Week 6: New York Jets @ Arizona Cardinals

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Thought I would start this thread. Can't say I'm looking forward to next Monday on National TV for the whole nation to get a taste of our misery but here it goes.

Good news is we're 6-2 all time against the Cards with the last loss coming back in 1975 not to mention this is not the AZ of last year so we have a shot to salvage our season. Lose Monday and I can see us easily going 2-14.

Carson Palmer is 1-4 VS the Jets all time so we have that going for us :)

#1 Jetsfansince95, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Royal Tee likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This game should be competitive although the outcome is hard to predict. I'm just glad this game isn't in MetLife. Waay too much pressure on the Jets to win.

3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think our porous D is going to be able to stop D Johnson. And I'd bet they'll run John Brown on a Go route, which they'll complete for a TD, and our secondary will stand around looking at each other thinking, "Who's fault was that?"

It's not below the Jets to lose to a back up QB, didn't we lose to Case Keenum last year and the Texans?

And 2-14 is way to optimistic, no way we finish THAT bad and actually get a shot at a top QB prospect

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

At 4th down and 2 10 min to go in the game we will be punting ....

Just so yer ready

BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If we did we would take a CB or DL instead anyway so why even worry about it.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Only if we're down by 7pts or more..

phubbadaman and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We beat the Bills, Bills beat the Cards, Bills beat the Pats, WE beat the Cards, WE beat the PATS!!! That's how it works ;)

JetLifeLo likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Time to start to turn the season around. The Jets are currently 2 games behind the Ravens for the #6 seed in the AFC. They can quickly make up ground during the next few weeks. It starts on MNF...

9. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

but do you really have the confidence that THIS team can do it?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Jets 13 Cards 24

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If the jets can beat the Cardinals then I feel better about the possibility of turning the season around. If not, then you may as well pack things up, play rookies, specifically rookie QB's, and see what you have on the roster.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say confidence, but the potential is there. Bowles beating his former team on MNF would be a huge step.

13. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

New England created a great blue print on how to beat them. Keep everything in front of you, something we struggle with mightily. Don't know why and I sure as hell don't know how, but I think we win vs Arizona on Monday

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The only way we keep everything in front of us is if we line up the secondary with their heels on the goal line

nyjetsmets89, Jake and Jets69 like this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I feel like we are due for a good game from Fitzy. I say we win but don't bet on it.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So something like this but on every play. You might be on to something FJF..
    [​IMG] s

Footballgod214 likes this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The blueprint included the Cardinals not being able to snap the ball properly on a field goal attempt. They replaced him.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Cardinals have been atrocious. The look like they have fixed the special teams and the pass rush. Math
    AZ Season ticket holder. The Cards have been atrocious. They made some serious changes on special teams which actually looked decent against SF. They punted and covered and got the snap down. Something they were unable to do in their previous games. Also there best defensive player returned from a bad injury and they are starting to turn him lose. Tyron is a great safety and Peterson can cover. Cooper on the other side sucks but he has great speed and while he gets beaten like a drum has a knack for interceptions. We lost both starting guards and Shipley is a turd at center. Up the middle pressure on Palmer is death to the Cards O. The Cards D has been a hot mess but they have lots of talent all over the field. With a long layoff I think they are going to bust out. I will be at the game with green long sleeves under my Johnson Cards jersey.

FYI as a long time Jets fan and now a big Cards fan it couldn't suck enough to see the Pats win in our building and the Bills beat us with Ryan. The only thing worse is watching 60 something year old Pete Carrol celebrate like a 5 year old every time Seattle wins in our building.

If you're coming to the game and have to take a shit, you can be assured that the guy in the Brady shirt who just came out of the stall before you pissed on the seat.

20. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

We will win if they don't show up. :oops::(