Welcome To The Jets Ring of Honor Kevin Mawae

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Aug 30, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nominated for 2017. One of the best centers the Jets have ever had. Parcells signed him as a free agent specifically to block Ted Washington of the Bills. Mawae could get out on the sweep as good as anyone.

ajax, FJF and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Met Kevin about 30 times at Hofstra, stopped and signed every autograph, took every photo with my sons and every other fan...a great teammate and great player....great example of how an NFL player should represent the game

boozer32 likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He should have been a first ballot HOF but I think his hardline union stances might hold him out a few times. That is the really sad part that they cannot separate the business side from the professional.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Best pulling center ever. Him getting out in front of Martin on the toss sweep was virtually unstoppable.

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I never had the opportunity to meet him, but from all accounts he's a stand up individual and is definitely deserving of this honor due to his play on the field. We were spoiled for years with great C play from Mawae and Mangold. We're now entering back into reality with Johnson/Harrison.