties into massive blockbusters. in reality they are ridingthe coattails of RDJ.

7. The Dark Knight

I think you might be being a bit too critical. As super hero movies, I'd say:

X-Men: Pretty good.
    X2: X-Men United: also good.
    X3: The Last Stand: Awful. Truly awful.
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine: not good.
    X-Men: First Class: Best in the series.
    The Wolverine: Pretty good.
    Iron Man: Great.
    Iron Man 2: Okay, but clearly rushed.
    Iron Man 3: Good.
    The Avengers: Great.
    Captain America: Okay.
    Thor: Good.

8. JetBlue

of all the films listed, I think Iron Man 2 is the most unwatchable. X3 and Wolverine Origins are train wrecks of epic proportions that you can at least laugh at them at their awfulness. Iron Man 2 you have no suck luck. it is just a bad remake of the first with, possibly, the least interesting villain of any super hero movie of all time. you can see the thought process in every scene -- hey guys, let's just take the first movie, add War Machine and bunch of drones, and it will be awesome! no, it's not.

9. The Dark Knight

I remember Sam Rockwell being funny in it and Scarlett Johansson looking great. I haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters. but I thought it was okay. You are right though, Mickey Rourke was weak. Not least interesting villain of all time though. That goes to Sandman in Spider-Man 3. Terrible.

10. JetBlue

Spider-Man 3 is like X3 -- you just watch it laughing at the ideas because they are so ridiculous. Iron Man 2 is just aggravating in the laziness of its ideas. I really hate that movie; I tried to watch it a second time to see if my reaction to it was exaggerated simply because of disappointment and it wasn't. It is as awful every time even with lowered expectations.

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I completely agree with this.

Curious about people's opinions of IM3. I actually hated it. I really wanted to love it. I dig RD Jr. and what he does with the character. I was so hopeful they would right the ship, and considering the shit ton of $$ it made, I expected it to be very good. I really thought it blew.

Again, just my opinion, but he OWNS the character, yet 2 of the 4 movies Stark/Iron Man have apeared in sucked ass.

12. The Dark Knight

I don't know about Iron Man 3. It didn't suck like some people say, but it was not amazing like other people say either. RDJ was great, him with the kid was hilarious, but the story was not great and I was not a fan of what they did with the Mandarin.

Nope. Not me. I can never laugh at Spider-Man 3. So so so bad. :)

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ironman 3 wasn't that good to me. It hated the mandarin and the couldn't get the extremis story right, which was actually kinda a reboot.

I cry when I watch spider-man 3. Its that bad. And Topher Grace as Venom did not work out well at all.

Excited about days of future past. It has bishop in it, wonder who else they will cram in it? I wonder if we will get the infamous poster as well?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Iron Man 3 is one of the worst comic book films I have seen

15. JetBlue

I have heard only bad things about Iron Man 3. it didn't look good either.

for all of the applaud they get, Marvel's films aren't good. and once that RDJ well runs dry, it will be interesting to see how far that business drops.

16. The Dark Knight

I think the less you know about Iron Man, the more you could like Iron Man 3. I have a few hardcore Iron Man friends who all seemed to hate it. I didn't know that much about Iron Man history, so I was able to enjoy it at the time.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I love the avengers, and I like how they out the movie together. Not sure how the age of iron ultron will play out, but I look forward to it.

Ironman just wasn't put together well. Mallen was the main villain in the story and the whole point it's how Tony got faster and could keep up with the new villains.

I generally like most marvel movies, but I must say DC animated movies are just add good for the most part. The Flashpoint paradox is just nuts but very interesting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

18. Drew

Drew Active Member

I agree completely.

Days of Future Past sounds pretty amazing. I'm not a big fan of the XMen flicks but this sounds truly awesome. Can't wait.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

same, I absolutely loved that series - though no doubt they will screw it up for the movie (and they are already changing large parts of it I understand).

those scenes when they get to the Baxter Building in the future and Wolvie with his fastball special are just fantastic As a nerd I used to play the Marvel RPG and the scenarios they brought out around this were the best of those I played. Marvel at its best.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:) The Marvel RPG was very flexible in it's rules, very fun to play. I stopped around the age of 13, when girls really came into the picture, but up until then, that was such a great outlet for imagination.

Future past was amazing in that respect, I totally understand your meaning.