what ever happened to the 9th pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Mar 11, 2006.

1. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

is detriot looking at abe for their 9th pick

2. I think that 9th pick was just wishful thinking or the Lions trying to get the falcons to up their offer. They'd hafta be really foolish to make that move. Of course, this is Matt Millen we're talking about.

3. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

The Abe talk has really quieted down the last few days.I can see Abe remaining a Jet and signing a longterm deal.Mangini is not gonna let 1 of the top 10 defensive ends in the game go.Besides if we 3-4 they move Abe to outside linebacker where he might excel and be a force to be reckoned with.This position is better suited for his size.

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

What the hell are you talking about? The abe trade talk has INCREASED....

He has scheduled visits with 4 other teams...I am not sure how that translates to him staying with the Jets...

Abe will not be a Jet next year...you basically can count on it.

5. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

the hell im talking about is talk is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!! lets see who gives up the first rounders and who pays the price? visiting teams is the name of the game.do you buy everything you see?

6. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Abe was my favorite Jet...

As of last year, he was my favorite...
    Yeah, he has an attitude (what DE doesn't (reggie doesn't count))...
    He is still the best player we got and I don't understand why Ellis got props over him, BUT if he's gotta go then any first is good considering the Alexander/James situation last year. Wasn't he a LB when we got him,
    What I'm really trying to say is:

Why can't he be our McGinnest in our 3-4?

Don't answer with he don't want to because that's just money, I'm talking about football here...can he do it?

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Mangini is not going to give out a $18M signing bonus to Abraham. That's not the Patriots style.

8. 1028

1028 Active Member

I think McGinnest is going to be our McGinnest in our 3-4 :beer: Well at least for this year, I think we're gonna sign a vet to play that position. And well draft a player and try to move him there in the meantime. Id like to see us draft Daryll Tapp and move him to OLB. I think hes got the size and ability to excel there

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

First time I have ever heard a response for "What the hell are you talking about?" being started with "The hell im talking about is..." :grin: :up: :rofl:

10. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Thats what we should do we have to sign Mcginest to play OLB in the 3-4. He would be a great fit. As far as the 9th pick i dont think Detroits gonna do it. The rumors were a whole bunch of bullshit.

11. JetFanInMiami

JetFanInMiami Member

i think we are going to hold on to abe until late in free agency when some team will go desperate and give a high pick for him

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

But why can't abe be our OLB?

I mean, he kicks ass...Is it money? Is it attitude?
    What I really wanna know is can he hack it as an OLB?

13. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

He does not want to be here. Keeping a player on the team that does not want to play there anymore is a very bad idea. Team chemistry is important, and when the rest of the team knows someone does not want to be there it does not help in the chemistry department.

14. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I already told you. It's money AND attitude. No way is Mangini, a Belichick disciple, going to give an $18M signing bonus to Abraham.

15. Khan

Khan Active Member

and if anyone of you have common sense who want him at OLB you'd realize he won't take less money to play a position he's not experienced at...

16. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

He was promised when he was franchised last year that if he stayed healthy the Jets would seriously engage on contract extension talks. Jets never talked to his agent all year and he wants out since its clear to everyone that he is being held hostage for a draft pick.

He hasn't signed his franchise contract so JA has all the leverage in where he decides he wants to go.

17. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

yeah, that would be great, having a half Assed LB who gets paid like a top end. Terrible move. keeping him would only be good if we were in the 4-3... and there was no cap... and if he never got injured.

18. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

That was a pipe dream. Why would Detroit trade the 9th pick overall for a guy the Jets want to trade?