Who do you want to win week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Aug 25, 2017.

?

Who do you want to win week 1?

1. Jets

2. Bills

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

With all this doom and gloom from so many posters, I want to see who is REALLY going to sit down on Sundays this year and root AGAINST our Jets. I can't imagine doing so as a fan.

We will be 1-0 on September 10th an I will ecstatic about it.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Always want the win, expectations are something different

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I don't want the Bills to win but I think they will. It's going to be a long season.

Cman68 and K'OB like this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I want one or two wins. 0-16 is embarrassing, even for us. So I will root for that win until we get it.

Also we pissed on the Bills twice last year with an old shitty team I can see us winning Week 1. 12-9 ball game.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's hard to say. As peabag alluded, there's a difference between wanting and expectations. I guess I'm gonna go with a loss.

I think the Jets will only win 2-3 games this year, and I don't want them to win more unless Hack or Petty have a great breakout season and lead the team to 5-6 wins. If the Jets only win 2 games, I'd love to see them be against the Patriots, but I know that isn't going to happen. I'd also like to see all their victories come at home for the sake of the Jets fans in attendance. Then again, I'd like to be able to see those victories and the local CBS affiliate NEVER shows the Jets, so I'll likely never see those victories if they come at home. The 10/8 game at Cleveland and the 10/22 game at Miami are both on Fox, and I'd have a good chance of seeing them, so from a selfish perspective, I'd like for the team to win those two games. The 10/29 game against the Falcons is at home and on Fox, but I know the Jets will have no chance in that game and it will probably be a blowout. The 11/26 game is at home vs the Panthers and is also on Fox. The way the Panther's D is playing under their new DC, the Jets' offense might have a chance to do something against them, and if Newton is out or still struggling with a sore shoulder, the Jets might surprise in that game. I don't think the Jets would win that game, but I'd like for them to.

I despise the Dolphins and the Bills pretty equally, so on one hand, I'd like for the 2 victories to be one each against them. On the other hand, both could be competition for the #1 pick in the 2018 draft and I surely wouldn't want either of them to get the QB we want and need.

As much as I'd hate losing to every single AFC East team 2x this season, that's what I this is probably best in terms of draft position. I want there to be no chance of Miami or Buffalo beating us out for the top 1-2 spots of the draft. I don't want to beat the Browns and Jaguars, either as they may be our top competition for the #1 pick in the 2018 draft, but I think both teams are more talented than the Jets (and maybe moreso than the Bills or Dolphins) and better coached than the Jets so, they'll probably win more games than the Jets.

The problem is that if we only win 2-3 games, they're most likely to come against Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland or Jacksonville. I do hope we win at least one game.

If the Jets only win 2-3 games this season, I'd like for them to be the 11/2 home game vs the Bills (on NFL Network & I may get to see it) and either the 9/24 home game vs the Dolphins, the 11/26 home game against the Panthers, or the 12/24 home game vs the Chargers.

I hope the Jets' D plays very well, plays smart, hard-nosed, disciplined football, keeps the score close, but the opposing team wins most weeks late in the 4th Qtr. I hope the offense surprises, but not enough to screw up draft position unless Hack or Petty REALLY surprise and play great.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

shoot me in the face already

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Go Bills. Fuck this mediocrity. Secure the top pick. Yes I am a lousy fan. I suck as a Jets fan.

Cman68, NY Jets68, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  8. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the Jets demolish the Bills. But I know that won't happen, so just a squeaker win will be my hope.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Week 1, and some 'fans' are rooting for us to lose to a divisional rival.
    just wow

DefenseWinsChampionships and FJF like this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Only root against the Jets at the end of the season for draft position. If we can win week 1 play the home opener 1-1 with Miami, Jacksonville and the Browns the next 3 opponents. That's our season right there if we hope to respectable.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Do you really want to lose to Buff if McCown is the starter? I know seeing the young kids play and win is the main thing but if Josh is the starter I will root for the team the same as if Petty or Hack is playing since I gotta watch them for 4 months. Where we wind up and how much the young kids play will take care of itself. Once the season starts its about winning and nothing else or I couldn't and wouldn't watch

BacktoQueens likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If you picked the Bills, you are a loser and need to get a new hobby. In the end, football is a game. You don't just show up to lose or tank. Life is too short. You could get hit by a bus before the Jets' 2018 1st Round Pick even takes the field.

13. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

4-1 start baby. If we pull it off, we have a shot this year.

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for us to go 2-14 with two wins vs. New England...Beat the Patsies and get a top 3 pick for our future QB.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just wow that at this stage of the preseason and all through 3 months of chatting on here and the 3000 threads on the matter that you still don't understand why some fans would want the team to lose for one season.

Do you really think they would normally be hoping to have the shittest season ever, I mean come on, we are going to have it regardless what anybody is a root a toot tooting for :rolleyes:

5 wins kills the jets for another season and another season and well you get the picture, so we win 5 games and remain 4 million miles off a superbowl and going nowhere yet again.

Haven't you heard the rebuild is on at last, it isn't a tank, it is a rebuild, we need to get the number 1 pick for many possibilities, to some it is for a new FQB, for others it is to make the OL and the rest of the team a whole lot stronger and then and only then produce your FQB into a situation similar to Prescott at the Cowboys.

Here's hoping 0-2 wins gives us number 1 maybe 3 but I already feel that may not be good enough for the top spot.

Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. BacktoQueens

we don't 'need' the #1 overall pick, and going winless is not how you rebuild, it's how you destroy a franchise.

frankly, it's idiotic to root for a loss week 1...especially against a div opponent.

sec314 and FJF like this.
  17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I absolutely can't root against the Jets. I don't think they will win. It's realistically probably a 2-3 win type season, but I'll be pulling for them every game.

FJF likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

We play NE week 17. If we have any chance of ruining their home field advantage, I want that win big time.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

When the games are going on I am rooting for the Jets to win. However I understand that if they lose its probably better for them in the long term since this upcoming draft is supposed to be a strong one for QB's which the Jets desperately need.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG now the infighting to see who is a more loyal fan????

Gimme a break..If you enjoy the agony of 1 or 2 win Season how's about more of the same for another 10 seasons WITHOUT a FQB

Anyone here who doesn't see how many teams improved e.g. Eagles, Bucs by grabbing a blue chip QB has to be nuts...sorry

Posters like myself Boozer, 49 and Counting and yes Champ have been waiting for a miracle way before most of present posters were conceived....THERE IS NO GREATER LOYALTY To NYJs

That off my chest..a Buffalo Win vs our loss is a MUST if we are going to beat them out for a future QB selection!!!!!

Did any of you younger guys ever play Stratego???? Lol

TBH We suck anyway guys ..my Jet Jacket is gathering mothballs and I am sick of this S##t...no difference if we are zero and 16 or 2 -14...BUT tis better to lose more this season

JMHO