Week Two Games

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Yisman, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Michigan touchdown!

penalty flag on the ground

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

What a meltdown by the Irish.

3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2 Div 1-AA caliber defenses will do that.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

pretty hard to understand how both defenses leave guys wide open down the field in those situations.

These defenses stink.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

haha, go fuck your mother, Brian Kelly, you integrity-less sack of shit. better yet, eat her asshole.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

And if the Irish would not stop doing stupid and dumb turnovers, this is a blowout win by the Irish.

Man I don't know what else to say. If I hear anyone on ESPN or what not speak about how GREAT this pansy ass, joke of a team that the Michigan Wolverines are I am going to fucking explode. What I saw was Notre Dame being absolute sloppy, especially in the red zone and they lacked the killer instinct mentality to put away this fucking clown of a team. Michigan Run's D is a fucking joke but they got the big stops on 3rd down. Michigan's TD by Robinson on that fumble speaks volumes to how lucky of a team the Wolverines are how they got the big breaks tonight. Tommy Rees played his heart out but such sloppy turnovers proved costly that you KNEW that despite being down by 17, that the Wolverines would find a way to get the game back.

Bob D'Iaco be ashamed of yourself for turning Denard Robinson into Mike Vick out there. The guy is a talent, do not get me wrong. But he threw underthrown wobblers out there that the Notre Dame secondary could not do jack shit upon stopping. Tommy Kelly's playcallin was pretty damn bad....so predictable to do a delayed handoff to Wood on 3rd and 1 that the Wolverine D was feasting on that. Did this twice....

Michael Floyd was a fucking stud muffin. Michigan could not do jack shit to stop the man. The fucks were hanging on him jersey all game long. If there is any justice in the world, the man becomes a Jet next April. And besides the fumble, Cierre Wood played his heart once again. Manti Te'O provided huge hits and was ballhawk. There were a few Irish players who played great games that have to be overshadowed by this bullshit.

Much like last week, the Irish killed themselves more than the opposition went for the win.

7. BakerMaker

Its a shame because the front 7 is actually pretty good....its this joke of a secondary(That includes you Harrison Smith) that are so lost, blow defensive assignments. Zeke Motta sucks ass as a safety, even if he got a pick. He's Zbikowski without the pop in his game.

Manti Te'o is awesome....one of the best LBs in the nation.

You'd think Kirk Cousins would roast the Irish D and that the Spartans will spank the Irish next week but Notre Dame will find a way to piss me off next Saturday and the opponent much like USF and MICH will play like ass only to feast upon turnover and turnover by the Irish.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

[youtube]bpT63EXL85k[/youtube]

apperently he was stable at the time of transport.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Can't believe anyone is talking about how great either of these teams are. Two mediocre teams played a very sloppy game. I'd be pretty confident in saying neither will finish the season ranked in the top 15.

10. BakerMaker

its a shame that the Irish turn the ball over so much because yards wise, they took it to both South Florida and Michigan. The Irish have killed themselves with penalties and turnovers.

If they can ever correct these mistakes, then we are talking about a pretty decent team...although the blown assignments on the final drive were pathetic.

11. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

You're understating how bad their defense is. They gave up 30 yards a completion tonight and there were at least 5 or 6 more plays where a guy was running wide open in their secondary and the QB overthrew him by 20 yards. Sure, they have some talent on offense and will beat up on a few cream puffs over the rest of the season but bad, poorly coached teams find ways to lose games and that's what ND is.

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Your team has a looooong way to go before I start worrying about your team even if it is in south bend, the way both these teams played tonight against any decent team they would be roadkill on the schedule.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Cierre Wood is one of the best backs in the country. If Rees takes care of the ball, they'll upset a few teams.

ND has a great QB prospect redshirting this year. Everett Golson is the perfect fit for Kelly's offense.

14. BakerMaker

Its basically the same Irish team that took Sparty into OT last season so I don't think Mich St will whitewash the Irish on Saturday. As Electric said, Wood has been a great back this season compared to the lack of RB attack the Irish had last year vs Sparty and I think Rees at this point just brings more to the table than what Crist did.

Also, playing an 0-2 team on the road is always dangerous. The Irish are hungry for a win and desperate....that's the worst type of team to face in college football.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Oh, give me a break.

The worst type of team to face in college football is a powerhouse like an Alabama or an Oklahoma.

16. BakerMaker

Oh but you would not expect to win those games vs such powerhouses....Mich St has the pressure to wipe out the Irish and the Irish are going to be swinging knowing what will happen if they become 0-3.

When the Irish were good, I HATED playing the Navy's or Purdue's knowing that Notre Dame had to perform at a much higher standard as opposed to facing USC.

Add that this is a rivalry game and yeah...this won't be a cake walk.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't think Michigan State gets an easy win either, but to say an 0-2 Notre Dame team is the worst kind of team to play in college football is a little too much.

Like I said earlier, Tommy Rees needs to take care of the football. Cierre Wood will get the job done. I have no doubts about it - he's a baller. If Rees limits the turnovers, they'll beat MSU.

MSU is overrated. ...ND was overrated to start the year too, but they'll fairly equal teams.

18. BakerMaker

Rees just has to pass it to Mike Floyd, teams need to start double teaming him at this point as there are very few corners in the game that handle this man 1 on 1. With Floyd garnering attention, than Eifert, Jones and Riddick need to come up big.

If Mich St makes the mistake of putting a corner 1 on 1 with Floyd.....abuse that all day, every day, especially in the end zone.

Should be a shootout once again....The Irish secondary is going to make Cousins look good.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Kirk Cousins is good.

Rees was intercepted last night because he forced the ball to Mike Floyd when he was heavily covered. The commentators seemed to think the throw was "late" - no, that was just a bad decision by a young QB. He never had Floyd on that play.

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If ND had a secondary, I wouldn't be as confident but they don't. It would be one thing if ND was committing TOs vs a powerhouse and losing, no they were giving the ball away like it was a charity to the "vaunted" USF bulls and a bad Michigan team, all I called my team was decent, that by itself is much better than anything that ND has faced and lost to.

Once is a coincidence, twice is a trend, ND will be giving the ball away all season.

Sure it could be close, only because it is a rivalry, but a win is a win.