Why Jets can reach Super Bowl within next 3 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mainejet, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I'll make Whatever the kind of statements I want to make. WTF are you Mother Theresa? If you don't like it find a way to disprove it or STFU. That's fair.

Once again for every fan the only thing CC knows for sure is that Woody has made some poor hiring choices. EVERYTHING else he posts is pure SHIT coming out of the side of his mouth.

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Bowels has great influence on who Macc chooses. No way would Macc draft someoone like Darron Lee. That was Bowles trying to catch lighting again with a Deonne Buccannon wannabe. This offseason should be pretty interesting.

LAJet likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So I guess you would've rather seen Paxton Lynch? Considering how trash he is, I am happy with Lee.

4. boozer32

Well you and his momma are the only ones happy with him. Glad you owned up to that when he is added to the history of lousy Jets draft choices. Wow using Paxton Lynch. We got QB trash right on our roster. You could have stayed local. Lee game is not someone to be hoisted up as better.

5. 101GangGreen101

but thats what I am asking, who do you take with that pick? cause the options weren't great, I dont mind the high upside of Lee ... he was bad his first 2 years w/ sprinkle in some good, I think he can breakout next year

boozer32 likes this.
  6. boozer32

Ok duly noted. Usually a player in the same system doesn't get that much better than what you've already seen. I say he might be a better player under someone else or different team. Bowles does not put him in situations to produce. So what the Jets have here is someone who is trying to figure it out along with the coaches. Just because the picks available weren't that great just taking the BPA does the team a disservice and thus you see the problem with the Jets under Bowels and Macc. BPA available is horrible stratergy.

#66 boozer32, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

BPA strictly does not work. A consideration of need must be added. I see it as a formula really. 70% BPA 30% NEED. You have to consider both for sure.

I agree with your statement to an extent. Again, Lee and Bowles, not on Bowles there. I give Lee this year really, if we don't see more consistency and improvement, he might be cooked. Bowles put Lee in the right situations, Lee's technique leaves much to be desired. It's inconsistent as heck. Lee has always been around the ball, but he needs to finish plays plain and simple. In the right situation, needs to execute.

I get on Bowles for the inability to generate a pass-rush. That is the main issue with Bowles right now

#67 101GangGreen101, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    boozer32 and CotcheryFan like this.
  8. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

This is one of the many reasons I'm a huge fan of this game. In England where I'm from, unless you have a rich Middle Eastern or Russian owner, you cannot possibly win the Premier League. The same sides have dominated for so long and they demand all the money, so it will never change.

Parity, the draft, the cap, free agency etc are all reasons why any franchise can turn their fortunes around in such a short space of time and it's part of what makes the NFL so exciting. If you'd have said the Eagles would win the Super Bowl any time soon when Chip Kelly was in charge, you'd likely be as nuts as someone who predicted the Jags of two years ago would be in the championship game this year.

It's also why it's so frustrating supporting the Jets. Despite playing with the same deck of cards as everyone else, and with New York being a market obsessed with sport and a great fan base, I have little confidence we'll spend that $100m any more wisely than 50cent would. I hope I'm wrong. It's the hope that kills ya!

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Between the 32 teams, there's around 300 young, talented kids on various practice squads around the league. We've had our own PS raided from time to time. All we have to do to get one or two is to give them a starting job. Say Center. Or TE. Or Guard. We wouldn't do this if our own starters are good, but if we have starters that Macc would love to cut then cut those starters. Scan the PS wire and bring in a promising player (or 2) and give him the keys. It would cost virtually nothing to replace a below avg starter with a diamond in the rough. That's what we have position coaches for. Heck we probably pick up a few mill of cap space.

I hate dropping $18M on losers like Revis. #notmyDB

10. boozer32

That sums it up perfectly. Teams come out of nowhere and surprise the league. You would think the law of averages would get around to the Jets. Its been far too long.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Which is why I know it's not luck, it's incompetence. It's like the little kid walking around the mall lost, looking for his mother, while she's walking around looking for him - neither has a plan or a system - and so they wander around crossing each other's path but never actually running into each other. The Jets haven't had a coherent plan in decades, or if they did, they failed to get everyone on the same page. They need to stop and do a re-set and make a plan based on a philosophy, and then get the people to implement it, FO, CS, and players. Enough of this wandering in the "mall".

boozer32 likes this.