What QB do we draft now?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BacktoQueens, Feb 26, 2018.

?

Who do we draft at QB?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2018.
  1. Allen

10.6%
  2. Mayfield

33.3%
  3. Darnold

13.6%
  4. Rosen

28.8%
  5. Jackson

3.0%
  6. Rudolph (after round 1)

3.0%
  7. Falk (after round 1)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (after round 1)

6.1%
  9. No one

1.5%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!! SMH

abc likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

wow what an insightful and informative post, no wonder everyone looks up to you. men want to be you, women want to be with you. Hell you change my whole outlook on football and life with this amazing post. You truly are a god among men.

TonyFtLaud, FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

Glad to see that you finally realized it! LOL Based on your reply to my post and your comments in other posts, there was absolutely no point in responding otherwise. You think you know everything and we are at polar extremes in our views. I've danced with you before and it was like talking to a brick wall. The very fact that you think that Jackson is such a great QB prospect and that Mayfield is limited talent wise tells me all I need to know about your perspectives.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This is also true. I would take Darnold over Lamar too. Him and Rosen to me are tops in the rankings. I think Jackson is a lot closer to Mayfield and farther away from the Mason Rudolphs. I would chose Jackson over Mayfield.

FJF likes this.
  5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

My avatar has been of Josh Rosen ever since the A&M game.

Josh Rosen took a beating in that game. Defense had his number the entire 1st half. A QB who doesn't love the game just rolls over and continues to get beat.

He can make all the throws and can carry a team on his back. The Jets will need to improve the OLine with any QB, but protecting Rosen will be critically important. If we can manage to come out of the draft with Rosen as our FQB, we will have a very bright future.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Allen is going to be the best QB in the class unless Darnold goes to NYG and he sits for 1-2 years and develops under Eli. His throwing motion needs to be fine tuned. If the Browns take him he’s finished.

I remember Marino having a terrible final season at Pitt and the pundits writing him off and this is exactly how I feel about Allen. He reminds me so much of Marino. His mechanics are excellent, his size is ideal and his arm is elite. If we pass on him like we did Marino I’ll be done with Mac once and for all!

Lamar Jackson is truly a wild card because his floor is very low but his ceiling is extremely high. I see him as RG3 that is bigger, better and is more a football player. We all know being the type of player he is, it will be tough to keep up with the pounding he’s going to take but i believe he will have the best start to his career over all the QBs in the draft.

7. GasedAndConfused

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there are a ton more here as well https://imgur.com/gallery/w9IMz

see the difference between us, is i'm able to see all sides of the board, I don't have a "stance" outside of whatever improves the team. While I don't think mayfield, allen, or rosen will improve the team, i also accept that if mac chooses them i'll be rooting for them to succeed. You just have your own opinions but try to present them as facts and belittle anyone else, while projecting your own attitude onto them and it's quite obvious to a large portion of the board. You are entitled to your opinion, but acting like an ass to anyone that doens't agree is not the way to get people to see your side, neither is refusing to engage in any discussion

TonyFtLaud, themorey, Rockinz and 2 others like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

BS! Utter BS! Not true at all.

There are plenty of people on here with whom I can carry on a civil, respectful, intelligent conversation, even when we disagree. There have been plenty of times where I have changed my opinion due to the sound logical reasons they give. I am always happy to learn, and want what's best for the team.

The ones with whom I don't have proven themselves to not be respectful to me or whose opinions are polar opposites from mine and I've learned that it's a waste of time to try to discuss things with them because their mind is closed or they believe in their opinions/perspectives as strongly as I do mine. In that situation, there's no real point in discussing. No one's mind will be changed. You fall into that category.

NYJetsO12 and abc like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

10. GasedAndConfused

I have never been disrespectful to anyone here even when they've done so towards me. I also don't have a hard stance which you accuse me of. so either you have me confsed with someone else or you should re-read the pics i posted because even as you continue to claim they are "utter BS" objectively speaking youa re continuing to do all those examples i posted.

Actions speak louder then words, if you want your actions to match your words, go back and discuss my original post with a real response instead of the nonsense 1 line "LMAO" response you posted

here is what you are failing to see (taken fro your quoted post above not even going back to other posts)

attacking the poster not the argument

false accusations. I've never been disrespectful to you or anyone else here

again false accusations and attacking the poster. I've never done either of them.

complete contradiction of this quote

also projecting, because you self admittedly hold your stance firm contrary to any debate or reasoning, you believe others to do the same and will make accusations at them

then you have this doozy
    if that's how you truly feel, then why reply with a 1 line useless post that contributes nothing, it's much easier to just not reply at all. SO why go through the effort of making such a bad post that doens't nothing for the discussion and then defending the post to the death by attacking the poster

So if you really believe what you are trying to convey about yourself, I suggest reading this, taking a minute to comprehend it and look at it objectively, and then respond like the person you claim to be, not the person you are actually being.

TonyFtLaud, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I ain’t saying nothing

TonyFtLaud, abc, NYJFOREVER and 2 others like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

if me and Bowles are gone, carry on our legacy my brothen

jk, please dont get in trouble lol

GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

I wonder what statistic Josh Allen actually looks good in?

Big Cat likes this.
  14. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Height

15. GasedAndConfused

none he's a QB scouts will fall in love with hsi arm. much like guys like jamarcus russell. I'd be more interested in the TD stat as well.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'm in the Josh Rosen camp, but I'd take whichever of Mayfield / Rosen / Darnold is available and be happy with that. Hopefully one gets caught with a bong and falls.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

I'm looking at YOU, Cleveland! Fall in love and take the #4 ranked QB and spare us the drama!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. abc

abc Well-Known Member

It's Mayfield or bust for me... ehh I'll take a shot @ Darnold if he falls to 6 & Mayfield is gone but I don't want Rosen... NO Thx... You can add Allen & Jackson to Thee Do NOT Want List as well... If Mayfield & Darnold are gone trade down pick up an extra 2nd & take Lauletta in the 2nd with 1 of our now 3 2nd rd picks.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Sam Hammer

I can't blame you for being sketchy on Rosen. Southern California QBs can't always take the harsh weather. Mayfield is more proven in that department. I'm with you on Allen & Jackson. The way I see it, if Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield is not there at 6, take Nelson or Barkley if available. If they are all gone, then trade and immediate proceed to the next available ledge.

#59 Sam Hammer, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  20. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaha....