Week 2: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Pseudo Spike

Pseudo Spike Member

I expect a typical hard fought, down to the wire game with these divisional rivals. The fins have question marks against the run and LB coverage. They usually can generate a pass rush but did not against the Titans. If that is the case on Sunday, it will be a long game. On the other hand, Miami's o-line looked better than I expected. If they can establish the run with Drake and Gore and give Tannehill time to get the ball to their playmakers via the pass game, that spells trouble for the Jets. Should be a good test for both teams because the Lions were just God awful and Tennessee was depleted via injuries and I think was overrated in the first place. They made the playoffs last year but had a negative point differential. Very excited for this game!

egelband, HomeoftheJets and Brook! like this.
  2. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Anyways, I'm just excited to go in and see if we can continue to create turnovers. Haven't seen our D play like this, even in the Rex Ryan era.

#42 Matthew_McBride, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Brook! and egelband like this.
  3. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

I still remember that Monday Night Football game against the Dolphins in 2009. It was a great game even though the Jets lost. I wouldn't like the Jets to beat the crap out of the phins, but I could see a back-to-back TD game happening.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude, you were the one being pushy and arrogant, first with Cman60 (a moderator) and then with Acad23.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You might as well throw any attempted analysis of that game right out the window. None of these guys are used to a twelve hour day on Sundays - the only team that has had it worse was Tennessee, imprisoned in a visitor's locker room for eight hours.

7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people especially in New England are underestimating the competitive nature of the AFC East. I do not think the Patriots will go 13-3 or 12-4 like most Patriot fans think. I think Miami even though the Jets won convincingly in MNF is the 2nd best team in the AFC East followed by the Jets and then the Bills.

The fact the Jets are not going to Miami with the heat down there gives them a better chance. Keep in mind that Miami at home beat the Titans who many people feel are a playoff team. For those of you who claim this is an important game, you are so correct. The Jets are playing for the #2 status in the AFC East. I think and expect both Miami and the Jets will be giving the Pats more of a competitive game this year then last year. From a football purist you got to give the edge to the Pats but I believe that edge is much thinner this year.

I think the Dolphins will be trying to confuse the young lad Sammy, so it is important for the Jets to establish a good running game like they did against the Lions.

My early observations so far is the Jets offensive line, especially the right side did an excellent job in run blocking. If the Jets running game can keep Darnold's pass numbers below 30, I think the Jets can win.

I am impressed at how Darnold can throw on the run. I have noticed he definitely is a roll out right QB and I wonder what happens if a defense forces him to roll to his left which is not natural for a right handed QB. Can he still make decent throws rolling to his left? Oddly enough I probably will get in trouble for saying this, but Darnold does remind me of Jimmy G. I also like the fact even though he runs well for a QB, he runs to throw first. Hopefully he will be smart enough not to run into any danger. From what I can tell he is so far.

It appears the Jets investment in safeties may be paying off and that could be a great way of dealing with the Gronk this year. In this game they need to force the Dolphins in long third downs otherwise it could be a long day for the defense. The Dolphins love to wear down defenses and the Jets better make smart subs to keep their players fresh especially if its a hot day.

I think the Jets best weapon in winning this game will be special teams. A part of the game that is overlooked.

I give a small edge to the Jets in winning this game.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. Pseudo Spike

Pseudo Spike Member

After 8 hours at the bar I felt like I played in the game.

Brook!, Ralebird and Cman68 like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Jets are in Jersey.. heat shouldn't be a problem.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yes. Patriot said this =)

11. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

And taking pics of stuff I'm doing and posting it on Instagram/Twitter for the world to see, because millenials are important. Lol

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets first couldn't win road games with Bowles. The next test for Bowles and this coaching staff is to keep the team focused, don't let them get too high after last weeks performance. Still got a long ways to go.

Keep proving these fans wrong and SQUISH THE FISH! This is going to be a tough one as usual. Kenny Stills was a monster against the Titans in WK1.

13. Miami_Vice

Miami_Vice New Member

lowly Dolphin fan here, you guys looked really good on Monday Night Football. (complete & utter domination on all fronts)

This game has me pretty worried cause your fan base/home crowd will be out in full force making an insane amount of noise . For our sake, I hope Coach Gase & Tannehill are up for the task.

Your 21 yr old rookie QB looks like the real deal btw . Should be a hard fought game . I'm leaning towards the Fins 20 / Jets 17 . I do think the Jets come back down to Earth after this game. But keep in mind , I'm wearing some Aqua colored glasses on right now haha. :)

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  14. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive here but I don't like it when those teal fans come over here, under the guise of nicety, to proclaim victory.

NYJFOREVER, NYJetsO12 and jetsclaps like this.
  15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I expect a typical close, down to the wire, whoever has the ball last decides the winner type of divisional game.

The SOJ fan in me says this would be a typical loss. Look great in a surprise road win one week, then have a bad let down divisional loss against a beatable opponent. I'm gonna hope the Sam era will be different.

Jets 20 Fish 17

16. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

I wasnt the one who made the original claim about coming out flat after ‘big’ wins.

My personal stance is that Bowles’ Jets have generally come out flat, unprepared, and/or other on the ROAD for the most part. Outside of the MNF debacle 2 years ago against Colts at home, im hard pressed to recall a home ‘stinker’. In fact weve been really solid at home, even the last 2 lossss to NE, and games vs. Atl, Car last year to name a few, are games we should have won, and certainly ly didnt lose because we came out flat.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Too true..LMAO

On Mad Dog radio (Sirius) this morning the Morning Men were quoting the UCONN football coach who was saying that in this age of cell phones and internet kids today can easily hide behind devices to mouth off and avoid unpleasant consequences. He thinks being challenged in their opinions,their work and behaviors by others in reality and being "uncomfortable" is really helpful to have them mature

playtowinthegame likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Bookies got it wrong last week big time..

Truly a pick em this Sunday..I think? Who knows

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm going to the game this weekend and I'm expecting the stadium to be a zoo, especially following Monday's victory in Detroit. I'm expecting a hard fought game between two division rivals. I'm curious to see if the performance on Monday night was a fluke or if we are actually a good football team. Hopefully Bowles can keep the players focused and ready to rock and roll come kickoff.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

14 of us going. Will be in sec 148.