Week 10 Studs and Duds (vs TB)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 13, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

Anderson - another solid game. 4 for 85 yards and a TD. we need to use him more. we didn't throw deep to him until desperation time and he responded with another long TD. He's gone 4 straight games with a TD now. we need to throw it deep his way early to back off the defense and stop them from loading the box.

ASJ - 6 for 67 yards all in the last 10 mins. We can't refuse to throw his way for 3 quarters. makes no sense.

Maguire - 57 yards and 12 touches in back-up duty. looked good as a receiver as well. is turning into a solid pick for sure

Defense - help TB to FGs all game. fitz at 50% passing and 187 yards 1TD and 1 INT. held martin to 51 yards on 20 carries

roberts - 8 tackles and a big INT

Davis - was everywhere again. solid coverage game (big pass breakup late in the game and applied pressure.

Duds

O-line - worst performance all year. the bucs had 8 sacks in 9 games prior to this. they had 6 sacks sunday. not acceptable. they also failed to open any holes in the run game. it was just piss poor all around

McCown - his worst game as a jet by far. 59% completions 1 TD and 1 INT. couldn't move the offense all game. too many 3 and outs and too many 3rd and longs. 3/15 on 3rd down

powell - nothing going in the run game and a bad fumble that could have cost more if the refs didn't blow it dead.

Penalties - 8 for 77 yards. WTF too many flags especially on the DBs

Bowles/Morton - bowles for not having the team ready to win a game we needed badly. morton for sticking to the run and tipping his hat. we should have abandoned the run by halftime.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I continue to be impressed each week with Anderson and ASJ. I've had reservations about each earlier in the season, but they continue to look better. Anderson absolutely needs to get more chances deep. Nice to see Chad Hansen make a couple nice grabs! A minor dud would be Ardarius Stewart. With Kerley out I was hoping to see him be more involved, but it's only one game. Still have high hopes for him

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Think he had a hammy injury too so he def wasn't at full strength.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

it amazes me it took 3 quarters to finally get ASJ the freaking ball

K'OB and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

When ASJ made that great play on 4th-and-16, and he started to run through their secondary, he looked absolutely enormous in comparison to the defenders. I remember thinking, why didn't we unleash this guy before we were two scores down?

[​IMG]

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

38 year old journeyman Shitzpatrick clone, play the kid!

7. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I think we are also forgetting that Muhammad Wilkerson returned to NOBODY status in this game?

8. ukjetsfan

He was a game-time decision so it looks like his injuries were playing up again. Maybe he should be shut down rather than run the risk of doing long-term damage. He showed real flashes of his old self in the past few games, but I still don't know what his future holds as far as the Jets are concerned.

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe many of us, including myself, need to consider that injuries could be and have been a major factor in Mo's performance the past two years? Hard to say how much is preparation/effort/play and how much is related to injury

10. ukjetsfan

Hey, I'm as conflicted as you are and I'd pretty much written him off - but after the team stopped making him practise he had some real impact on the field, so I'm wondering if I was being harsh on the guy. But if he's injured and ineffective, why the hell play him? Give someone else experience and let Mo get properly healthy. It's not like he's giving it up for the team and still performing at a high level. He's been mostly invisible.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's apparently playing with a shoulder injury and a broken toe. I'm willing to give him a pass in hops that next year he returns to form.