Woodley fined for Sack

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by German Jets Fan, Nov 8, 2008.

1. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

The play at 1:15 on this Video:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9_I99jqTI[/YOUTUBE]

This is just ridiculous! Come on, this is Football not figure skating.

2. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Maybe some semblance of common sense is starting to appear in the NFL higher ups:

Justin Tuck-DL- Giants Nov. 7 - 8:30 pm et

The NFL has rescinded its $7,500 fine for DE Justin Tuck's "roughing the passer" penalty in Week 9.

The hit shouldn't have produced a flag in the first place, let alone a fine. Commissioner Roger Goodell hadn't even seen the play until Tuck appealed Friday.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Campbell's leg got caught up underneath Woodley's. Potential injury to the QB, that'll draw the fine every time. It's some BS, though.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jenkins should be fined for his one sack on Edwards then. He threw him down like a ragdoll. IT WAS INTENSE!

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Goodell is a fucktard. I hate him. IT'S FOOTBALL!!!

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

'An intimidating manner'?!?!

Jesus Christ....

It's the defense's JOB to intimidate the offense... What the fuck's next?

-'We're getting news that Chicago Bears Linebacker Brian Urlacher has been fined by the league $7,500 for growling while making a tackle, and hurting the Quarterback's feelings'

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The NFL is trying hard to drive away fans. Sooner or later it might start working.

I think if the NFL wants to make it up to the fans, they should announce a general bounty of $10,000 to any defensive player who can make a late helmet to helmet hit on the opposing teams QB. Let's see some old school football!

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

+1 ...........

9. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Seriously.... Someone needs to send Goodell some tape of the REAL football they played in the '60s and '70s... When QBs and WRs were mauled up and down the field, and the game was AWESOME....

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Wow thats lame as hell. The play was very similar, if not less serious then the way Jenkins hit Edwards this past week.

If QB's do not want to play football I suggest they take up another game. Its getting ridiculous.

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

No Fun League

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this league should declare everyone winners at the end of the game and everyone gets a trophy.

13. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

The knee hit that got the Jared Allen suspended was intent to injure all the way.

Most of the other NFL fines are dumb and I love hard nosed football, but that was a good fine. The DL dove at the QBs knee waaay after the ball was out. I don't think he knew the ball was out, thats why its not labeled dirty as hell, but still could have been ugly.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Someone fire this toolbag. I've seen bigger hits in soccer, or apparently the real futbol.

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I disagree. A game can only have one winner, but I think second place should still get a trophy afterward for a hard-fought game. Not too hard, though, obviously, because then someone might get hurt.

16. 624

624 Banned

If Jenkins got fined every time he threw someone around like a rag doll he'd be a very poor man.

17. Beamen

Beamen New Member

On CBS right now they have a feature about how tough Joe Namath was- with Deacon Jones attesting to how much different the mentalitiy was, and how much tougher the QBs had to be back then...

"I could hit him from the top of his head, to the bottom of his feet- wasn't no rules and regulations to protect them... We knew how to go after those knees too..."

That is football

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I can understand protecting the players, but the league is going too far. You can't even tackle someone anymore without worrying about being fined.

19. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ When they started putting rules in preventing players from 'driving' the QB into the turf, is when I think they crossed the line.

From the time you're 5 years old playing pee wee football, you're taught to FINISH each and every tackle... I remember as a kid my coach telling me to keep my feet grinding and pumping all the way until I heard the whistle, sometimes forcing me to push the ballcarrier into the ground for 2 or 3 seconds after he hit the ground.

Any rule that goes against the general instincts of football players I think is too much.

Prohibiting spearing or helmet-to-helmet is fine, but anything more is making it into a joke...

20. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Exactly. Remember the play where, I think it was Kiwaniuka, wrapped up Vince Young and then just stopped because he didn't want a penalty, except nobody blew a whistle and VY ran for a touchdown or whatever.