Who were the two members of the Jets offense that say CP should be cut?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Feb 17, 2006.

?

Which 2 offensive players said Chad should be cut?

1. Kevin Mawae

31.4%
  2. Jason Fabini

15.7%
  3. Curtis Martin

2.0%
  4. Laverneus Coles

12.7%
  5. Justin McCareins

32.4%
  6. Adrian Jones

6.9%
  7. Pete Kendall

41.2%
  8. Brandon Moore

12.7%
  9. Brooks Bollinger

11.8%
  10. Other

19.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mkind16

Mkind16 New Member

I'm guessing that McCareins is one because he gets ragged on a lot for not living up to this contract. The other may be Fabini since he gets a lot of flack for letting Chad get hit. Besides, he probably has a week left with the team, he's got nothing to lose. I highly doubt Martin, Mawae, Sowell, Jones, or Coles said anything.

2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Only two guys said it but every one of them is thinking it. I was strongly against signing Chad to that stupid overpriced deal, but most of you loved it and called him our QB of the future. A vast majority of you said it would cost a lot more if we waited a year.

Well sad top say the darksiders were right, and Chad is a noodle-armed statue made of glass.

Cut him and take the cap licking this year so we can start fresh next year. No team is going to make him a starter or even garrantee him a shot at a #1 position, so why should we?

3. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Jones and Moore. Two guys that are supposed to protect him, and hear about it if they don't.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Mawae is hitting medapause so lets say him...

ok seriously, Mawae cuz he's currently being a dick, and Kendal for all of the obvious reasons

5. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I said a few weeks ago Chad would say no, and people posted that the Jets had all the leverage and I was wrong. I don't know if it got hostile or not, I don't really remember. I wish we still had the posts so I could bump it again, I mean it was common sense but it's nice to see myself get vindicated.

Seriously, why would any athlete sign a contract expecting to take a paycut afterwards? That's such a retarded management decision. People would defend Bradway claiming in the NFL you don't see the money you sign for, but that's if it's tail end base salaries, not in huge signing bonus and salaries the first few years, that makes you virtually uncuttable. I'm glad Bradway has been demoted, he just has absolutely no clue how to negotiate contracts or judge the value of a player.

Sorry for the tangent, anyway, to the thread: I bet it was a defensive player if anything. Maybe an O-lineman. But I think usually offenses are more loyal to their QB, and a defense is willing to point fingers on the O, especially when the O is what failed the past 2 years. It could have been Law even, since he's still technically a Jet I believe. It would be truly hilarious if it was Chad himself, but obviously I don't think that is likely.

6. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

doubt it was coles. thought those 2 were in love

7. Ten

Ten Active Member

I can't see Kendall making those comments.Yes he isn't afraid to speak his mind and he has criticized the team as a whole but as far as i'm aware he has never singled out another player.

Mawae is often up front about his feeling but he's not the kind of person who would insult someone when telling them how he feels.

I do reckon one of the guys is an o-linemen.I reckon Fabini could be a good shout,he was the guy who got beat against the jags which tore chads arm for the 2nd time.Plus he's always struck me as a bit of bitter yet honest person.

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Why would an athlete agree to a pay cut, after getting 22 million in two years for sitting on IR? How about he isn't worth shit in the FA market? How about he's washed up? This offer included what, 8 mil in incentives? Penningtom KNOWS he's done. He knows he can't play this year.

The comments about him not even getting hit hard, and still getting injured are spot on. Plus, how many fumbles did he have last year? It wasn't like he was getting blind sided, he saw those soft tackles coming, and refused to protect the ball. If I was his O lineman, I'd be getting pissed too. China doll.... let him go NOW.

9. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Other - Nobody.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Who voted for Curtis Martin? I'd like to have some of what you're smoking.

11. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I hope no one minds me posting this, but I had no idea what you guys were talking about until I read the article. (remember, I'm an out of towner lol)

'JUST CUT HIM'

By MARK CANNIZZARO
    February 17, 2006 -- The Jets are feverishly attempting to come to an agreement with Chad Pennington to restructure the quarterback's contract before March 3, which marks the start of the NFL's new year, a time when teams must get under the salary cap.
    But while the Jets continue to negotiate with Pennington's agent, there are rumblings within with organization about whether the Jets should keep the injury-plagued quarterback at all.

