When is the last time an upcoming season had such little excitement/expectations?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Jun 28, 2017.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

How do u know this team is gonna be fun and aggressive? At what point did our coach indicate to u he's gonna coach his ass off and these kids will get smart. Without a qb no team is fun to watch even with some good young talent.

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm a lot more excited for this season than I was for last season. 2015 was clearly a statistical anomaly as far as Fitz goes. And we missed the playoffs with as easy a schedule as you could possibly ask for. So what chances did we have in 2016 against a much tougher schedule and all our players even older and slower?

At least this year there's a reason to watch. So many young players to develop. Could be the beginning of something great.

hwismer, themorey, TonyFtLaud and 2 others like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Can we keep the unicorns in the barn until we see a game or two?

Jets69 likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What unicorn are you referring

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The coach s expected to do that. If not then the next change is right at the coaching position. I don't know that of course, nor do you know now that we don't have a QB yet.

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it will but unlike last year, there's at least a possibility of something good happening this year.

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Will you stop trying to be positive, can't you see it isn't wanted or required around these parts :rolleyes:

themorey likes this.
  8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

9. Ralebird

All the unicorns with the stars in their eyes and the hearts and flowers in their wake as they romp through the clouds and over the rainbows of the fantasy world some guys here live in.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're right of course, but evidently some people just want to be negative and enjoy the doom and gloom or the only way they can deal with a situation/season like this is to expect absolutely nothing so they don't wind up getting disappointed. It's a self-defense mechanism. It's sad. I can understand it because of our team history, but it's still sad.

Based on some of the comments, you'd think some posters have never seen a young team play or when they did, didn't notice how the players are more aggressive and hungry, because they're trying to win spots on the team and create a niche for themselves. You'd also think they knew nothing about the players we drafted, and how we have a faster team, with some excellent young prospects who are leaders and hard-working types who love the game. You'd also think they know nothing about new members of our CS who are fiery, demanding and in the faces of the players when they mess up.

Bowles may be a stoic, crappy, POS excuse for a HC, but that doesn't mean that offensive players won't be prepared or play hard for Morton, OLBs won't be prepared or play hard for Greene, RBs won't be prepared or play hard for Stump Mitchell, or that the WRs won't be prepared or play hard for Karl Dorrell.

That said, I understand that their comments are all part of the self defense mechanism. It's easier or safer for some to take that approach.

#50 NCJetsfan, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    LAJet likes this.
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

In jet world the glass is half empty. That's not being negative it's been earned by this team. I have heard these same arguments from you Joe positives year after year. Until I see it with my own eyes I will expect the worst and hope for the best.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As they say in Missouri: "Show Me"

KurtTheJetsFan, Jets69, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nicely said NC. I'm actually looking forward to see this young team in action. Competition across the board, and a pre-season full of surprises, possibly many disappointments but also a few unexpected jewels will flourish and make the team. We will not have to deal with retaining many overpaid vets with marginal contributions, but rather a more holistic look at who will become part of our future and who unfortunately will not make the cut. Just the idea of finding out how much progress will Hack and Bryce make is exciting. We might finally find out if we have something or not. In either case there is no better time to find out that now, since we unfortunately squandered last year with the narrow minded Fitz at all cost approach.
    Like it or not its a youth movement for the long term, and Bowles better demonstrate he knows what to do with it. The new guard is in, and a young group of leaders like Allen and Lee and Hack and Anderson and Mo will have to rally the troops. Win or loose I'm behind this approach. Our long suffering past has demonstrated that buying talent for near term success has always fallen painfully short. It's time to build thru the draft.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

THIS

We all can only hope this team is as bad as everyone says.

Remember Manginis first year when they went 10-6? That was supposed to be a horrendous team as well.

15. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

The problem with this team is that they will likely be unwatchable once McCown gets hurt. Petty and Hackenberg are atrocious.

Jets69 likes this.
  16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

1995. The team was completely torn down and it felt a lot like this. Idiot coach and no talent on either side of the ball.

17. Ralebird

And you make this declaration based on...what?

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How the fuck do you know hackenberg is awful, I wish you hating weirdos would put up your secret footage of him in action since his college days, it must be awful as you are all convinced he is shit, us normal fans are hanging on waiting to see him in action, you could put us out of our misery with some recorded footage of him in the jets uniform.

I look forward to watching it when I am back from work, cheers.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It will be tough. I always watched the Jets as much as I could no matter where I was in the world. I thought last year was ugly this year might make me wish for last year. Top to bottom really nothing to get excited about. Even if McCown plays well and wins 5-6 games that will ruin the tank and take us out of the QB derby. It will also push Hack back another year. Another year of waiting for him to hit reporters in the head on the sidelines during OTA's.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The one thing I can take from this upcoming season is that the Jets aren't as fckd up as the Knicks... Yet.

westiedog1 likes this.