Who's next to go?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dabrowsk1, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

It sucks if it is KM. He was one of the last I thought/hoped would go. Having said that I think it is kind of exciting. He was getting older but still performed well. EM has a plan of action and I can't wait to see what it is. Screw the weed out the old and groom the new. If we are going to stink next year, let's stink. We can have an equally bad record and still be a better team. I hope that's the case.

2. alwaysbeenajetsfan

alwaysbeenajetsfan New Member

i don't think the age thing is a vaild agrument imo. there have been plenty of centers and other olinemen who have performed at high levels at 35 and older to like 41. I did not want to see mawae go. but... with the age thing, in a few years Mawae will probably be done, so I guess it's good to get someone new in there who can start to learn. But if we had a chance before at playoffs, this might be what breaks the camel's back.

3. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

OK

That's one more over paid for his current and future ability.

Cut the cap and the string on Kendall next ....and you're right "JetTerp" it sends a message that can't wait until Friday.

#23 LV Coach, Mar 1, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  4. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

I am really buying this conspiracy theory. Why cut Mawae now with two days left before the deadline? Perhaps this move was not only to motivate Penny by Friday, but some other players who they are re-negotiating with now also? Anyone hear anything on Coles restructuring?