WW85's 2017 NY JET'S MOCK DRAFT (2.0)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Mar 18, 2017.

1. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Can you apply for GM next season lol I'd take this draft for sure. Howard seems to be the popular pick now for jets fans, he's been growing on everyone. He helps the passing game and running game so he helps in both areas of the offense, something we desperately need. Teams cant predict what the play is by having a guy like Howard.

I think everyone's ideal situation would be trading back, getting extra picks and being able to grab one of the guys we were thinking about at 6. There's so many talent grouped together that we can get a guy at 12-15 that we wouldn't have minded picking at 6. I finally looked up some tape on foster. That's how the linebacker position was meant to be played. Love Adams, hooker,fournette, cook, Mike Williams, corey Davis. But it's time we start drafting offense and Howard kills knocks down two needs with one pick.

Love the rest of your picks! Let's get this done Mac.

2. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Yea Henry was better then his stats showed to. He shined when gates went down but then stopped using him when gates came back. Dudes gonna be a stud and great replacement for gates. Rivers loves the tight ends

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I normally would want no part of a TE in the top 10...but I'm warming up to Howard for the following reasons:

1) Considering we may have a very inexperienced QB starting a good portion (or all) of the season, I like how Howard can help our struggling Oline in both the run game, and with pass pro when needed. This is something Amaro was utterly useless at.

2) I also think Morton will try to feature the TE in the passing game, which can also be an inexperienced QB's best friend.

3) He seems like a blue chip safe prospect to produce, and produce right away, which is something i prioritize in the Top 10.

4) In typical Jets luck, the premium positions like QB, LT, cover corner, pass rusher, probably won't have blue chip options available at 6 this year.

If we pass on Howard, I think it should be for a QB should they like one enough, or to trade back further into round 1.
    Otherwise I'm onboard with taking Howard at 6..

NCJetsfan likes this.