what round you would consider joe mixon?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RubenDias, Jan 30, 2017.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think that once the top four RBs are off the board it is time to get serious about taking Mixon.

Until Kamara is taken I would hold off on taking Mixon (even if I did think he was the better of the two).

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I get that and agree. There will be an immediate PR hit and possibly he is a thug but I guess to me the reward far outweighs the risk. Screw it, grab him at the top of the 3rd. I atleast want someone to look forward to watching on Sundays.

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

I'm not touching this guy in any round

4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

The incident with the parking lady last year is not cool. He obviously did not learn enough from cold clocking the girl. Bitch (Mixon) needs to learn and get in line.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Round 2, Mixon is a STUD.

James Hasty and Nesquik like this.
  6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Jets have the infrastructure or the nurtured culture to take a risk on a player, such as Mixon. And I don't see how having Mixon in the NY market will be beneficial him in any way. As for the thread, I'm not sure how any one can answer this question without having met him or spoken to him. Mixon's actions were absolutely reprehensible, but I don't that blackballing players from the league really accomplishes much, assuming it isn't a consistent pattern of abuse. Sure, the league will have taken a stand. But that line of thinking ignores the ramifications that a said "stand" will have on victims from a financial standpoint (see Josh Brown situation). I'm also dubious of the NFL's stand being genuine. If there were no video recorded of this incident, would anyone really expect him to fall out of the top 50? After all, this information was WIDELY reported in 2014 and no one seemed to care until this video was leaked.

I personally wouldn't take him, but I certainly understand why a team would take him.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

According to this video, this is exactly where Mixon belongs:

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Mixon is a total beast and a definite 1st round talent if the off the field stuff doesn't happen...I'd take him in Rd2

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

No round. Knocked out a woman he can go fuck himself.

joe, NCJetsfan and Dom like this.
  10. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Joe mixon might be the better running back talent wise in this class his vision quickness power catching ability i mean if you watch him play its unbelivable.

11. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

With as Sh#tty as our second round picks have been I think the 2nd would be the obvious answer. I'd take him in the second every day of the week and twice on Sunday over Hack, Devin Smith, Jace Amaro, Steven Hill, Vlad... ect.

12. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

He's going on the first....... book it...... and everyone saying I wouldn't draft him know this...... someone will draft him..... why not us if a miracle happens and he's there with our second round pick

13. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I think detroit gonna draft joe mixon in the first round tbh they showed a lot of interest in him

14. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

LOL! I laugh whenever someone talks about the Pats having an identify of winning. No team has an "identity" of winning. It's all about talented and coaching. Some teams have it, some teams don't, but it always goes in circles. The Steelers spent 40 years from the 1930's to the 70's sucking, then they landed a great coach and aced some good drafts, viola! Dynasty. Pats sucked for 40 years then they hit the lottery with Brady and to an extent with Bellichick, who was given time to evolve into a great HC (because he made a bunch of mistakes in Cleveland). Pack sucked for 20 years before Holmgren, Favre and White, Cowboys haven't won a PO game in 20 years, etc. These teams have no blueprint, they hired good coaches and were able to land franchise QB's (which involves some luck). All have gone through long periods of darkness before finding the right combos. We just have to keep going until we find ours.

BTW I can't fault a guy for hitting back against someone who hit him first. Woman or not, don't put your hands on someone unless you can deal with the blowback. This is not a Greg Hardy situation.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Sounding like he is rising up the draft boards, which is very unfortunate. Was hoping we could get him in 3rd rd, now that seems unlikely at best.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why not? Because he's a thug and a punk, and I don't want players like that playing for the Jets. I don't care how talented he is. He has no character.

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Have you seen the video footage ?

I looked it up the other day and it is utterly outrageous, I thought ah if it was self defence he has been lambasted but blimey he tried to knock her head into next week and she barely touched him, he is a scumbag of the highest order and should not be seen in green or white (hmm) at all.

So that will be him taken in the 3rd as best player available to us :eek:

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Read up on the players in the NFL.... it might surprise you how many players are less than model citizens lol

19. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

For me, I know that in each of our lives, we all make at least one dumb mistake that we all rue and wish we could relive it and do it differently. I know I have, especially when you're a kid barely out of high school. Perhaps in Mixon's case, this was the one. He's expressed his regrets openly and has moved on with his life. It's less about condemning a person for the rest of his life and more about understanding and dealing with it to make a person better. I don't know the man personally but he seems to me the type of person humbled by this experience. New York can be very forgiving ( see Michael Vick) why not give Mixon a shot in the green and white?

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Good post, problem is sounds like he's been too remorseful lol and is shooting up the boards. I think he's the best RB in draft and If he makes it to our 2nd rd pick and Jets don't plan on a QB at that spot I'd have no problem if he was the pick.