Week 6 Studs and Duds (vs NE)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 16, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

just making a tackle he should make doens't make him a stud really. he's gotta make plays to be a stud. like i said he wans't a stud or a dud IMO

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he was wide open for an 80+ yard TD and mccown underthrew him. josh doens't have the arm for a guy like anderson TBH

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where that came from with Skrine today. He was getting his head around and jumping routes like crazy. Maybe extra film study? He always reminded me of Kyle Wilson. Kyle Wilson had great cover skills. He was always stride for stride with receivers. He just had awful ball skills and never turned his head or reacted to a throw.

The corners have been very solid this year outside of Burris. Daryl Roberts can flat out cover. Claiborne is a good player too just need to keep him healthy. We took a one year flyer on him due to that injury history but I'd retain him if we can get him back at a reasonable price. 3 years/$20 million??

The Pats completed most of their passes over the middle. Sometimes great players are going to make great plays ala Gronk. Nothing you can do about it. Only play I can really remember them getting outside the numbers is the 42 yarder to Cooks.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

I feel like Anderson is the type of guy who just doesn't have the frame to get bigger. Unless he didn't try in the offseason which I highly doubt. He doesn't have broad shoulders and he's very skinny.

Unfortunately I think he is what he is at this point. But he's still a weapon who can gain seperation. Someone said similarities to Desean Jackson and I definitely see it. He's just too damn lanky and thin to be outmuscling defensive backs for 50/50 balls.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I started to get the impression he was being a little passive on some of his routes, and before plays end, could be wrong. But, I'd like to see him come back to the ball better and/or not let up on the play. One of his strengths is going up to get the ball. He won't out-muscle too many guys but he can go up and get the ball and could easily sky over a lot of them, and also contend enough to avoid some INT's...

I like Claiborne, he's a gamer and a character. I'm a fan. Sign him, and ASJ, and Ealy.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

He can go up and out jump defensive backs, but that doesn't mean he's going to come down with it and maintain control to the ground. I say that after seeing Malcolm Butler along with the impact of the ground disrupt the completion of the catch. He doesn't have enough body mass to hold on to the ball as his body slams to the ground.

We should keep using him though. He gets away from defenders very easily. I'd like to see him get the opportunity on some bubble screens and those quick Patriot type of quick hitting receiver screens. He reminds me a bit of Mike Wallace. Not the most shifty players in the world but if they get a lane they have incredible straight line speed.

We need to explore ways to get him the ball in open field. We seem to have good blocking receivers that are gritty in disrupting defensive backs. Let's see if we can steal a tunnel screen for a score one or two times a game to him, especially if we read off coverage.

Walt White likes this.