What if it comes down to Darnold or Rosen tonight?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Poeman, Apr 26, 2018.

?

If Baker goes #1, Barkley #2...Jets at #3 should go

1. Darnold

29 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Rosen

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound "crazy" at all imo.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What is with you guys wanting Rosen over Darnold? The Jets luck could be changing right in front of our eyes if the Browns pass on Darnold. He is a really good player. I don't know what film you watched to say otherwise. Rosen is good too though, but I would take Darnold over him. Can't believe this could actually be an option for the Jets! Love it.

DefenseWinsChampionships and joe like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Fool me once with a QB from USC that had turnover problems.

I know you can't REALLY make the comparison between the two, but Darnold has a propensity for turning the ball over and making dumb decisions. 22 turnovers is bad. It's a red flag that I can't ignore. And if we end up with him, I'll be just as happy as if we end up with Rosen or Mayfield. I just prefer the other two.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

When usc played UCLA all I could think was rosen is the best qb in the game that night. Not even sure darnold was the best offensive player for his team as the rb looked better.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I mean Rosen as a football QB is incredible. I don't want to see 25 turnovers with Darnold, but yes he is more polished then Sanchez was...Still can't argue really between the two. Even our poll seems to be split but its very close

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I believe Rosen also performed better against common opponents. Off the top of my head, I remember Darnold struggled a bit against Stanford while Rosen played pretty well.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Starting to get this sour feeling they end up with Darnold with Rosen on the board still for the taking :( .

Assuming Baker to CLE, I want Rosen here.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Don't fret...Either way, no one will judge us for picking either one of those two guys. They are both considered really talented.

9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Theyre so close, go back and forth on the two. For me it comes down to durability, mobility and improvisational ability too. Darnold also just seems to come up with a pass that makes you say, damn thats good.

Big Cat likes this.
  10. "My Favorite" is Martin

This is how I feel. Darnold had a better team around him but Rosen really impressed me. I know it isn't fair to evaluate based off one game but I that impression he made stuck with me. With Rosen I think he just has to rein it in a bit and learn what he can and can't attempt at the next level. With Darnold I feel like we are going to have to break some bad habits he developed with ball security.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

But here is the thing...

Darnold also comes up with passes or plays that are terribly improvised leading turnovers which make you go, WTF

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Also Rosen’s stats get way worse on the road whereas Darnold’s stay the same and Baker’s get better. That scares me of Rosen too. We’re already a bad road team.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

You just KNOW we are going to hear the "another USC QB for the Jets" narrative over and over and over again.

14. LF911SC

Not too many. He had 13 INTs. Winston and Watson had 17 their last seasons in college. Hes 20

15. LF911SC

Because we had all of one before?

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What is with us? Seriously? Rosen is a polished player and very good. Darnold is pretty raw, and could easily wind up being a bust between the hitch in his throwing motion, his lack of experience, his shoddy footwork, his shoddy decision making, his small hands (the smallest of any of the top QBs) and his propensity to turn the ball over via both fumbles and interceptions.

Don't all the TOs concern you? Haven't you seen enough of those from Jets' QBs??? Don't his shoddy fundamentals concern you? Doesn't his lack of experience give you any pause at all? Doesn't the fact that he regressed badly this past season concern you at all? Doesn't it bother you that at the Combine when he had a chance to go head-to-head with Rosen, Mayfield and Allen, he spit the bit? I'd seriously almost rather have Allen than Darnold. At least I know that Allen has some cojones. I think that Darnold may be just a big pussy.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rosen was better that night. I agree. Still I would take Darnold. But if the option is Darnold or Rosen, then Mac hit it out of the park!
    Yep, we have talked about it for months, each have concerns. I just feel Darnold is the best overall. I love his ability to move around and make plays. He has instincts in the pocket that can't be taught. You know I have had him ranked #1 the whole time! Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield are all great picks to me though. Allen is the one I would dislike.

18. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I really believe between these 2, its a toss up, seriously, unless Buffalo is in the mix I would trade down to 5 or 7 and get more picks - you know one of them will still be there.

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Rosen appears more NFL starter ready than the 4 imo. It s a crapshoot. Whoever we select hopefully we’ll have luck on our side.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I won't be disappointed withe either,,for me its a close call but I take Darnold before Rosen,,,,,but I really think this won't be an option as I think the Browns are taking Darnold