Welcome to the Jets, Jamal Adams!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 27, 2017.

1. JetSetter47

JetSetter47 New Member

The same Mark Sanchez that has been spent most of the last two years on the bench? Fitzpatrick has started more games in both the last two years than Sanchez has since he left the Jets.

2. The long time fan in me wants to be pissed about the fact that we're going into yet another season w.o a true solution at QB & the fact that after day 1 of the draft we still have by far the worst offense in the entire league..

w. the value,need & foundational type piece that Adams represents. He is basically a "QB of the D"..the fact that he is as good of a player as he is...and sheesh even the ATHLETE he is(which nobody is talkiong about) yet all you hear about is his top notch intangibles & leadership qualities... This is a blue chip building block. Anyone concerned about his coverage skills or range/agility need to see his combine workout. Forget the #'s he put up...or "Yeah but can he do it in pads" argument...focus solely on his movement skills at his size...it's eye opening. Kid appears to be the total package...Brian Billick compared him to Darren Woodson.

The Landon Collins comps are silly....he's a significantly better prospect & athlete.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez 2 Fitzpatrick 0. With what you are saying Fitzpatrick should be highly coveted on the free agent market. With those stats, winning and games started.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Love the pick. Adams is a hard hitting machine who is always around the ball and is also good in coverage.

He's a top flight safety who can change a secondary through play and leadership for years to come.

5. JetSetter47

JetSetter47 New Member

Well we gave him $15 million last year, so yea.

6. HardHitta

I can't let this go unnoticed because of how insane it is but are you saying Sanchez was a good QB and the reason why we went to 2 AFC title games and not our top flight defense and top flight offensive line that we had???

I'm not a Sanchez hater like most are but we also have to be realistic here. Sanchez completed more passes to the turf and opposing team
    those 2 seasons then he did to his own team...

7. JetSetter47

JetSetter47 New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the comedy of arguing the merits of two underwhelming QB's.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Going to be really interesting to see if Bowles and Mac continue to put these corners on an island. Let Adams do what he does best or will he have to help cover the deficiencies of the corners by playing over the top all of the time? I want Adams on TEs, roaming and making plays around the ball.

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

that is not true ...the book on Pryor was he takes bad angles on routes and didn't wrap up in tackling. This guy can cover Pryor cannot... Now maybe Pryor will stay in the box where he belongs.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That fucking asshole needs to learn how to tackle. I can handle some bad angles but trying to headhunt every play is boring from an undersized douchebag who celebrates every play like he's the legendary Kyle Wilson.

TwoHeadedMonster, FJF, RPOZ51 and 3 others like this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Pryor was good in 2015. For the rest of the time he's played like a shit Eric Smith.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

At this point, it looks like he's gonna be in a box at the bottom of the ocean with the fishes. ;)

13. boozer32

Its a team game it take all phases to get anywhere in the NFL. I'm saying we had good defense for the years after him and how did that work out? We had good offensive lines after he him. How has that worked out. When was the last time we went to the playoff and who was the QB? Favre? Clemen?, Tebow? Answer that then tell me what's insane.

14. HardHitta

We had a really good defense and a really good offensive line WHILE Sanchez was "LEADING" us to those 2 AFC title games you speak of. More of a reason why the defense+O-line+RB mattered most... Sure he was part of it but we made it there more in spite of him then because of him. If Favre was on that squad the next year we probably make it to the super bowl. Sanchez had a lead leading ridiculous 30 turnovers and barely completed 50% of his passes and we almost did.

Frenbar and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  15. boozer32

Had the very same thing with Fitzpatrick in his first year and we did what? I mean Gilchrist, Skrine, Revis, Cromartie, Richardson all had great years and we went nowhere. So you want to try another analogy? Nobody looks at the defense or even the players. The QB is the guy who get's the blame and the credit whether they want it of not. Can you name Joe Montana defensive players from his first SB without googgling?

16. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

This guy really wanted the Jets to draft Jamal Adams

17. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Not a big college football guy- but excited most about the leadership abilities this kid brings.

Its start in the locker room, and if you read multiple quotes from multiple players last year- it was another mess.

18. HardHitta

The 2015 team/defense and o-line/running game wasn't nearly as good as in 09 and 10. That's laughable in it's own right... Wow... So to you, Mark Sanchez was the real reason for our success in 09 and 10 and not the great defense and run game that we had... Yea I'm done with this. Can't argue nonsense. No disrespect man well just agree to disagree.

boozer32 likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Got it hand it you @101GangGreen101 you are persistent lol. I should have started my oj howard dms much earlier

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Matt Miller is an asshole, he mocked Marshon Lattimore to the Jets for a good portion of the draft process.

FJF likes this.