Why does Geno Smith receive so much hate?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, May 5, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Stop. The better shot of making the playoffs with this roster is Fitz.

He's not going to lose games like Geno.

_

jetsons likes this.
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

To me Geno just isn't a leader....Who the fuck would want to follow this scrub into battle?

jetsons likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I do not put most Jet fans in that category. That is not my intention. I'm sadly stating that the Jets fan base is unfortunately the only one infested with such morons.

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Actually there have been others. When Vinny Testaverde played with the Bucs some fans put up a sarcastic billboard basically saying he was color blind and that's why he threw so many picks.

5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I think the new administration thinks he can play well enough. They have seen the same game film as we have. I trust that they will do the right thing. They certainly know the game better than me.
    Am I the only one on this board who thinks the professional coaches running the Jets are more qualified to make this call than us?

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Expound on the bold. Because if he takes responsibility for his shit play then that's being accountable imo.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Wow, did not know that.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

???

9. legler82

It was only one fan because he has "THICK SKIN" whereas Mark Sanchez didn't. THIN SKINNED Sanchez cursed out a lot more…Oh wait!

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Pretty scary that people booed a 23 year old the way they did last season. Guy as Mike Francesa says "Heza baybee".

I think the fact about how bad Sanchez and the Jets QB has been does nothing to help Geno, likewise stories about him coming late to a team meeting only compound everything.

Petty will get booed in a matter of snaps if he isn't performing well if/when his time comes too. The Jet fans will continue to boo poor QB play no matter how green of a signal caller someone is until someone shines. I don't think that does any good for a young signal caller but alas. Jet fans boo our QBs harder than they do the opposition, not sure if any other fanbase can proclaim such a feat.

11. legler82

It's that THICK SKIN!

12. BakerMaker

There were a lot of duds as far as performance goes last season yet it was only one guy getting booed. Antonio Allen never got booed, Brian Winters neither. I think Jet fans will continue to boo poor QB play until someone pulls an Andrew Luck/Russell Wilson and just magically shine from snap one. For Bryce Petty's sakes, lets hope he figures it out if/when he steps onto the field because he will have no mercy from the Jet faithful.

13. BakerMaker

That's taking Willie Colon doesn't commit a penalty.....and I think you and I have a better chance of winning the lottery than Willie Colon stringing together a drive or two without any false starts/holding calls.

14. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i've never thought to boo someone. it just seems weird to me, like geno is only a couple years older than me so he's still a kid. sure he's not great at football, but i still dont think he should be booed. i support anyone that puts on a jets uniform as long as they're a good person, and by all accounts geno seems like a really good kid that tries hard and just hasn't put it together yet

BakerMaker likes this.
  15. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

He had Decker, Kerley, and Harvin last year and he still stunk more often than not.

16. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Not really

Decker missed 1 or 2 games and left another 2-3 early
    Kerley sadly disappeared a long time ago
    Harvin played a half a season and other than KC/MIN he was not very good

The year before that doesn't even need to be explained. Whoever is the QB this year will have a legit NFL worthy WR core for the first time in a long time.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

because he hasnt played very well.

18. Will-I-Am-Not

The only game Decker missed was the San Diego game; a game Geno was pulled at halftime from for poor play. You can make all of the excuses you want for him, go watch the Buffalo home game from last season if you need more evidence, he's a terrible QB, who makes poor decisions in the pocket. Better receivers aren't going to do enough to overcome his shortcomings IMO.

19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Those aren't excuses they are just facts. You can't say he had a good core when he didn't. There are plenty of other reasonable arguments such as the poor decisions in the pocket ^. Same situation when Mark Sanchez didn't have any WR's after Tone/Braylon/Cotchery broke up. When his number one guy was Chaz Schilens, there were other arguments that were valid and true but he had weapons and sucked wasn't one of them.

20. Will-I-Am-Not

They aren't facts they're your opinions. You believe his receivers were subpar, I on the other hand believe his receivers were, while not great, good enough, and not the main reason Smith played so poorly.

jetsons likes this.