Two members of the Jets' offense told The Post they believe the Jets should release Pennington.

The comments reveal a definite crack in a foundation that was built with Pennington as the leader in the Jets' locker room as well as the face of the franchise.

"I think we should release him; he's too injury-prone," one player said.

"He's like an egg back there," another player said, referring to Pennington's fragility. "I mean, look at the ways he's gotten hurt. He hasn't even been hit that hard. The injuries have come from awkward hits and falls. I think we should just cut him."

That's easier said than done, because cutting Pennington would subject the Jets to a $12 million salary-cap hit in 2006. For a team that's already some $26 million over the cap, that's a daunting prospect.

Pennington, who still is not even throwing after the second rotator cuff surgery on his right shoulder in two seasons, is due a $3 million roster bonus on March 3, a bonus the Jets have no intention of paying at the moment. He also is due to make $6 million in base salary this year.

The Jets are trying to get Pennington to agree to a more cap-friendly deal, something they're talking to Curtis Martin and other players about doing as well. With Pennington and Martin, the Jets are trying to restructure the pacts so they have low base salaries but can recoup the rest in incentives.

Pennington, who signed a seven-year, $64 million contract at the end of the 2003 season, has played in 16 games in the past two seasons. Including the $18 million signing bonus, he's collected $22 million in guaranteed money since signing the deal.

The huge contract was a result of the marvelous season Pennington had in 2002, when he took over for injured Vinny Testaverde and led the Jets from the dregs of a poor start into the playoffs, where they won a wild-card game and lost in the divisional round.

After that, Pennington was considered a star on the rise. Then came the injuries, one after another after another.

He suffered fractured bones his left wrist and hand after falling awkwardly in a preseason game against the Giants. That cost him the first six-plus games of the following season.

In 2004, Pennington suffered a right shoulder injury against the Bills in the eighth game, and missed the next three starts before returning to finish the season with what was later revealed as a tear in his rotator cuff.

Offseason surgery followed, but he never was right from the beginning of last season, throwing with even less zip on the ball than he was able to muster before the injury. Facing Jacksonville in the third game last season, he had his right arm pulled back awkwardly on a sack and suffered another tear of the rotator cuff, ending his season.

Pennington is 21-15 as a starter in the regular season, with a 2-2 postseason record. His best chance to regain a starting job is with the Jets; if he is released, Pennington likely will have to sign with another team for the veteran minimum and vie for a backup job.

The bottom line is this: The Jets and Pennington need each other.

12. Penny2Moss

Penny2Moss New Member

Ok It wasnt Martin he is way to class for shit like that, it wasnt Coles I hope because they are good friends and Chad was determined to get him back, Mawae is a classy and b) I think if he said it he would have said whatever you can say I said it

13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Steve Morely and Dante Ridgeway. Seriously though, I couldn't think of any of those guys saying that to the media. As far as Fabini and Kendall, they're both facing possible releases, so they're probably more concerened with their own status than anyone else's. I think Curtis and Mawae, as well as anyone else who was on that 2002 team, is still behind Chad. Coles is out of the question, those guys are like brothers. McCareins, Jones, Bollinger all seem too passive to go to the media with that. I'm thinking that the two players are no-names, or this whole story is just BS.

14. SMoss89

SMoss89 New Member

Truthfully, i think it was Laverneaus Coles. I dont know what the hell his problem was when he was here in Washington. Im glad he went to the Jets for Santana Moss, he went from a team on the uprise to a team heading towards demolishing.

15. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Were not demolishing were rebuilding wach what you say on another teams board:mad:

16. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I beleive it was Fabini and Kendall. Kendall like said in other posts is always up front about the media and expected a ring coming hear. Fabini was probobly tired of getting blamed for getting Chad killed as he was poor as a left tackle at the start of this year and he got Chad killed on the play he got hurt this year against Jacksonville. I also think it has something to do with both of them getting cut when they have played to their full potential with the team and have been good. While Chad isnt leavin anytime soon meanwhile he hasnt played one full season.

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hehe. . . Kendall seems to have a less-than-trustworthy reputation. :)

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone said it (maybe two scrubs), but if it was someone of importance, Kendall seems like the kind of guy who would say that, although I bet he wouldn't care if they used his name or not. Mawae, too.

19. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Coles and JMac, they are sick of fluttering passes.

20. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I'm going with Captain Obvious and No Shit