What if the 2009 and 2010 Jets made it to the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 28, 2018.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Would Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers both have Super Bowl rings right now?

The Jets probably would have beaten the Falcons in 1998, but I doubt they would have won it all in 2009 and 2010.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No. The Jets would have beaten the Saints 24-21 and the Packers 55-37. Mark Sanchez would be our franchise QB, Woody Johnson would be Sir Woody Johnson, noble ambassador to Great Britain, and Rex Ryan would be forever immortalized as standing on one foot like Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull, which is a much better band than you are a poster.

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Lost to the saints

Beat the packers- Remember the Jets played the packers earlier that year and lost 9-0. They were one of the only teams I have ever seen neutralize Aaron Rodgers. Also the referees were abysmal in that game and gave the packers two free interceptions that weren't even close to being ints.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Then you realized it was all a dream. :D

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I actually think we would have had a solid shot against GB in 2010. They had beaten us earlier in the season in a very hard fought 9-0 shutout, in which they got the benefit of the doubt of some very questionable officiating. I would have liked our chances in a rematch.

I'm not sure about the Saints. They were so much more explosive than us. Just like GB did in 2010, the Saints beat us in the regular season of 2009, but it was more of a blowout. Still, I think we would have had better than a puncher's chance.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

TBH, I thought he would have ran on the Saints and beat them. I think the Packers would have had us beat.

It really gets me upset thinking we were in the CG b2b years.... that truly may be the peak of what I see from this team in my lifetime.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

As good as Parcell's Jets were I still think the best Jets team I saw in my lifetime was the 1986 squad that beat John Elway's undefeated Denver Broncos on Monday night football before the injuries set in. They got Gastineau and O'Brien back but made it to double overtime against the Cleveland Browns while still missing several key players.

I think we would have had a good shot against the Broncos in the AFC Championship rematch had we won as the Browns took them to overtime resulting in a Subway Superbowl appearance against the Giants. Not so sure we could have taken the Giants unless we had all of the injured players back.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What if Spiderman joined the Fantastic Four?

phubbadaman likes this.
  9. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

That would mean Tanny had drafted better first of all and Rex would still be our HC today. Back then I was certain they were going to win a SB. After 2009 I thought this team could easily get to the SB in 2010 if Mark Sanchez becomes a better QB than he was in 2009 and Tanny can manage to find a pass rusher. Simply adding Jason Taylor turned out not to be enough. We also lost Kris Jenkins after only 3 plays in 2010 and that really sucked............

10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

We'd all be alot happier and look at the videos of those years after a season like this and feel better too.

11. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I agree we had a better shot against GB, but I dont think anyone was beating Rodgers that year. If you recall GB wasnt playing great early in the year and then turned it on in December.

12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'd be poorer, because I would've done whatever was necessary to attend both, and I'd be a lot happier, assuming we would have won at least 1 of them.

I think the Saints would've beaten us for sure. Green Bay would have been interesting.

13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Drew Brees would have made Drew Coleman the most vilified player in Jets history had we made it.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We would've won in 2010. Jets were on a revenge tour that year, beat the Colts and the Patriots. We were the only team to make Rodgers look mortal that year too in the regular season.

Jets_Grinch and grkmanga31 like this.
  15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

2009 I think we mite have lost but 2010 was the year the Jets should have won it all. Like others have made it, we beat the colts and the pats and held the Packers to 10 points. We would have rolled them in the Superbowl IMO.

But it wasn't meant to be.

Also, although not a direct parallel, the Vikings loss against the Eagles reminded me of the Jets loss versus the Steelers.

Both teams won their championships in the divisional round and came out flat. Both teams don't know how to win consistently when it counts.

Winning is a culture thing. As a team you have to learn how to be successful and the Jets never knew what it meant to be successful for an entire season + the entire playoffs. Vikings were a spitting image,even though the Jets may have pulled off a comeback in that game had certain things broke right.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

We'll never know but at least they would've made it to the Super Bowl.

I think they could've beat both teams the Jets matched up well against both teams in the regular season they lost both games because of Buttfumble.

The Packers were hot too in 2010 Jets vs Packers would've been a great Super Bowl one of the best ever great qb-O vs great defense, two piping hot teams. Watching the inferior Steelers play in that Super Bowl was one of the most disappointing time as a Jets fan.:(