Week 8 - Bills @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

You mad?

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This game is winnable but this is the Jets we're talking about.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Just promise you won't bitch again next Sunday about the Jets getting a couple extra days to prepare when they beat Buffalo.. Again.

Axel3419 likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The worst is behind the Jets. Unfortunately, they need to win 8 out of 9 to make the playoffs. Possibly all 9. Take one at a time. Buffalo is next. It is a home game. The Jets will find a way to win. They have to.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit about the schedule, and who we play now? The only way we make the playoffs is by winning out, or MAYBE losing 1 more game. If anyone thinks we are losing less than 2 games, then I want some of whatever you're taking.

6. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Are people actually talking about making the playoffs? We might beat Tennessee

slimjasi, JeTsInTexas and TNJet like this.
  7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Of course I'm going to bitch. Last year the Jets had 10 days to prepare the first meeting and 2 full weeks the second time. This year it is the EXACT same thing. That's ridiculous for division games IMO.

8. BrowningNagle

Oh god here we go

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

loss number 7

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Seriously, wtf is wrong with people? At this point I'd be surprised to get to 4 wins.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Awesome both those teams are still better than buffalo. Jets beat the saints and pats last year but no way they were better than them

12. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

its not ridiculous to play against manning n brady in 4 days right?

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

This game is hard to call, I keep bouncing between 50/50 on a Jets win and 60/40 on a Buffalo win. I think Buffalo top to bottom is a slightly better team, but both teams have QB questions. I'll probably settle in on Buffalo being the favorites after this weekend but for now I think it's 50/50....best chance to win since the Oakland game.

14. BrowningNagle

The Jets will win this one. We can debate on whether we want that to happen, draft positioning or not..

It's a good matchup for the Jets. Buffalo has the worst Offensive coordinator in the NFL. Paul Hackett's kid hahaha. They will ignore the Jets weaknesses in the secondary and try to run the ball 30 times. The Jets will also put a lot of pressure on Orton because there are some real weak points on the buffalo OL which plays into the Jets strength.

Buffalo will try to win this one in a 13-10 type game which plays right into what Rex Ryan's Jets need. Geno Smith typically plays better at home and he will do just enough for a Jets win.

15. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I agree with everything except the bolded part and we might have the worst guards in the league. For some reason against Houston in a tight game we threw twice as much as running and for reasons not know last week Spiller only played a total of 12 snaps. F Hackett!! We trade away next years first to get Sammy and haven't utilized his skillset once! No reverses, bubble screens, getting the ball quickly with a chance to use his elusiveness. It seems like Hackett's strategy is to use him as a decoy without a proven track record in the NFL.......Oh well hopefully all changes this week when we blow out Minny, we'll take that momentum right into the Trash Jersey.

16. BrowningNagle

Hackett is a chip off his dumbass old man's block...
    Spiller and Watkins are dynamic talents and yet he'd rather run it up the middle with an aging Fred Jackson and design pass plays for slow ass Chandler. That will be helping the Jets out.

17. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I've wondered and so have other Bills fans if Marrone has had an influence (or limiting) on the playcalling. It's obvious he's a control freak given the Mike Williams situation, creating the playlist for songs played in practices, among other things. I can't fathom a coordinator being this bad. It's not even like I'm asking our QB'S to go out there and win the game, just do something to get our playmakers the ball. I have no problem with Freddy running behind our big physical line but I do have a problem with over 90% of Spillers carries going up the middle. Freddy hasn't fallen off a bit and is clearly the leader on offense.....But I'll remain optimistic, the playbook was limited because of EJ but this will be Orton's 3rd game. A game where I expect us to win by multiple TD'S, Minny will not score more then 14 on us.

18. impure

impure Well-Known Member

Because Kyle Orton is nowhere near the quality of Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler, Rivers, Manning, and Brady

Axel3419 likes this.
  19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Play Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Manning, Brady back to back and then bitch. Until then shut the hell up.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Jets O will have just as much trouble against the Bills D. I also see a low scoring game with a turnover or big play on special teams being the difference.