What are you going to do with your Sundays this year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Aug 23, 2017.

1. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I come here, see how badly damaged most are, and leave feeling better because I've been suffering longer, and yet still have hope. :)

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  2. LarryAlRalph

Well, you'll be watching another game wondering how the Jets are doing. Then, on the ticker you'll see they're down 28-7 in the 2nd, and the impulse will pass. And you'll be glad you cxl'd Game Pass and saved some money. Trust me.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Obrien is a good HC, he will be a good mentor for Watson, amazing what a good offensive minded HC can do for a young QB.

4. Red Menace

Jet fans in support groups are encouraged too not share.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. LarryAlRalph

Oooh, that was subtle ...

;)

Red Menace likes this.
  6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

A good HC is helpful, but you still need the talent above all. I think the determining factors are the skills and determination of the player and not so much who his HC is.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true Jets fan. lol

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  8. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I was born to suffer thus I will do what I have always done. Watch and cheer like a fool for my NY Jets.

9. Witz55

Witz55 Member

I will be attending each home game and watching every Road game on tv. What else would a die hard fan do that has been to 3 home playoff games in my 31 years as a season ticket holder. Hoping for a miracle season before I die!

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ummmm... being a Jet Fan, I wouldn't know...

11. Red Menace

It's weird the games we get in CT, other than local teams, we get some good games on sister stations and I have been able to see Houston a lot last year.

I don't follow them but the games that I have seen, it has been the QB play that has been their biggest shortcoming.

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

there are a lot of jet fans, so i bought stock in the company that makes pepto-bismol.o_O

13. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Probably won't watch the late kick-off games due to time difference and there might be a bit more channel surfing to other games BUT I might finnaly make the trip to Metlife with the assumption of cheap tickets and more room :D

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Will be following Green Bay this year. After what I've seen in practice and the pre-season games, this is going to be the worst Jets team we've seen in a long time.

Like, epic bad.

I'm just hoping the key players can get out of the season healthy and we don't loose too many games by more than 30.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Ride, until its unbearably cold. Then buy some heated gear and ride some more.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You're able to just be "following Green Bay" ? Weird. Is green your favorite color? Can't imagine changing or even sharing allegiance, but it's my curse.

17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, as you probably have noticed by the absence of game threads, I haven't watched a single Jets preseason game this year. The Jets being as bad as they are, in addition to the NFL turning into some kinda political circus have turned me away. I recently bought a vacation house in the Poconos and will be spending weekends there (no TV, just internet access), at least while it's not too cold to be there :)

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I make a distinction between "following" and "rooting for". Unfortunately for me, I arbitrarily selected to "root" for the the Jets at a young age (could have just as easily selected the Giants). So there's no going back on that for me. Also, I don't have a family with a rich tradition of rooting for the Jets so it's not like it would be betrayal if I "followed" the Packers.

This season will be an abyss of pleasure and I have no motivation to root for the Jets to win in any capacity because the team needs to secure a top 3 pick.

Why Green Bay?
    A friend is originally from Wisconsin. He actually owns a home in Green Bay. He took us for the Green Bay / Dallas game 2 seasons ago. It was the best football experience I have ever had; Lambeau, the food (cheese curds), the locals, etc.

Also, being green and white based does help.

We're actually planning to go this season for the Saints game. I highly recommend it.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'll be glued to my TV for 12 hrs straight like I've done for the last however many years. Only difference is this year if there is a quality game on at the same time I may make that the priority game and switch to Jets during commercials. I most likely won't even do that but maybe.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Watch football. What the fuck else is there to do?