week 14 Jets (5-7) @ Broncos (3-9)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FJF, Dec 3, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think all the jet receivers should come out with some thick gold chains. Talib would be ejected by the second play of the game

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

slimjasi, All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No chance he can resist that

Red Menace likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know Denver well enough this season. I think of them as a good team, but clearly at (3-9) they are not. Peyton Manning is long retired, and this is a team who lost to a winless Giants team on their home field. So the only question is which Jets team will show up? The Bills/Chiefs version or the Raiders/Buccaneers version? The road has not been kind to the Jets thus far.

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

- 16 turnover ratio. They give up sacks and INT's. So we better continue that.

How 'bout our ST's makes a big play finally? I'll take a blocked kick, and a JoJo Natson return for a TD while I'm at it :)

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think not only the Jets win, but win big.

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This is what should happen, but IMO, Bowles biggest failing so far as a coach has been his inability to get this team to play good football on the road. I just don't trust us in Mile High. I could also see Denver's defensive line destroying our offensive line.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

8-8 beckons o_O

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The numbers are an anomaly this year. Denver is top 5 in Run defense yds / game and top 5 in pass defense yds/game yet Denver has given up the second most points in the NFL (only Indy is worse). I haven't watched any of their games but this suggest that their offense is giving teams short fields to work from and the defensive figures in yds / game are skewed because of the short field meaning their top 5 isn't really top 5 because of field position. If their offense keeps shooting themselves in the foot and continue given opponents a short field it bodes well for the Jets. If their offense can be somewhat productive or hold field position the Jets could have trouble.

ColoradoContrails and Walt White like this.
  10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Jets, Detroit and Denver defense have all given up 32 TDs this year so far. Denver just gave up a punt return TD, kick return TD, 2 pick 6 and a fumble return TD. On top of that they gave up 2 safeties.

11. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

We Wuz Kangz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Menace and Walt White like this.
  12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Hate waiting until 4 PM

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'll go with Jets 24 Denver 14

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It would show progress if they do that, but I just can't trust them. I'll say Broncos-20 Jets-13.

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Jets heading out west for a 4pm game. I can probably find stats on this, but I think they tend to struggle with each. Plus, coming off of a nice win, this seems like a set-up for a loss

Walt White likes this.
  16. Walt White

As a favorite more so. They're a slight favorite at -1, -1 1/2, although there's pick 'em available. If Denver doesn't turn the ball over this could be a tough one. Jets make too many mistakes not likely

#36 Walt White, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

It would annoy me if Vance Joseph, the tool that Tim Brown torched for 800 yards one night in 1995, beats the Jets.

Joseph will not last very long as an NFL coach, but it seems appropriate that he'd come back around and screw us again.

Red Menace and Walt White like this.
  18. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

It's a game like this Sunday and the TB game that separates the Jets from being in the echelon of the patsies. The patsies always come out like a house on fire and put bad teams away in short order. The Jets let them hang around by starting at a snails pace and play not to lose. They essentially wait to get beat. Until they learn to change that losers mentality, they will never make the playoffs, let alone get to the SB.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Screw all a yous. I'm in for 9-7, GO JETS!!! The reason I say that is that even if our New York Nyuk Nyuks were 0-12 right now, best case scenario is that Darnold or Rosen would suffer a career ending injury in a flag football scrimmage in mini-camp. I don't give a crap about draft order. Just close your eyes, roll the dice, and hopefully get lucky. That's really all it comes down to. So, yeah, GO JETS!!! Oh, and I'm not going to the Pagan Yule Eve game. Too much cooking to do, and besides, how the F would I ever get home? The New Dump will be PACKED. My tix will probably sell for the price of 2 pieces of Bazooka bubble gum if divine providence shines upon me. Friggin' inflation on Bazooka bubble gum, though; which means maybe 50 cents each.

Freddy Mondo and Footballgod214 like this.
  20. Walt White

Bazooka Joe!

Go Jets!