Willie MCGinest to the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MiamiJet420, Feb 28, 2006.

1. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

According to KFFL.com the Patsies might release him. How would you guys feel if good ole' Mangina brings him in to compliment Sean Ellis? I think it sounds like a great idea. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if it did, i doubt it would be a bad thing.

2. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

As always..at what cost?

3. Pride

Pride New Member

The only reason i wouldnt want to do it is because hes getting older n were trying to go young and rebuild and i would rather win without the Patriots players

4. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

Patriots | McGinest status to be determined soon
    Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:56:40 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports there is no guarantee New England Patriots LB Willie McGinest will be back with the team in 2006. McGinest hopes to rejoin the team. Next week could prove pivotal in deciding whether McGinest returns for a 13th season in New England. He's due to make $8.3 million and will likely be released before a $3.5 million roster bonus comes due in early March, saving the team $6.8 million against the salary cap. What happens from there could be interesting, according to sources close to McGinest. It has been considered a foregone conclusion he would renegotiate with the Patriots and return, just like WR Troy Brown last spring. McGinest is not Brown, however, and sources say he'll leave, if he believes he's being treated unfairly.

5. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

exactly :up:

6. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Dont want him he is getting old already. We need a young guy, to gel with the line so when it hits its peak the young player will too.

7. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Man, the title of this thread is misleading. I hate it when people do that.

I don't think it'll happen. Inter-division signings aren't a rarity, but I'm not sure if the Jets can be big players in the FA this offseason. If anything, I want to see them focus the money on getting guys like Ashworth instead.

8. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

This deserves a suspension for posting a false headline. Let's hope it happens.

9. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

There are always studs out there that some of would like to take a shot at. Usaully some far out ideas but the intentions are good. Sign TO or Alexander or Willie. These are good players but that is not right for the team we have now. We need to let these players go to other teams and deal with it and down the road we should, hopefully, have a sound org. that consistantly challanges for titles.

10. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

No thank you. He'll make a nice addition to whomever he ends up with. But he's strictly a "Luxury" player for teams interested in making a playoff/super bowl run, 34 years old is he?

11. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Read the first post... he's asking if anyone here would support the move of bringing him in... No need for a suspension as far as I can see...

Ellis

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Is he not on social security yet?

13. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

You are so lame with the suspension bullshit. Suspend yourself for wasting space on this thread with an idiotic comment that has nothing to do with the thread in the first place. THis has got to be the only board where everyone is so over ANALytical ansd willing to suspend, ban, booty hump, etc. a fellow fan. Hello! we root for the same team big guy... Get over it. Please.....

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i agree.

i think McGinnest would help and provide some veteran leadership, but I'd rather draft someone who has a bunch of upside so he can learn freshly in our system and gel with our players.

If we were in contention, then McGinest makes more sense; but since we're essentially rebuilding, we may as well just keep bringing in young guys for the future. We also already have McClover who will get another chance this year as long as he stays healthy; that guy is an athletic freak and seems like the type of raw player Mangini and Co. can develop.

As far as signing Pats players goes, I don't care whether or not we sign them, as long as they can contribute, for example, Ashworth.

cheers

15. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

I agree with you about 90% on this one. However, who's going to lead the young lineman. Ellis isn't known to be a locker room force. McGinest brings a championship history, the same way Law did. And arguably, I think the guys around him played better b/c of that.

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

You clearly have potential. Suspension for the content of the Thread, NO. The title could have worded just a pinch different though. Gotta remember, everyone has itchy mouse fingers this time of year. They see a topic like this get posted and click, they come in and expect to hear about a signing.

17. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

If anyone gets suspended for the tilte of their thread it's complete nonsense. It's such a petty little thing. I just don't understand why a mountain has to be made out of a mole hill....

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

true, but...

with another year under their belts and suffering a terrible 4-win season, I think some of the younger players will gain more leadership traits. By now, players like Vilma, Coleman, Barton, and Ellis have established chemistry and should be ready to step it up as vocal leaders.

The championship history clearly doesn't always make a difference as you contradicted yourself. Law had that experience and yet we only had 4 wins, and the D often looked lackluster. Given the circumstances, we couldn't expect much, and I wouldn't expect McGinest to suddenly turn us around and change our attitudes any more than the aformentioned players can.

cheers

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It has to do with a False Thread title. It would erode the board. Take your thread title for instance, "Willie McGuinest to the Jets.....". In reading this thread one could be led to believe that McGuinest was signed by the Jets, especially given the relationship to Mangini. Even if you said the same thing and ended the statement with a question mark, that would have been totally cool.

You just have to be a little careful on this side of the board. There is a BS side of the board where there are far less rules and threads are almost wide open. I am not suggestring that this thread belonged over there. Now, just as an example and not to belittle your thread at all, if you had posted "T.O. to the Jets...", I can almost guarranty you would have gotten a few days off.

Just take what I say constructively. There is nothing wrong with what you posted, but the title was a bit misleading.

20. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

The Guy is older then Mangini.. That would be a hell of a laugh